PDA

View Full Version : Heritage lot 81788 - Lannin & Navin Correspondence??

Tom Hufford
11-13-2013, 02:49 PM
If anyone on this Forum won Lot 81788 in the Heritage Auction (group of letters written by Joseph Lannin, Frank Navin, George Wiltse, Patsy Donovan, etc.) and needs some help in paying, please contact me. There's a few in there I'd be interested in.

Thanks, Tom

Bpm0014
11-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Me too!

btcarfagno
11-14-2013, 05:26 AM
I came close on that one but missed out by a bump or two.

Tom C

daves_resale_shop
11-17-2013, 08:39 PM
It was noted that one of the Navin's was deemed secretarial... Anybody happen to know which one???

I have one that will soon be for sale & the only other exemplars that I have come across are one one qualityautographs & another full letter on the bay...

He seems like a toughy considering he died early, and should get some serious consideration from the veterans comittee in the future...

I have posted photos of the ha ones... curious as to which one is bad...

Thanks,
David

D. Broughman
11-18-2013, 06:39 AM
It was noted that one of the Navin's was deemed secretarial... Anybody happen to know which one???

I have one that will soon be for sale & the only other exemplars that I have come across are one one qualityautographs & another full letter on the bay...

He seems like a toughy considering he died early, and should get some serious consideration from the veterans comittee in the future...

Thanks,
David

In the early years Frank Did everything even ticket sales. Later his nephew Charles F. took care of secretarial duties.

HexsHeroes
11-18-2013, 08:29 AM

Thanks,
David

I do not care for either signature, based solely on the shape of the J. Most of the letters, album pages, and GPC(s) that I have encountered as "genuine" have a letter J that is far less oval in shape (more vertically oblong). Of the two, I would assume the bottom one was considered the secretarial, since it has a distinctly formed capital letter N. Same set of "genuine" examples referred to earlier all have middle letter capital J leading into hump of capital letter N (as your top most example does). But I far from being overly educated, nor pass myself as knowing anywhere as much as many other Net54 members. Just my two cents worth.