PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with all these wright & ditson, an spalding docs hitting the market?

daves_resale_shop
11-01-2013, 05:48 AM
So I have purchased an item or two from a particular ebay seller in western mass. I could have sworn that I saw a posting (but I can't seem to locate it ) stating that the sellers supply had ended... Needless to say it hasnt... He has recently posted several George wright voting sheets, which to be candid I have an interest in as the recent increase in supply has put his auto in my price range

Before I buy one, was hoping to get some assistance:
1-does anyone know of a particular auction or sale where these items were sold in large quantity?

2-does anyone have an idea as to how many of these ledgers would have been produced?

3-lastly: I've looked at several of the wright signatures on the multi signed docs and they seem pretty choppy and deliberate. I would think that this would make the signature a relatively easy target for forgers. Is this correct? If so has anyone run into examples?

As always, I appreciate your time and feedback
-dave

Ps- please pardon any typos or grammatical errors. My iPhone has a mind of its own

GrayGhost
11-01-2013, 05:56 AM
So I have purchased an item or two from a particular ebay seller in western mass. I could have sworn that I saw a posting (but I can't seem to locate it ) stating that the sellers supply had ended... Needless to say it hasnt... He has recently posted several George wright voting sheets, which to be candid I have an interest in as the recent increase in supply has put his auto in my price range

Before I buy one, was hoping to get some assistance:
1-does anyone know of a particular auction or sale where these items were sold in large quantity?

2-does anyone have an idea as to how many of these ledgers would have been produced?

3-lastly: I've looked at several of the wright signatures on the multi signed docs and they seem pretty choppy and deliberate. I would think that this would make the signature a relatively easy target for forgers. Is this correct? If so has anyone run into examples?

As always, I appreciate your time and feedback

Ps- please pardon any typos or grammatical errors. My iPhone has a mind of its own

I can't help ya sir, but do agree it seems fishy, and I have seen the signatures. Id be Very careful
-dave

mighty bombjack
11-01-2013, 06:14 AM
That seller has stated in several auctions that the Wright signature for sale is their last one. And then they post another. And another. And...

yanks12025
11-01-2013, 06:54 AM
I think someone posted the link that showed the whole book.

daves_resale_shop
11-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys,

I can't say I feel totally comfortable with the sig posted... I requested to pick the item up if I purchased it & he gave me multiple reasons why he couldn't... This makes me a little more uneasy. I think I am just going to back off...

GrayGhost
11-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks guys,

I can't say I feel totally comfortable with the sig posted... I requested to pick the item up if I purchased it & he gave me multiple reasons why he couldn't... This makes me a little more uneasy. I think I am just going to back off...

I think u r smart

mighty bombjack
11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Were you thinking of the one ending earlier today? Seems it was removed...

daves_resale_shop
11-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Yes I was.

mighty bombjack
11-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes I was.

The auction now says it was removed due to an error in the listing. Interesting.

Runscott
11-02-2013, 10:50 AM
David, there's a thread where we discuss it (I'll let you do the search), but in summary, someone obtained a ledger with quite a few pages signed by Wright, etc., and has been selling them one or two at a time, using various auction houses and ebay.

daves_resale_shop
11-02-2013, 05:37 PM
David, there's a thread where we discuss it (I'll let you do the search), but in summary, someone obtained a ledger with quite a few pages signed by Wright, etc., and has been selling them one or two at a time, using various auction houses and ebay.

Thank you Scott, I will do some additional research & dig up the post.