PDA

View Full Version : 69 Transogram

savedfrommyspokes
11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Recently I was going through a "buried" box of my cards from the attic and inside it were several 69 Transogram cards. In looking at the other cards contained in the set, I noticed that many of the images used on these 69 Transogram cards were the same images used on Topps cards. Some of the duplicate images from the 68 Topps issue and the 69 Transograms were Marichal, Reichardt, Odom, May, Cater, Gibson, Monday, Seaver, Perez, Brock and Harrelson(as pictured). From 69 Topps, the Reggie Jackson image appears to match the Transogram card's image.

Did Transogram have some sort of agreement with Topps to use the images or were the images purchased from the same (freelance) source that Topps obtained the images from?

David W
11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Interesting. It is clear the 68 AS is the same as 69 Tranosgram.

4reals
01-15-2014, 11:42 PM
interesting topic here...just a quick bump on this thread to see if anyone has additional info to add or more pics of the commonalities to share.

toppcat
01-16-2014, 04:41 AM
Yes, Topps produced the Transogram cards. They would often do this for other companies (Ed-U-Cards, Hostess) over the years. A buck is a buck as they say!

savedfrommyspokes
01-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Yes, Topps produced the Transogram cards. They would often do this for other companies (Ed-U-Cards, Hostess) over the years. A buck is a buck as they say!
Thank you Dave!

KCRfan1
01-16-2014, 03:35 PM
The cards are nice, and I like the figures too. I recently picked up a Pete Rose figure ( completely intact ), and a couple of others from a local card shop. Not exactly what I went in for, but the price was too good to pass up.