PDA

View Full Version : SOLD!!!! - 1933 Washington Senators Team Signed Ball

Shoeless Moe
12-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Anyone looking for a last minute Xmas gift for themself?

$325 Shipped

Rookie manager Joe Cronin (HOFer) at age 26 bests Joe McCarthy, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig and the 1932 World Campion Yankees by 7 games for the Pennant....AMAZING!!!!! Washington would not reach the postseason again until 2012.

In 2011 a 1933 team signed ball went for over $2500!!!!!
http://www.premierauctionsonline.com/lot-19072.aspx

Granted the signatures were bolder, but this is a very tough 1930's championship team ball.

Signatures include:

HOFer - Heinie Manush - OF - Sweet Spot
Ray Prim - RP - Sweet Spot - appeared in only 2 games in 1933

HOFer - Joe Cronin - SS/Manager - Age 26!!!!
Bob Boken - INF
Walter "Lefty" Stewart
Alex McColl - RP
Cecil Travis - INF

Joe Kuhel - 1B
Ossie Bluege - 3B
General Crowder - SP - 24-15 record
Earl Whitehill - SP - 22-8 record
Moe Berg - C

(I can't make it out)
(I can't make it out)
(I can't make it out)
Buddy Meyer - 2B

(I can't make it out)
Dave Harris - OF
Ed Chapman - RP - only played 1 year 1933 - appeared in 6 career games
Luke Sewell - C

The Chapman/Prim connection lead me to conclude this ball is from a game on either September 24 or October 1, 1933 as those were the only 2 games they both appeared on the roster at the same time. It might be nailed down to which of those 2 games by further examining the remaining signatures on this baseball and the rosters/boxscores of those 2 games.

On both of those dates the Senators played Lefty Grove, Jimmie Foxx and the Philadelphia Athletics.

The Senators would go on to lose to the New York Giants days later in the 1933 World Series 4 games to 1.

Many of the auts are very light others are more bold.

This ball is not JSA or PSA authenticated, but I guarantee it to pass any authentication service or I will pay for Authentication Fees and shipping fees both ways. You will pay nothing! This is the real deal no question.