PDA

View Full Version : Bat Ident Help Needed Ruth/Cobb/Clemente

quinnsryche
12-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Can someone direct me to a source that would tell me exactly what these bats are and their value? My dad sent them to me to try and sell but I have 0 experience in the realm of bats. I realize these are not game used but would like to educate myself before I try and sell them.
Thanks in advance,
Tony

drcy
12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Of course a seller wants to tell bidders exactly what something is, or at least that it's vintage versus new, store model versus gamer. However, if you aren't completely sure and put up enough quality photos, you're giving identification information to the many knowledgeable bidders who will be bidding on bats.

I once told an auction house that if they posted photos of the back stamps to the photos they were auctioning, many of the bidders would tell them what they were and when they were from.

A local Net54 board member was recently auctioning a Pre-War store model bat, and, as non bat experts but not entirely ignorant to the area, we googled for images of the stamps and dated it that way. I'm near certain that, between the two of us, the bat was correctly dated and there were no bidder corrections.

MGHPro
12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
The cash is a store model from the late 60's. the rest are replicas made in the last several years . The ruth sells in a wide range from 40- over 100. Just depends who bids . Cobb should sell for 40-70 and Clemente would be close to that range
Good luck
Matt