PDA

View Full Version : END OF THE WORLD and Prewar

joeadcock
12-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Wondered recently, how I would react in end of world scenario, as in movie LEGEND with Will Smith. Few survive. Dont know why, but I am alive. As I search for food, I find dream in shell old building in Phili. A cache of NEAR MINT CABINETS stuck in metal box in the walls of the building. Being the overboard prewar fanatic I am(look at this forum over and over all day long), in this scenario, would I just say "oh well". Throw the NEAR MINT CABINETS, keep searching for food, survivors, or would I sit down and study them for awhile and dream some more? Maybe the Zombies would affect my decision
(.....yes I did wonder about this....yes I do work for a living and pay taxes...though I did just watch WORLD WAR Z three times within 38 hours span of time).
What would you do?

Cardboard Junkie
12-14-2013, 10:12 AM
I would try to find the "Presidents Book of Secrets", (see if there's any baseball cards stuck in there.:)

Cardboard Junkie
12-14-2013, 10:19 AM
To add.....might find these...

joeadcock
12-14-2013, 02:18 PM
David

Thanks for the reply. Like the Plant T206........gotta admit probably one of the dummbest threads. Should have woken up more before writing it........after the life I lived my first 35 years,...I can out myself on this one....didn't used to have a sense of humor........

ethicsprof
12-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Change it from Near Mint Cabinets to T206 wagner, magie, plank, doyle error,
freaks, drum backs and folks all over the world will be ready to kill you for them. You'll have to quickly build a safe house so that THEY will be safe.
Once it is built then you can begin to create a life without fear.
Perhaps.
Glad to see that you're having fun and not having to deal night and day with
all those '-itis' and '-emia' issues at work!

I hope you're doing well, ole friend.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
and
all the best,
barry

joeadcock
12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Barry

Thanks for the words.

I assume you are dealing with the same uncertainty in our field that I am, with the new plan.

What is to happen is certainly up for speculation.

This hobby seems to continue without such disruption.

the 'stache
12-16-2013, 04:47 AM
If I am one of the last survivors of some world wide extinction event, I'll have no problem finding food and water, and shelter. But if I somehow stumble across a cache of pre-war cards, I'm not only sitting down to look at them, I'm taking them with me to assure they are preserved.

To borrow from the famous 1990's Sega Game "Zero Wing"...

"All your T206 cards are belong to us" :p

I think I could make it at least a few years, maintaining my sanity, if I could run around completing my set!

ethicsprof
12-16-2013, 10:50 AM
I understand full well the dizzying and deadening responses to the cauldron
state of medicine. The macroeconomic picture of the culture as a whole has
produced its own cauldron as well. I could go on.
I must say that my recent trimming three outdoor Christmas trees, revamping the nativity display, listening to Leonard Cohen's hallelujah, and waiting like
a kid for a 1920 world series photo with Jamieson stealing 2nd to come in the mail is my best medicine for the field of medicine---for many days.
all the best,
barry

ZenPop
12-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I understand full well the dizzying and deadening responses to the cauldron
state of medicine. The macroeconomic picture of the culture as a whole has
produced its own cauldron as well. I could go on.
I must say that my recent trimming three outdoor Christmas trees, revamping the nativity display, listening to Leonard Cohen's hallelujah, and waiting like
a kid for a 1920 world series photo with Jamieson stealing 2nd to come in the mail is my best medicine for the field of medicine---for many days.
all the best,
barry

I thought "trimming" was frowned upon in this community!

Republicaninmass
12-20-2013, 08:32 AM
The sole currency will be t206 cards

Leon
12-20-2013, 08:42 AM
The sole currency will be t206 cards

With their popularity I agree, T206 could very well be THE currency. But then the question becomes, are these part of it? (My vote is still no :))

http://luckeycards.com/pt213cobbmaster.jpg