PDA

View Full Version : Selling baseball and other sports book collection

baseballart
11-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Ive posted this in the b/s/t but am posting here as well.

After twenty plus years of book collecting, I've decided to sell about 2/3 of the books, including most of the books from 1940s on. I expect there are more than 1000 books, most in baseball, but also rare titles in football, basketball, tennis and hockey. There are a number of signed books.

I'll be sending some groups of books and rare titles to auction houses but I'm looking for ways to deal with the rest, including bulk sale, auction house, or consignment. Shipping books from Canada is very expensive (over $15 a book) so it is not an option to sell individual titles from here. If anyone is interested, please let me know at baseballart@gmail.com.

I'll post some photos in the next few days. I don't have a list yet and it will take some time. Some of the books are listed on my Flickr link below but most are still not scanned

Max

barrysloate
11-29-2013, 05:57 PM
I just saw this Max. Best of luck with it. I will try to contact a couple of people, but as you said shipping from Canada will be a killer. Maybe try moving it down to Seattle and ship from there.

quinnsryche
11-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Good luck with your quest. Books are a BITCH to sell these days. I practically have to give them away when I get them. I would definitely try to make nice with someone in the US. The postage will absolutely kill any chance of sales outside Canada.

baseballart
11-29-2013, 08:47 PM
I just saw this Max. Best of luck with it. I will try to contact a couple of people, but as you said shipping from Canada will be a killer. Maybe try moving it down to Seattle and ship from there.

Barry

The US border is only 30 minutes from downtown, so it is easy to get them to USPS . I just have ind an auction house/collector/seller to take them

And thanks to all for the Pms and emails. I hope to have photos up within a week or so.

I'll still be keeping most of the key prewwII titles but i figure someone else deserves to pay a pretty penny to buy and actuall read my Messner collection :) ( reading them being the ordeal)