PDA

View Full Version : Magazines or News papers etc

kamikidEFFL
12-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Hey fellas I did a search through the forum and didnt see anything I could find so here I'm asking, are there any magazines or newspapers that people subscribe to that talk about the vintage stuff pre war?? I can't find anything. I know now a days everything is online so if anyone can help me out be great. Thanks guys

Jesse

Leon
12-19-2013, 08:28 AM
OldCardboard magazine is about all the hobby stuff I subscribe to, as far as print material. Every few years I get an SCD- Krause Big Book of Baseball pricing catalog. That is about it for me.

kamikidEFFL
12-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks ill have to check it out. I love being able to keep up with what the hobby is doing. Now a days nothing is printed anymore

ValKehl
12-19-2013, 04:23 PM
OldCardboard magazine is about all the hobby stuff I subscribe to, as far as print material. Every few years I get an SCD- Krause Big Book of Baseball pricing catalog. That is about it for me.

+1. FYI, the actual title of the "Big Book" Leon is referring to is the Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards.
Val

kamikidEFFL
12-19-2013, 05:35 PM
U guys ever get the sports collectors digest?? That any good

irishdenny
12-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey there Kid,

Search "VCBC"

If you look around BST , Ebay, Amazon, Google it, for a Magazine that was A Live in the Mid 90's... It was Called "The Vintage & Classic Baseball Collector", VCBC for short!

There's a Lot of Good Articles in the them... Some of the guys who contributed still post here(Our Very Own Barry Sloate comes to mind!).

You can pick the set up for about $150, the #7 is a Short print and sometimes it isn't included...

As Always...

kamikidEFFL
12-19-2013, 06:35 PM
That sounds good another one ill have to do some research on

Koufax32fan
12-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I still subscribe to SCD, and have been a subscriber for 20+ years. I used to read it for the ads (the classified ads were great too). Nowadays, I subscribe for some of the same reasons that I still subscribe to the local paper - it's nice to hold the paper in my hands, and it would be a shame if it just disappeared. In the 12/27 issue, there is a cover article about the T218 set - a set that I knew absolutely nothing about before I read the article.

kamikidEFFL
12-20-2013, 05:57 AM
I agree everything is now online and hate not being able to actually hold a newspaper on my hand. I may do a year long subscription see what it's like and go from there. Thanks for ur input