PDA

View Full Version : Bunting (not bunting with a bat) at Yankee Stadium from 1923-1927

BigJJ
12-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I am trying to put together a record of the decorative buntings for the early important games at Yankee Stadium - and equally important, the duration of such bunting.

Among many purposes, this will help in dating photos, and therefore events, correctly.

(Youre welcome Graig :) )- and also, thank you Graig for your many assists on period stadium questions.

Specifically, I know the bunting for Yankee Stadium Opening Day, April 18, 1923. but I do not know how long the bunting remained up. Does any one have pictures of Yankee Stadium bunting after the close of opening day 1923? I have found two. One via a post by Don this morning - thank you Don - that is from the series following the opening one with the Red Sox - Yankees vs. Senators, that shows bunting remaining on at least part of the left field side (then the Yankees side). I also have found a photo of President Harding and Ruth in which bunting is present. Did the Yankees leave up the opening day bunting for Harding's visit and then take down, bit by bit?

Did the Yankees have bunting for Opening Days in 1924,1925,1926, and/or 1927?

Was there bunting for the World Series at Yankee Stadium in 1923, 1926, and/or 1927?

Please post any and all bunting of Yankee Stadium from the start of the 1923 season to the end of the 1927 season.

Also - if you have photos that there was - no - bunting at any one or more of these Opening Days or World Series - this too would be very helpful. Thank you

And also if you had knowledge of a day in which there was bunting that was not either an Opening Day or World Series.

BigJJ
12-08-2013, 10:28 AM
April 22-25, 1923, not certain of exact date
Yankees vs. Senators, second series at the new stadium, bunting on at least part of the left field side (the Yankees side)
This may be the day Harding visited, as there is interior box bunting and it looks like two general hats in the box seated behind where Harding may have been. Was Harding on the Yankee, and not Senators, side of the field?

BigJJ
12-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Ruth with President Harding - April 24, 1923