PDA

View Full Version : 1914 Kansas City Blues Ticket--HELP

plasorsa
11-24-2013, 10:11 AM
I picked up a page from a scrap book with a Kansas City American Association ticket (it is pink). Also on the page was a 1914 Kansas City Federal League ticket which I had professionally removed and now have.

I am looking for information on the KCAA ticket. The other two tickets in the scrap book are from orchestra and theatre shows from 1921, the federal league ticket is from 1914 and the other newspaper articles are from 1914 so I believe the years can be narrowed down. I am attaching a picture. Any help with year, value and scarcity would be appreciated. Trying to determine if I should have it professionally removed. Thanks

Scott Garner
11-24-2013, 12:06 PM
I picked up a page from a scrap book with a Kansas City American Association ticket (it is pink). Also on the page was a 1914 Kansas City Federal League ticket which I had professionally removed and now have.

I am looking for information on the KCAA ticket. The other two tickets in the scrap book are from orchestra and theatre shows from 1921, the federal league ticket is from 1914 and the other newspaper articles are from 1914 so I believe the years can be narrowed down. I am attaching a picture. Any help with year, value and scarcity would be appreciated. Trying to determine if I should have it professionally removed. Thanks

A larger scan of the tickets is essential to giving you any guidance on potential value. Could you please add a better scan or photo?
Thanks!

plasorsa
11-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Having trouble getting a larger picture to upload. Seems like the size requirements are small. I can email to you.

plasorsa
11-24-2013, 12:31 PM
KC.pdf

Runscott
11-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Re - size to around 75k. That seems to be about the largest size for uploads on this site. If you rely on the site to re - size for you, it can end up too small.

plasorsa
11-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Hope this pic works

thecatspajamas
11-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Hope this pic works

President's name at the bottom is George Tebeau. He was president at least as early as 1910, and apparently owned the team "for years" after that, though I haven't been able to find a definitively-stated range.

Scott Garner
11-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Depending on whether or not you can remove the KC Blues ticket from the scrapbook without damaging the back, it's max value might be perhaps $30-$40. Here is my reasoning:

It isn't actually dated, so for some ticket collectors that makes it tough.
For argument sake though, let's assume that the KC Blues ticket may also be from 1914.
In looking over the KC Blues roster for 1914, there are several players that played in the major leagues, but no one that jumps off the page as a HOF caliber player.

FYI, the KC Federal League ticket is the more valuable ticket. I would estimate its value to be somewhere in the $75- $125 range assuming that there is no paper loss to the back of the ticket.

In any case, you have yourself a cool pickup. Congrats!

I hope this is helpful...

plasorsa
11-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Very helpful thank you. Although the Federal League ticket is worth more than $125--KC Federal League tickets from 1914 are tough.

Runscott
11-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Dating the ticket based on the other items on the page might be tough. Given that there are only a few tickets, and only one from each event, could be that the owner didn't go to that many events. Perhaps he went to a baseball gave every year or so, and went to the KC Blues game sometime between 1914 and when the final items were added to the book, but put the ticket on the page with the 1914 Fed League one, because they were both baseball related. Or, of course, it could be somewhere between 1910-13.

Scott Garner
11-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Very helpful thank you. Although the Federal League ticket is worth more than $125--KC Federal League tickets from 1914 are tough.

Interesting...

I'm curious what value you believe the 1914 KC Fed ticket to have since they're scarce? I've always felt that ANY Federal League ticket is pretty tough, for what it's worth.

BTW, the value that I quoted is based on comps from other Federal League tickets that I've followed through the years, not just 1914 KC Fed tickets.

plasorsa
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
I agree it is hard to date the ticket. To the post that the federal league ticket is worth $125 top end, I will buy all that you have for $150 giving you a nice profit. Thanks, Pete

Runscott
11-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I agree it is hard to date the ticket. To the post that the federal league ticket is worth $125 top end, I will buy all that you have for $150 giving you a nice profit. Thanks, Pete

What are you paying for Fed tickets from other teams?

plasorsa
11-26-2013, 03:54 PM
I think the Federal league ticket is worth around $500. Try finding a 1914 KCFF ticket?

plasorsa
11-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Depends on the tickets. The Newark ones are plentiful. Which ones do you have…..I would like to purchase any you have especially the Whales,