PDA

View Full Version : Striker - Brian Keller -Beware

AddieJoss
11-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Brian purchased a T206 Sovereign back from me in a PSA 4. He received the card and let me now was happy and was good. Tonight I got an email from Paypal that he was disputing this charge since "the case scratched and its overgraded". I sent hi-res pics ahead of time and it was accurately graded (not that it's important at this point). He was adamant to put this on credit card via Paypal and now in retrospect seems malicious. There was no contact with me before disputing with Paypal, nor reply to my earlier emails. Stay far away.
Cory Weiser

Fred
11-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Cory,

Was this transaction made from the BST page or just a friendly board member to board member deal?

nsaddict
11-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear and thanks for the tip, what a crappy way to do business. Just to be clear, are you referring to user name striker on this board?

AddieJoss
11-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes, user name Striker on this board.

I PM'ed in reference to a post on the board.
Very disappointed. The card was packaged well, shipped ontime, and confirmed he was happy until weeks later (now). Now I'm forced to fight with Paypal and authorities if needed. It's robbery. Be careful. With That said, I've done over 25 deals on here and never another issue.

e107collector
11-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Cory,

That sucks. How long ago did the deal take place?

Maybe he will respond, since he is currently logged on.

Tony

AddieJoss
11-28-2013, 06:43 PM
He just asked Paypal for refund earlier today. I'm not very Thankful for this...lol

KCRfan1
11-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Yes, user name Striker on this board.

I PM'ed in reference to a post on the board.
Very disappointed. The card was packaged well, shipped ontime, and confirmed he was happy until weeks later (now). Now I'm forced to fight with Paypal and authorities if needed. It's robbery. Be careful. With That said, I've done over 25 deals on here and never another issue.

I would hope the card is being returned to you. Sorry to hear about the lousy experience you have had. I guess there are dirtbag buyers even on Net54.

bobbyw8469
11-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I will ban striker from purchasing from me.

bn2cardz
11-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Cory,

That sucks. How long ago did the deal take place?

Maybe he will respond, since he is currently logged on.

Tony

Nope it looks like he just came on here to delete all of his posts.

http://www.net54baseball.com/search.php?searchid=619833

Cardboard Junkie
11-28-2013, 08:13 PM
You can delete all of your posts? I didn't know that.

bn2cardz
11-28-2013, 08:14 PM
You can edit your post deleting it all out so the only thing left is the word "delete" as is the case here.

thehoodedcoder
11-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Nope it looks like he just came on here to delete all of his posts.

http://www.net54baseball.com/search.php?searchid=619833

unfortunately that link doesn't show anything.

i feel like i did a deal with him in the past that went smoothly. not sure what or why he would be flakey all of a sudden.

kevin

BradH
11-28-2013, 08:37 PM
I went and looked at his posts earlier tonight and copied his first thread (pasted below), then I got sidetracked with the kids. Apparently he has since deleted them. He joined in late August of this year and the next day this was very first thread:

Done with card collecting, but not the great memories I've had with them.

He's apparently done with card collecting and is now only active in card stealing. This must be a gem of a memory for him. What a gutless a$$.

Unreal that we have to worry about stuff like this on this board.

AddieJoss
11-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know if I have any experience with getting the funds back from Paypal? What would need to be done?
Thanks,
Cory

Leon
11-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Only a moderator can delete a post entirely and it's very seldom, if ever, done (operational ones notwithstanding). Any member can edit out all of, or part of, their own comments at any time, unless a thread is locked.

the 'stache
11-28-2013, 09:31 PM
While I've never done business with him, I've spoken with Brian about T206 collecting, and he seemed like a good guy. Hopefully he'll jump on here, and clear this up as a misunderstanding, and your card will be on its way back to you.

That being said, if a card is to be returned, one should always contact the seller first. It's just common courtesy.

Does anyone know if I have any experience with getting the funds back from Paypal? What would need to be done?
Thanks,
Cory

Cory, was the purchase made via goods & services, or gift? That is the first step in determining if you have any recourse. If it's gift, you might be out of luck with Paypal. However, you should still have legal options.

Again, let's hope it does not come to that. I am hoping that Brian is a man of honor, and will do what is right here.

AddieJoss
11-28-2013, 09:36 PM
It was not a gift, but rather as a good.

vintagetoppsguy
11-28-2013, 09:44 PM
While I've never done business with him, I've spoken with Brian about T206 collecting, and he seemed like a good guy. Hopefully he'll jump on here, and clear this up as a misunderstanding...

Same here. I've shared many PMs with Brian and I can say that doesn't sound like him at all. In fact, one of the things we talked about the most was all the corruption in the hobby. He always seemed like a stand up guy to me.

Leon
11-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Brian purchased a T206 Sovereign back from me in a PSA 4. He received the card and let me now was happy and was good. Tonight I got an email from Paypal that he was disputing this charge since "the case scratched and its overgraded". I sent hi-res pics ahead of time and it was accurately graded (not that it's important at this point). He was adamant to put this on credit card via Paypal and now in retrospect seems malicious. There was no contact with me before disputing with Paypal, nor reply to my earlier emails. Stay far away.
Cory Weiser

He says the opposite concerning the contact. He says he tried and you ignored him. At least that is what he told me.

AndyG09
11-28-2013, 09:48 PM
I wonder why he has made no attempt at a reply. He is on the board now.

Best,

Andy

Leon
11-28-2013, 09:51 PM
He just got banned so I doubt he will be responding again. He had a few PMs with me, tonight, that I didn't care for. The last part of his email address is "meltdown.xxx" .....I find that sort of ironic.

the 'stache
11-28-2013, 09:52 PM
It was not a gift, but rather as a good.

Cory, you should be able to enter a dispute within Paypal's Resolution center. The Resolution Center is under the my account tab. Read the 'tips for sellers' information on the right side of that page.

Hope this helps. I've never had to enter a dispute myself, so I'm unsure of how long the process takes. Make sure your contact information (email and phone) on file with Paypal are correct, as they will likely contact you.

AddieJoss
11-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks Bill, I will reach out to them in the morning to try and speak with them if that is possible.

AddieJoss
11-29-2013, 07:04 PM
My reputation is very important to me. Here is an email reply almost 2 weeks ago that Brian was happy with the card. At that time, if he wasn't for any reason, I would have made it right. I post this to ensure my online reputation stays intact and also so that its clear I did not exaggerate anything (as now claimed)

rdwyer
11-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Cory: Glad to see you use an Apple computer. Once you go Mac, you never go back. Reputation is everything.

the 'stache
11-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Cory, let us know what Paypal tells ya. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

mart8081
11-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Cory,

I will vouch for your reputation. Recently (last 4 weeks) purchased a Cycle 460 of Leifield from Cory. The transacation was flawless. Card exactly as described and arrived in England really quickly - within a week.

Hope you get this sorted.

Regards
Martin

Acollector
11-30-2013, 01:57 AM
This is why I hate Paypal and Ebay. I miss money orders and checks. It was impossible to get screwed over like this back then once you got paid and the sale was completed. Try to show Paypal the email as evidence if it helps. Make sure you have the headers so they can trace that the email was sent from him.

7nohitter
11-30-2013, 08:57 AM
What a clown this guy sounds like...

Definitely keep us updated...it's too bad BS like this has permeated this site.

I have had some great transactions with members recently through the B/S/T and could not be happier.

Andrew