PDA

View Full Version : GRANDERSON to Mets

RichardSimon
12-06-2013, 09:50 AM
It pays to have a son working for ESPN,,, I get the news quickly :).
4 years, $60 mill
METS fan ----> :)

yanks12025
12-06-2013, 10:03 AM
I actually feel bad for mets fans. I hated Curtis as a yankee. He strikes out 200 times, swings at balls THAT BOUNCE five feet in front of the plate. Glad to see him go.

D. Bergin
12-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Similar to Ellsbury, if he reverts back to 2011 and stays off the disabled list, he's worth the money.......AND the strikeouts in Grandy's case.

Sadly for the METS, his type of player rarely blossoms when they land in Queens. Maybe it's the vicinity to the airports and the distractions flying overhead, but they tend to strikeout, and fly out to the warning track more often then wherever they came from. :D

That said, I'll root for Grandy to do well. He'll be great for the clubhouse and will always give the best interview on whatever team he's on. I picture him having a long broadcasting career after he retires.

RichardSimon
12-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Similar to Ellsbury, if he reverts back to 2011 and stays off the disabled list, he's worth the money.......AND the strikeouts in Grandy's case.

Sadly for the METS, his type of player rarely blossoms when they land in Queens. Maybe it's the vicinity to the airports and the distractions flying overhead, but they tend to strikeout, and fly out to the warning track more often then wherever they came from. :D

That said, I'll root for Grandy to do well. He'll be great for the clubhouse and will always give the best interview on whatever team he's on. I picture him having a long broadcasting career after he retires.

His stays on the DL were flukes. He is not a chronically injured player, he is not someone with a bad knee which is always giving him trouble. That is one of the reasons this Mets fan likes this deal.
And I think the Mets had problems with players coming to NYC and Grandy has played here long enough that it is not a problem for him.