PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another ebay Sc_mbag Scammer

JollyElm
11-01-2013, 04:24 PM
120111 120112

(I don't know why I can't get these things to appear the same size.)

a) The card on the left is what was featured in this a_shole's auction. Nearly perfect corners all around except for a touch on the lower right. Beautifully pristine white borders. Not a thing wrong with it.

b) The card on the right is a scan of the actual card I received. (In photoshop, all I did was hit 'auto contrast.' No tinkering whatsoever.) First, look at the top two corners!! Rounded, worn, bumped, choose your own description. Now look at all the wear along the sides of the card in the 'pristine' white areas. What a f_cking scammer!!!!!!!!!

And for any of you apologists who want to once again defend ebay scammers, saying they did nothing wrong (people who make me puke, BTW), just check out the area highlighted in red. This is only one small thing that I noticed immediately. It is a small gouge in the actual card with cardboard missing. So tell me, how come in his scan that portion of the card--and its colors--are intact and there's no sign whatsoever of this divot?? I guess he must have bought the new Canon WeMakeEverythingPSAReady scanner???

Let me take a wild guess. When I contact this d_uchebag, his reply is going to be, "We did absolutely nothing to the scan of this card." No accountability, because ebay refuses to clean up its f_cking act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samsdaddy
11-01-2013, 04:44 PM
120111 120112

(I don't know why I can't get these things to appear the same size.)

a) The card on the left is what was featured in this a_shole's auction. Nearly perfect corners all around except for a touch on the lower right. Beautifully pristine white borders. Not a thing wrong with it.

b) The card on the right is a scan of the actual card I received. (In photoshop, all I did was hit 'auto contrast.' No tinkering whatsoever.) First, look at the top two corners!! Rounded, worn, bumped, choose your own description. Now look at all the wear along the sides of the card in the 'pristine' white areas. What a f_cking scammer!!!!!!!!!

And for any of you apologists who want to once again defend ebay scammers, saying they did nothing wrong (people who make me puke, BTW), just check out the area highlighted in red. This is only one small thing that I noticed immediately. It is a small gouge in the actual card with cardboard missing. So tell me, how come in his scan that portion of the card--and its colors--are intact and there's no sign whatsoever of this divot?? I guess he must have bought the new Canon WeMakeEverythingPSAReady scanner???

Let me take a wild guess. When I contact this d_uchebag, his reply is going to be, "We did absolutely nothing to the scan of this card." No accountability, because ebay refuses to clean up its f_cking act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the precise reason I only buy cards from two different sellers on eBay and NO ONE ELSE.

I am sorry, this would tick me off to no end as well.

vintagetoppsguy
11-01-2013, 04:46 PM
And for any of you apologists who want to once again defend ebay scammers, saying they did nothing wrong (people who make me puke, BTW)...

That's not a fair statement. In your previous thread, it was proven that the two cards were indeed the same, so nobody was defending a scammer.
Here's the thread...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174184

That said, I agree that these two are definitely different and you did not get what you paid for. I would be upset too. However, you can file a SNAD with eBay and get your money back. Good luck.

KCRfan1
11-01-2013, 06:09 PM
That would piss me off too, and you have every right to be angry about this. When sellers post their images, they know what the card looks like when it shows on a listing. Deceptive and unethical practices :(

Miniduff
11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm actually leaning heavily toward same card, mad brightness/ contrast in the scan. Beyond deceptive and I would snad it in a second.

JollyElm
11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm actually leaning heavily toward same card, mad brightness/ contrast in the scan. Beyond deceptive and I would snad it in a second.

I guess I should have been more specific. You're right, it is definitely the same card as that was the point of this thread. He photoshopped the hell out of it to make it appear like it was in beautiful condition. None of the differences in the two scans are natural occurrences. Round corners don't suddenly become square and worn borders don't suddenly turn white unless you are working the brightness/contrast controls to the hilt. This guy is an abject sc_mbag!!!

horzverti
11-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Darren, this 69 Clemente is indeed the same card. Took me a bit to see, but you are correct...with this one. I did not know that Photoshop could do so much. What are you going to do?

JollyElm
11-02-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm immediately filing a claim through ebay. Hopefully I can attach the scans to show them how ridiculous this seller is. In the past when egregious things like this have happened, I've always won the claim, but ebay allows them to keep on selling as if they never tried to scam someone. It's pathetic, because it's so obvious the seller's intent was to deceive bidders.

KCRfan1
11-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Who is / was the seller. I imagine we would all want to avoid them.

JollyElm
11-19-2013, 05:21 AM
Just an update. After escalating the claim on ebay, they immediately decided in my favor and I received a full refund. The close-up photos I provided sealed the deal.

This d_uchebag claimed to ebay that he did nothing to the scans and it was me who photoshopped the pictures to ruin his 100% seller rating. What a frickin' crook living in his own little fantasy world. He thought he'd blatantly try to rip me off and I'd just sit back and take it??? He picked the wrong person.

He also filed complaints against me citing he didn't like the language in my messages to him telling him "To f_cking return my money, you scammer!!!" I told ebay, "What does a crook expect me to say? Dear lovely seller, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to consider refunding the money you stole from me"????

I have no patience whatsoever for d_uchebags, crooks and dicks. May they all burn in eternity.

jhs5120
11-19-2013, 12:09 PM
You really need to take a few deep breaths and stop purchasing raw cards off ebay.