PDA

View Full Version : possible terminator? help id

albertheras
12-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi everybody. Happy Holiday. I picked this up at a show. Dealer said it was arnold Schwarzenegger.
What do u all think?

GoldenAge50s
12-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Certainly looks BIG enough to be him!:)

thetruthisoutthere
12-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Certainly looks BIG enough to be him!:)

That was a good one.

Leon
12-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Just curious of the methodology here? So ya go to a memorabilia show, see an item with scribbling that someone says is so and so......you seem to have no clue, so you say, sure..I will take it. Then you come back here and ask about it. Either that or you are making them yourself and trying to get validation. From here on out, when you ask for help with an autograph, I will need to know (privately) precisely where you bought it, and contact information to get a hold of them. Short of that I am not sure you need to be asking questions. However if the other members want to go along with this farce then I guess it's ok......

UnVme7
12-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Are you buying all of these recently, or did you buy these at "garage sales" and "card shows" a long time ago? I guess why I'm asking is, a lot of people post on here for opinions before they buy something, not after. And they don't try to test the forum members for fun either.

Really, you're better off getting a psa quick opinion at the rate you're goin....

albertheras
12-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Leon I got this at a card show (dania fl) for a dollar. I felt it was worth the small gamble.

jgmp123
12-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Who sells a "Terminator" signed baseball at a card show for a $1??? Fake or not...Seriously man....nobody believes that...selling it to you for less than the ball itself didn't give it away??

Bestdj777
12-24-2013, 06:45 AM
Who sells a "Terminator" signed baseball at a card show for a $1??? Fake or not...Seriously man....nobody believes that...selling it to you for less than the ball itself didn't give it away??

I think he is telling the truth. I know I love to spend $10 bucks for baseballs (is that what they sell for now?), get them autographed, and sell them for a tenth of what I paid for them. It's an excellent business model.

jgmp123
12-24-2013, 06:53 AM
From my count, he hasn't posted 1 real autograph pickup yet...the idea that he is doing these himself and trying to get an opinion here sounds about right.

Leon
12-24-2013, 07:48 AM
From my count, he hasn't posted 1 real autograph pickup yet...the idea that he is doing these himself and trying to get an opinion here sounds about right.

After moderating the board for around 10 years I get a bit suspicious of weird behavior. I am NOT accusing the OP, only bringing up a scenario we have seen more than once before. I don't want our forum to be "played".
You guys know more about this stuff than I do so if I am way off just let me know. I only want this to be a safe, legitimate place to talk autographs.....

albertheras
12-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Dude seriously. I can't believe how many times I have been accused of fraud and or signing the items my self by you all.
I bought it in a dollar bin. The ball is signed as seen on the sweet spot of a youth baseball
I am not a dealer or cheat
I just bought a ball in the dollar bin and it looks like a Schwarzenegger
I thought this was a place to share and discuss

baseball tourist
12-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Dude seriously. I can't believe how many times I have been accused of fraud and or signing the items my self by you all.
I bought it in a dollar bin. The ball is signed as seen on the sweet spot of a youth baseball

Some free advice. Your posts are obviously raising some ire amongst the forum members. May I suggest that if you have a bunch of "unknown"'autographs, perhaps think about putting them all in one post (using successive pics) and let those that enjoy that sort of thing try and assist. The "known"'autos that you have that you are unsure of their authenticity, perhaps try and seeking an opinion from the TPAs? Just a thought.

albertheras
12-24-2013, 08:39 AM
I have a bell barfield and mosby auto ball
Want to c?

Leon
12-24-2013, 08:51 AM

Dude, if you had been on the board as long as a lot of us you would understand the concern. There has been more than one scammer who has posted on the board, covertly, looking for help in his endeavors. With your posts the way they have been are we supposed to not even give it a thought? And as far as you saying you aren't a dealer or cheat, how do we know, because you told us? Actually, many of us are quasi dealers so that is not a concern. The "cheat" part is always a concern. I will butt out after this post. If our members want to "play" I have nothing against it. Please believe me when i say this too, I have nothing against you either. I am only watching out for our community. Good luck and happy collecting....

Bestdj777
12-24-2013, 09:12 AM
For what it is worth, it looks a little too sloppy to me. I've only compared it to one exemplar though, so my opinion is far from conclusive.

If you like autograph collecting, you should consider posting a bit more in the existing threads. When people get to know you and like you, they will be a lot more receptive to any questions you may have about a particular piece. I've posted two or three autos over the last year or so, and, some insanely knowledgeable people weighed in and helped.

Other posters have have had faced similar criticism when they first joined but have stuck it out. For example, one guy on here came on and started posting a lot of fake ruth cards he had picked up. Turned out he just made a handful of bad purchases. He now participates in lots of discussions and is very well liked.

What's your favorite auto?

albertheras
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Guys. Im just a follow autograph collector. I will admit to being New to the boards but im not trying to upset people. Ill always describe them truthfully I just have thousand s of autos id like to share. Some of them are inherited. But many r from card shows over the last 35 years.
I mainly collect cuban memorabilia.
Thanks for all the advice.
Happy holidays.

albertheras
12-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Guys. Im just a follow autograph collector who mainly collects Cuban Players autos. I am willing to trade also.
I really love these Cuellars.
Thx for the advice.

baseball tourist
12-24-2013, 10:10 AM
I have a bell barfield and mosby auto ball
Want to c?

The outfeild of my youth. That is up my collecting alley, but unfortunately not of interest to more than a handful of forum members/Jays fans.

albertheras
12-24-2013, 10:23 AM
U probably thought the terminator referred to tom henke.
lol

drcy
12-24-2013, 10:32 AM
If it was for sale for $1 the seller didn't think it was an authentic Arnold Schwarzenegger signed baseball or was selling it as one.

packs
12-24-2013, 10:41 AM
I see bargain bins all the time at shows. They're just filled with what the dealer considers to be overflow or barely valuable. I don't think it would be unsual to pull signed baseballa from a dollar bin that the dealer isn't sure about. Thinking it's signed by someone and knowing it's signed by someone are two totally different things. I'd charge a dollar for a baseball with a totally unknown signature I thought maybe resembled someone else's too. If I'm selling it at all.

drcy
12-24-2013, 11:02 AM
I'd agree with that-- common ball player signatures identities can be forgotten with time and are often hard to read. Except everyone would remember the baseball signed by Arnold Swarzenegger. That's like a baseball signed by Prince Charles or Madonna-- something the owner won't forget.

I'm sure there are bargain bins for unreadable signatures and other thowaways and, yes, it is theoretically possible that a Madonna or Terminator signed baseball could fall into the bid. But it seems unlikely.

If a story was a genuine Swarzenegger signed baseball was won at a show with a $1 raffle ticket, I could definitely see that happening.

albertheras
12-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Also. The dealer I bought it from didn't specialize in, or sell autographs. He was mainly a loose cards and wax guy.
Also of note Arnold Schwarzenegger was involved with the inner city games for years in south Florida. Were this ball was bought. It's on a youth Rawlings ball. It may look hurried cause he signed it on the go for a kid.