PDA

View Full Version : Anyone collect or have any information on 1958 Bond Bread Buffalo Bisons? (D301)

Eric1977
12-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Does anyone else collect these or have any information to share on this regional set? I can't seem to find anything anywhere. I know there are 9 cards in the set Al Aber, Joe Caffie, Phil Cavarretta, Rip Coleman, Luke Easter, Ken Johnson, Lou Ortiz, Jack Phillips and Jim Small. They seem to be hard to find. There are only 20 examples on eBay presently and only 44 have been graded by psa according to the pop. report. Did they come out in a series? Are any players harder to find than others? Any info would be great! Thanks Eric

sealmark2
12-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi Eric:
I have the set but have not had any graded as I don't really believe in that. It took me a while to find the Easter several years ago. If I were guessing I would think my set would be 8-9 minimum maybe 10 but I will never know.

Mark K. Bowers

Braves3
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM
These were issued in western NY when I was young. They were placed on the grocery store counters and distributed free of charge, as I remember, by the store owners. I have a complete set, but I acquired it several years after the issue.
It is listed with the minor league cards in the SCD vintage price guide in 2013 edition. They are hard to find, especially in better condition.

hoot-owl
01-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Aber, Coleman and Johnson always seem to be available. Small was the last card I obtained for my lower condition set.