PDA

View Full Version : 1887 Old Judge N172 PSA 6 Harry Wright

Donscards
11-26-2013, 06:37 AM
I have a friend who has the PSA 6 Old Judge Harry Wright----SMR is $6750---I couldnt find any info on what this has sold for in the last few years---Would it go book or higher or lower---I am not sure on the varition---I assume the common version---any help here---I know there are some good old judge experts on here. thanks, Don

bn2cardz
11-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Grades on Old Judges aren't as significant as they are in other sets because a low contrasting high grade card may not bring as much as a high contrast low grade of the same card.

With that said a PSA 6 Wright with a nice image contrast could bring in more than that, but the best way to sell would be through a major auction house with a piece like that.

For research on past prices you can check out CardTarget.com (http://www.cardtarget.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi)

Donscards
11-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Grades on Old Judges aren't as significant as they are in other sets because a low contrasting high grade card may not bring as much as a high contrast low grade of the same card.

With that said a PSA 6 Wright with a nice image contrast could bring in more than that, but the best way to sell would be through a major auction house with a piece like that.

For research on past prices you can check out CardTarget.com (http://www.cardtarget.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi)

Andy thanks for the help Don

bcbgcbrcb
11-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Don:

Just so you know, Wright is typically one of the toughest OJ HOF'ers to find with very good contrast. The majority of them are very light, many with a pinkish tint to them.

Donscards
11-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Don:

Just so you know, Wright is typically one of the toughest OJ HOF'ers to find with very good contrast. The majority of them are very light, many with a pinkish tint to them.

Phil thanks for the info nice to hear from you again---hope to see you in Clevland next year. Don---I will have the Wright card most likely----I actually sold this card to my customer around 10 years ago, he had it graded--and now selling his collection through me