PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Relaxing At Home..Ebay Seller Ceasar404

thetruthisoutthere
12-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Sometimes we (especially me) need to lighten things up a little.....

I found this auction on Ebay..........

Read the auction description.............

Just in case Ebay removes the auction, Ebay seller Ceasar404 writes "This is a rare picture of The Babe relaxing at home."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-genuine-autographed-Babe-Ruth-photo-/251400845494?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item3a88a878b6

Scott Garner
12-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Yowzer!! Chris, that is definitely a classic!!

Thanks for posting this. :p

earlywynnfan
12-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Gone already! Someone needs to hammer Rare and Signed with this one!!!

thetruthisoutthere
12-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Gone already! Someone needs to hammer Rare and Signed with this one!!!

Don't worry, it will be listed on Roach's Corner next month......

thetruthisoutthere
12-10-2013, 07:12 PM
I just checked the auction and it is still active.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-genuine-autographed-Babe-Ruth-photo-/251400845494?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item3a88a878b6

mighty bombjack
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
That is fantastic

Mr. Zipper
12-10-2013, 07:34 PM
It's gone.

thetruthisoutthere
12-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Yowzer!! Chris, that is definitely a classic!!

Thanks for posting this. :p

Thanks, Scott....

It made my day.......

GrayGhost
12-10-2013, 07:59 PM
that is not the king of clout, the sultan of swat, the BAMBINOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H52N9ojcJAY:)

thetruthisoutthere
12-10-2013, 08:06 PM
that is not the king of clout, the sultan of swat, the BAMBINOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H52N9ojcJAY:)

Perfect.

RichardSimon
12-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Don't worry, it will be listed on Roach's Corner next month......

As much as I despise CC, I don't think even they would stoop to that level.

RichardSimon
12-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Rare and Signed should be flogged.
Glad to see ebay has the sense to bar them.
Jason Cullen, from the UK, is the name on their website and he is supposedly the principal of this company. The UK is certainly the place to go to authenticate Babe Ruth I guess.
Anyone have a contact in Scotland Yard?

sayhey24
12-11-2013, 09:54 AM
So what are all you guys saying -- that's not really the Babe's house?

Greg

khkco4bls
12-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Oh my goddddd!

Runscott
12-11-2013, 11:00 AM
I think this auction was done as a joke, right?

It might be interesting to have a contest where each participant creates a Babe Ruth forgery where we do our best to accurately forge the signature, but the piece has something glaringly wrong with it (such as his signing a photograph of Dexter's father).

Mr. Zipper
12-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Along those lines, we could perform the same type of test on "Rare & Signed."

If I submitted a "Babe Ruth" signed ham sandwich, would they cert it?

:D

jgmp123
12-11-2013, 12:05 PM
It has to be a joke or an ignorant attempt at fraud...If you look at the "Rare & Signed" COA, you will see it says the subject is a "Baseball". I would assume the photo was copied over the original ball photo....But hey, then again I could be wrong!! :eek::eek::eek:....NEVERMIND. IT DOES SAY SIGNED PHOTO!!!! GEEZ...SOMEBODY NEEDS TO FIND SCOTLAND YARD'S ##

RichardSimon
12-11-2013, 02:46 PM
I think this auction was done as a joke, right?

It might be interesting to have a contest where each participant creates a Babe Ruth forgery where we do our best to accurately forge the signature, but the piece has something glaringly wrong with it (such as his signing a photograph of Dexter's father).

It does not look like a joke to me. The signature is a decent forgery to the unknowing, done by a serious forger in my opinion. And getting a COA from the aforementioned company does not seem to be hard to do. After all, it does take a major effort to get on the banned list at ebay.
One thing I have learned about forgers, in all my years in this hobby, they might be skilled at what they do but the majority are a pretty dumb bunch.

djson1
12-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Maybe the Babe signed this pic of the guy on the couch (?). haha.
BTW, does anybody know who the guy is in the pic?

thetruthisoutthere
12-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Here's another hilarious Babe Ruth auction found on Ebay.

Read the COA from Strike Zone.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Signed-Baseball-With-Certificate-/121234121597?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

GrayGhost
12-11-2013, 08:04 PM
OMG. :eek:the sig and especially the CERT. man, Chris, how do u find these gems?:):o

Scott Garner
12-12-2013, 05:37 AM
Here's another hilarious Babe Ruth auction found on Ebay.

Read the COA from Strike Zone.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Signed-Baseball-With-Certificate-/121234121597?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Wow, I didn't think that Broadway Rick had been around that long...

The cert says it all! :rolleyes:
I think that including Babe's full legal name is a nice touch

RichardSimon
12-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Wow, I didn't think that Broadway Rick had been around that long...

The cert says it all! :rolleyes:
I think that including Babe's full legal name is a nice touch

If I remember correctly Broadway Rick's company was called Broadway Rick's Strike Zone and was in Florida.

Scott Garner
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM
If I remember correctly Broadway Rick's company was called Broadway Rick's Strike Zone and was in Florida.

Richard,
From Google: As of 2007 Broadway Rick's Strike Zone was located in Winston Salem, NC.
Perhaps he moved from FL.

That being said, I was just making light of the fact that the COA stated that the George Herman Ruth ball was signed in the presence of Broadway Rick. Obviously this is not the case, which makes this totally ridiculous. ;)

slidekellyslide
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Richard,
From Google: As of 2007 Broadway Rick's Strike Zone was located in Winston Salem, NC.
Perhaps he moved from FL.

That being said, I was just making light of the fact that the COA stated that the George Herman Ruth ball was signed in the presence of Broadway Rick. Obviously this is not the case, which makes this totally ridiculous. ;)

Broadway Rick died a few days ago....maybe he did witness the signing of the ball.

Too soon?

Scott Garner
12-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Broadway Rick died a few days ago....maybe he did witness the signing of the ball.

Too soon?

Ouch!

Runscott
12-13-2013, 03:48 PM
It does not look like a joke to me. The signature is a decent forgery to the unknowing, done by a serious forger in my opinion. And getting a COA from the aforementioned company does not seem to be hard to do. After all, it does take a major effort to get on the banned list at ebay.
One thing I have learned about forgers, in all my years in this hobby, they might be skilled at what they do but the majority are a pretty dumb bunch.

Yes, the signature looks like a legitimate forgery attempt, but let's face it - many of us could produce a similar result. The joke is that they put a 'decent' signature on a fat guy smoking a cigar, who looks nothing like Babe Ruth, and the photo is likely '50s or '60s, maybe even more recent.

It really has to be a joke.

JimStinson
12-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Babe was quite a Chameleon...he looked completely different "relaxing at home" than he did in uniform swinging a bat. for comparison purposes have a look at the "relaxing at home Babe Ruth" photo and the "Babe Ruth having a night out on the town" image I've attached and you'll see it almost looks like two completely different people in addition to being such a great ball player he was a master of disguise !!!!!:)

Vintage autographs for sale daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

Leon
12-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Babe was quite a Chameleon...he looked completely different "relaxing at home" than he did in uniform swinging a bat. for comparison purposes have a look at the "relaxing at home Babe Ruth" photo and the "Babe Ruth having a night out on the town" image I've attached and you'll see it almost looks like two completely different people in addition to being such a great ball player he was a master of disguise !!!!!:)

Vintage autographs for sale daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

obviously that is Babe's bro. I think his name was Hakeemjudar....