PDA

View Full Version : Triple Play Vintage?

vintagebaseballcardguy
11-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Anyone ever do business with them? If so, how'd it go? Thanks.

campyfan39
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
A lot.
Great cards and prices super slow shipping

KCRfan1
11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
I have a couple of times. No complaints.

darkhorse9
11-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Agree with the super slow shipping. Both them and Battersbox seem to take longer than most other major dealers.

That being said their prices are always among the best and their grading seems pretty easy to rely on.

bobbyw8469
11-05-2013, 08:07 AM
That being said their prices are always among the best and their grading seems pretty easy to rely on.

Until you buy a card that comes back trimmed from them.

jbl79
11-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Purchased from them a few times. No issues at all.

Jim65
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
super slow shipping

one thing I have no patience foe.

If someone can't ship a card in a few days, they shouldn't be selling online.

bradmar48
11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Nice cards for the price but expect 12 to 20 days for them to arrive.

Samsdaddy
11-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Agree with the super slow shipping. Both them and Battersbox seem to take longer than most other major dealers.

I love Battersbox and I usually receive my cards within three to four days after ordering from them.

darkhorse9
11-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love Battersbox too...but mail sure seems to run slower out of Houston than anywhere else in the country.

paulcarek
11-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Many positive transactions with both TPV and Battersbox.

campyfan39
11-05-2013, 03:47 PM
The OP has received numerous responses but has yet to tell us why he asked.

vintagebaseballcardguy
11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Everyone has different experiences with dealers. My experience with Battersbox was hit and miss. I got tired of receiving EX+ or better cards with wrinkles that were really vgex or with writing on the reverse. Service, however, was always great. They promptly issued refunds and packaged their items well. They shipped quickly. It just got to the point to where I couldn't stand one disappointing delivery after another.

The reason I started this thread about Triple Play was due to a relatively high # of negatives. However, they do a lot of business. They still have a positive feedback rating of 99.3%. Reading the negatives, it is a mixture of sloppy service and some nuts from the population. Some of the negatives indicate they are hard to get refunds from. However, someone in this thread said that wasn't the case. Someone else in this thread mentioned trimmed cards being sold by them. I have worried about that. Their prices are usually so low, I wonder if there's a reason? I have bought a few cards from them. They have been ok. They are the slowest shippers I have ever heard of. Consistently, however, they seem to have reasonable prices. They have a couple of bigger ticket items I am considering. I just wanted the opinions from the members of this board first.

Scott6043
11-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Hello -

Newbie here, but I have been doing business with TPV (Terry) for several years. He actually sets up here at a show in Columbus, Ohio, although I have bought thru ebay with him. I personally have never had any issues with him, other than the slow shipping. He said he has been trying to work on that and has hired someone to help him. I know he buys a lot of big collections so I do not know if that has anything to do with trimmed cards.

I will actually be seeing him this weekend at the show - he offers pretty good prices at the show as well.

Hope this helps

Scott

Samsdaddy
11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Hello -

Newbie here, but I have been doing business with TPV (Terry) for several years. He actually sets up here at a show in Columbus, Ohio, although I have bought thru ebay with him. I personally have never had any issues with him, other than the slow shipping. He said he has been trying to work on that and has hired someone to help him. I know he buys a lot of big collections so I do not know if that has anything to do with trimmed cards.

I will actually be seeing him this weekend at the show - he offers pretty good prices at the show as well.

Hope this helps

Scott

Good to know Scott.

I have wanted to purchase some cards from TPV but have been hesitant due to the high number of negatives.

hawaiian bam bam
08-25-2015, 08:55 PM
In my opinion he overgrades his cards. Way too many negative feedbacks by different buyers for the same reasons. Too many cards he says are nrmt were actually not even close to nrmt as he stated. To me integrity is everything for a seller.if people pay for nrmt cards they should get nrmt cards. Horrible communication.

arexcrooke
08-31-2015, 07:41 PM
do either one of these sellers have an online presence outside of ebay?

egri
09-01-2015, 02:08 PM
do either one of these sellers have an online presence outside of ebay?

Battersbox has their own site, don't know about TPV.