PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who this is??

T205 GB
11-25-2013, 08:38 PM
His name is Jonat.han We1l and is mark2market53 on eBay.

Message I recieved from him:

Hi, there. I received this card today. The bottom right side and corner of the holder were shattered when I received it and fell apart at the mere touch. I see now that you cropped the photo of this card so that the buyer (me) would not be able to see this obvious problem. In addition, you applied packaging tape to the back of the holder along with a chunk of cardboard for reasons that I can't figure out. So there is sticky goop all over the back. By all appearances, the integrity of the holder has not been compromised, so I'm not inclined (at least for now) to suspect that the holder was tampered with. However, I will need to get this card re-holdered by PSA, and that will cost me money. Barring some tangible, reasonable effort by you to compensate me for this cost and inconvenience, I will be leaving you negative feedback explaining such. Please advise.

Response:

I am really sorry that the case was damaged during shipping. I can assure you that the holder was fully intact, untampered, and undamaged when I sent it to you. The tape and cardboard was to make the package 3/4" thick for shipping rules. My PO here are sticklers for that BS and you can look that up also if you want about thicknesses. I will send you the original scans of the card before I cropped it for eBay that show the holder and card. The issue actually would be the PO damaged the case during transportation to you. I would like to see pics of the card and package. If the case was busted then the package would for sure be damaged. I have shipped and received thousands of cards over the yrs and never had a case damaged in the package that didn't show signs of package damage first. To remove any sticky goop you could use another piece of tape and stick it to it and rip it off till it is all removed or use goo gone or orange oil as they won't damage the cases either. Please send me pics of the case and package and I will be attaching them to this email also. Sorry for the issues and have a good night. I will be awaiting the pics.

Andrew

His Reply:

I don't own a scanner or digital camera, so it will be a pain for me to get you a picture. As for a package, you didn't send the card to me in a package. You sent it to me in a thin 7"x9" bubble mailer wrapped in clear tape. There is no visible damage to the bubble mailer aside from the thin strip I cut off the top with scissors in order to open it. If the damage happened during shipping, it happened through the bubble mailer. Please advise

Later got this

Here, I managed to get a scan made. Let me know if you can see it OK, then please advise what you plan to do. Regards, Jonathan Weil

Here are the scans of what I sent and what he showed me. I smell fish due to the break looking like a screw driver break and the right edge being frosted now. Looks a bit fishy to me but I am just wanting to see what you guys are thinking and if any of you know this guy.

T205 GB
11-25-2013, 08:39 PM
His scan

ullmandds
11-25-2013, 08:42 PM
doesn't look like the same card to me.

Rollingstone206
11-25-2013, 08:44 PM

wazoo
11-25-2013, 08:54 PM
No way that just happens from shipping.

Mikehealer
11-25-2013, 09:04 PM
I've had a couple of deals with him and from my experiences he is honest and easy to deal with. No problems at all.

MW1
11-25-2013, 09:27 PM
If there was "no visible damage to the bubble mailer" as the buyer states, it is difficult to understand how a piece of the PSA holder could have broken off...but who knows?

Did you insure the card when you sent it?

obcmac
11-25-2013, 09:48 PM
While the accusations are annoying...offer him the $5 reslab fee (or whatever and be done with it. I've received a number of broken slabs in the mail even on reasonable well packed cards. I don't think he's scamming you for a few dollars. But good luck!

djrhanover
11-26-2013, 04:20 AM
Though I'm certainly not defending the buyer here, I have to say that this actually happened to me a few years ago. I received a PSA slabbed card by way of USPS, and when I opened the package discovered that the slab was cracked totally in half with absolutely no damage to the mailer. The card could, incredibly, be slid out of both the top and bottom halves of the slab, and then be reinserted. And there was no damage to the card, which I could hardly believe. I emailed the seller and he told me to mail the package back to him, along with the card, and he would resubmit it, along with his usual monthly submissions to PSA. I received the newly entombed card back from him about a month later. Thanks to seller Dan McKee, I was a happy buyer and a return customer. And I never forgot this gesture by him to make things right.

bxb
11-26-2013, 05:31 AM
His story is plausible, and you can't prove otherwise.

Although there are several options, The path of least resistance for you is to send him the reholdering fee, or ask him to ship the card back to you for a full refund.

scooter729
11-26-2013, 06:58 AM
I'd just offer him $10 and be done with it. I've had a couple of decently-packed cards get cracked en route; it can happen, so just give him $10 back and move on - not worth the headaches of returns, negs, etc., for what potentially could be settled by a few bucks.

T205 GB
11-26-2013, 08:08 AM
I actually have asked for a cost several times. He knows about this thread and I am ok with that. There is so much fraud out there so yes I am going to ask you guys for advise. We all hear about it all the time. He can be upset if he wants but several very trusted guys say he's ok so I am willing to work with him as long as he can tell me the cost. Since PSA is never a CO for me to use I don't bother looking at what their prices are. So is it $10 for reholdering? I can't read minds or my GF would always be happy all the time.

T205 GB
11-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Well now this is posted also. You will get a reholdeing fee and that's it. The feedback I could care less about and for not having a scanner you managed to get them to me. Had you sent them right away instead of pulling teeth things may have been smoother. I mean really how many times do I have to ask what I can do before I get an answer. His awesome replies with mine:

Well, now that you have put my name, user ID and messages on the Internet, let's say $50 by Paypal today, to cover expense, time and trouble. Where I come from, the normal courtesy when the buyer has a legitimate beef in a sale of goods is for the seller to be given the opportunity to propose a reasonable sum to make amends and establish goodwill. But you insist that I provide an amount, so there it is.

Here's the photo of the bubble mailer you sent the card in, which establishes only that you sent me the card in a flimsy bubble mailer. I have covered my name, address, tracking number and anything else that might be used to identify me in case you get the brilliant idea of posting this photo on the Internet, too.

- mark2market53

To: mark2market53
Subject: Re: Other: mark2market53 sent a message about T206 Bill O'Hara Sovereign 350 PSA 5 #111152323958
Sent Date: Nov-26-13 07:02:55 PST

Dear mark2market53,

Not unbelievable if you ask me. I after some of the messages I received I did really think I have met you. I guess not. Either way with all the fraud in the hobby it is not beyond possibility that I would need affirmation from other trusted hobby guys as to who you are and if you are honest. So I got some great feedback from some very trusted hobby members through PM's and postings. If you say it is what it is then they are vogueing for you and your reputation which makes me a bit easier helping you out with this and not being scammed. Now the issue is all the email communication and still you have not said how much you need for the reholdering. Is it $5? $10? $50? What can I do to help you out? I have asked this several times. Help me help you or I can't help out. Thank you

- t205gbcollector

To: t205gbcollector
Subject: Re: Other: mark2market53 sent a message about T206 Bill O'Hara Sovereign 350 PSA 5 #111152323958
Sent Date: Nov-26-13 06:16:15 PST

Dear t205gbcollector,

I have no idea who you are, and I've never been to a National. But I see that you posted this.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=179338

Unbelievable.

- mark2market53

To: mark2market53
Sent Date: Nov-26-13 05:59:55 PST

Dear mark2market53,

You have asked me to take care of the reholdering several times but never have a price to me. I believe you know who I am and know that I am very honest and fair but if you can't provide me what you need then I can't take care of your issue. If you feel negative feedback is warranted for the PO damaging your card then so be it. I know who you are and believe we have met and spoken before at national. So give me the info I need so I can help you.

- t205gbcollector

To: t205gbcollector
Sent Date: Nov-26-13 02:59:41 PST

Dear t205gbcollector,

If you're going to be that way, fine. I already explained to you about the envelope. I'll post negative feedback with a full explanation. We're done.

- mark2market53

Tcards-Please
11-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Well, now that you have put my name, user ID and messages on the Internet, let's say $50 by Paypal today, to cover expense, time and trouble.
- mark2market53

I had the same issue with a buyer (I will provide user name to whoever wants it) who threatened negative feedback unless I gave him $15.00 to reholder a card. That now becomes feedback extortion and you could have any negative feedback removed. I had offered my buyer a complete refund (as long as he returned the card) as I wasn't going to give him any more money to have a case reholdered because of damage during shipment. In my situation, the buyer never intended to get it reholdered and actually immediately listed the card for sale on ebay. He was just looking to get a little more money from me. Not saying that is what your buyer is attempting to do and may legitimately want to have it reholdered.

You may want to contact ebay at: 866-540-3229 to discuss your options.
r/
Frank

slidekellyslide
11-26-2013, 09:37 AM
If all this communication was through ebay then you can easily have his negative removed. The buyer may have a legitimate beef about the item being damaged, but he is also using the threat of negative feedback to extort you.

ncinin
11-26-2013, 09:57 AM
When reimbursing someone to ship a card to PSA for a reholder keep in mind that PSA will charge $18 for return shipping plus what the buyer spends to ship the card out to PSA.

Runscott
11-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Sean1125
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Had this problem recently and box showed no signs of damage......Called PSA and total cost with shipping both ways should be roughly $28-30 depending on how you ship.