PDA

View Full Version : B/S/T in the main autograph forum?

Leon
12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
The general rules/guidelines on Net54baseball, pertaining to buying, selling or trading have been different for different sections. On the main page there is none allowed unless it's some extraordinary situation and pre-approved. In the general memorabilia section it seems it is lightly allowed but preferred to be in the BST section. The other mods or I will not say anything, generally speaking, if someone posts a BST transaction in the main memorabilia section. Since i don't participate too much there, or here, I am neutral. Whatever ya'll want is fine by me. I want to have a short discussion on buying, selling and/or trading in the main autograph section, so at least there is a general consensus and guideline. I have a feeling i know what it will be but we shall see....

GrayGhost
12-07-2013, 09:06 PM
The general rules/guidelines on Net54baseball, pertaining to buying, selling or trading have been different for different sections. On the main page there is none allowed unless it's some extraordinary situation and pre-approved. In the general memorabilia section it seems it is lightly allowed but preferred to be in the BST section. The other mods or I will not say anything, generally speaking, if someone posts a BST transaction in the main memorabilia section. Since i don't participate too much there, or here, I am neutral. Whatever ya'll want is fine by me. I want to have a short discussion on it so at least there is a general consensus. I have a feeling i know what it will be but we shall see....

WEll, if an item is for sale, should be in BST. the main section is for discussion on forgeries, acquistions, etc, or am I that stupid, Leon?;)

Leon
12-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Generally speaking yes, but some have always been allowed in the memorabilia section, no? I only post that stuff in the BST sections myself.

thetruthisoutthere
12-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Items for sale should stay in the B/S/T section.

I vote "No."

MooseDog
12-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I vote that for sale items in B/S/T only.

Republicaninmass
12-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Glad our junior police of the message boards are chiming in. I would say keep it in the BST, but allow for USER ERROR. Sometimes it is late and us old timers get confused trying to post in the correct forum, and it can be moved accordingly with any duress to the viewers of this board. I view the board mostly using the quick links to "Today's posts", so one thread wouldnt clog up my viewing, and I would still see the item if it was something I wanted regardless of where it was posted.

Leon
12-08-2013, 11:02 AM
If things don't change from the way it looks then we won't generally allow for BST stuff in the main autograph forum. If someone does it then I, or another moderator, will politely move it. I usually leave the little redirect for a few hours so folks can see something has been moved...but then after that time frame the little redirect disappears while the thread stays in the redirected area.. All in all, No big deal. ..I wanted a read on it for myself....

thenavarro
12-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't mind having the B/S/T comingled with this forum. It's not like there are too many threads between the two that they need to be separate.

No big deal to weed out any thread you don't want to read. Just don't click on it.

Mike

perezfan
12-08-2013, 04:40 PM
I have no problem with items for sale or trade in this section. Some might miss a good opportunity, if confined to the B/S/T.

No biggie either way, IMHO... either way is good :cool:

mighty bombjack
12-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't mind having the B/S/T comingled with this forum. It's not like there are too many threads between the two that they need to be separate.

No big deal to weed out any thread you don't want to read. Just don't click on it.

Mike

I agree, but then b/s/t threads would have to be clearly marked to separate them from discussion, thereby allowing us to decide not to click on them. If that is the case, than it just seems easier to have sections for one and the other. This is why I voted no.

Runscott
12-09-2013, 04:53 PM
I like the idea that members can acquire something cool and post it here, without worrying about getting criticized if they offer it for sale soon after. I think that philosophy works well with memorabilia and autographs, but I understand why it's not allowed with cards.

Deertick
12-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Generally speaking yes, but some have always been allowed in the memorabilia section, no? I only post that stuff in the BST sections myself.

you do realize you called Scott stupid. right? :D