PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT - Fashion Advice

conor912
11-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah, you read right. I realize this is the last place I should be looking, but I figured I'd give it a shot given the article I'm looking for. Anyone know or seen a place that does cardigan sweaters in the 1910 ball player style? I've been asked by my wife to start compiling an Xmas list and thought it would be cool to get one if they're out there.

Leon
11-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah, you read right. I realize this is the last place I should be looking, but I figured I'd give it a shot given the article I'm looking for. Anyone know or seen a place that does cardigan sweaters in the 1910 ball player style? I've been asked by my wife to start compiling an Xmas list and thought it would be cool to get one if they're out there.

I believe Scott F (Runscott) (hey Scott) has looked into new, but vintage looking uniform stuff before. I am not sure if he looked into sweaters or not. Maybe he will chime in or you can PM him.....Good luck

Pythonfactory
11-09-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't see any on their website but you could ask Ebbets Field Flannels if they make them or if they know someone who does.

xcgrammer
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Mitchell and Ness made these a couple years ago not sure it they still do, not exactly what you are looking for but cool. You might be better off getting a really thick shawl collar cardigan and make it yourself with felt. That is what the sweater type you are looking for is called: shawl collar cardigan. Would be easy to find especially if you are looking for navy or grey or black. You could get the letters or logo print it out and cut the felt to work. Might be cool and look old and imperfect which Im sure the original old ones were as well.

Bugsy
11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
If you are only looking for a shawl cardigan, just check macys, nordstroms, etc. It is sweater season, so they aren't too tough to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Pima-Cotton-Shawl-Collar-Navy-Cardigan-Sweater-L-/221286194992?pt=US_CSA_MC_Sweaters&hash=item3385af5f30

M&N and Ebbets made repros. You can usually find them for $200 or so when they turn up online, but they are fairly scarce.