PDA

View Full Version : Would you call this trimmed or hand cut?

obcmac
11-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Bought it as trimmed...but looked like it might be hand cut to me. Not sure if there is a difference there, but I welcome any opinions on it.

Mac

ullmandds
11-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Its trimmed.

markf31
11-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Trimmed refers to a card that was factory cut, but later trimmed to improve the cards appearance. Trimming significantly lowers the value of a card.

Hand cut refers to a card (mostly strip cards) that were designed and meant to be hand cut by the collector/buyer.

There is a huge difference between the two terms and they should not be used interchangeably.

obcmac
11-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Yes, that's why I was asking. A few t206's have been hand cut from sheets, and some are simply factory cut and then later trimmed. The odd rough cut on the crawford, the full+ size, and the severely off center back made me wonder about this particular card being hand cut from a sheet rather than simply trimmed.

Leon
11-02-2013, 09:19 PM
I would go with "trimmed" also.

ullmandds
11-02-2013, 10:49 PM
i think mark meant to say they should NOT be used interchangeably!

mrvster
11-03-2013, 05:42 AM
Mac ! hey my friend how you been?????????????????:)

Larry h asked me about this before it ended.......he was thinking scrap...

I looked it over for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg time and concluded factory cut......looks like the machine and alignment were off, and it got a "rough" cut, almost like dull scissors cutting paper analogously.....

the left border was the hump I was tring to get over, looks like that was later trimmed...if this card had registration or color issues, ghosting or another variable, id go scrap, but the way it is, no...anyway , a kewl little freak....back m/c should give it a tiny premium(too bad not the other back was showing a little tufer t /b miscut would've been sweet..this one was a tough one for me to decipher, but fact cut was my conclusion, unfortunately i'm sorry my good friend...but I could be wrong;)

t206blogcom
11-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Trimmed.

obcmac
11-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks Johnny...and everyone. Pretty much my thought on it too. Not quite scrap, but interesting...and a great looking cheap hof-er.

Mac

Mac ! hey my friend how you been?????????????????:)

Larry h asked me about this before it ended.......he was thinking scrap...

I looked it over for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg time and concluded factory cut......looks like the machine and alignment were off, and it got a "rough" cut, almost like dull scissors cutting paper analogously.....

the left border was the hump I was tring to get over, looks like that was later trimmed...if this card had registration or color issues, ghosting or another variable, id go scrap, but the way it is, no...anyway , a kewl little freak....back m/c should give it a tiny premium(too bad not the other back was showing a little tufer t /b miscut would've been sweet..this one was a tough one for me to decipher, but fact cut was my conclusion, unfortunately i'm sorry my good friend...but I could be wrong;)

mrvster
11-03-2013, 11:44 AM
:)

show that Marquard scrap you have;)

kmac32
11-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Trimmed

obcmac
11-03-2013, 06:55 PM
At the request of Johnny (thanks for asking ;-)

mrvster
11-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I love that "tan" marquard....is it still on lay away???:D;)

lharri3600
11-03-2013, 08:15 PM
no lol:p