PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone! New member here

Sophiedog
10-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Hello Everyone....My name is Charlie and I was a member of the old Full Count Board and a long time reader of NET54...I was one of the few that collected Printers' scrap T206 in the late 1990's (hello Johnnie V and Scott Forrest) To me there's just a mystique to those cards like no others; Hopefully I can add to those posts on here and make some new friends...
Thanks to Leon and all of you for having me...

joeadcock
10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Hello

Good to meet you.

(Can we see your scraps?)

Sophiedog
10-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi Joe: Thank You for the welcome: I'll post a few cards in a little while
thanks again
Charlie

the 'stache
10-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the forum, Charlie! I'll look forward to seeing your cards.

Sophiedog
10-31-2013, 07:21 PM

brob28
10-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Beautiful card Charlie, welcome to the board!

g_vezina_c55
10-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Welcome

mrvster
10-31-2013, 07:56 PM
You made it my friend! welcome aboard my Weimer brother...

You are long missed my friend:)

Excited to see you back!

YES!

npa589
10-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Any friend of Johnny's is going to have many friends on here. Welcome!

mrvster
10-31-2013, 08:14 PM
you are an icon already:) Nate, we need more sellers like you my friend, and collectors for that fact...
btw....never got a chance to thank you for the Moran:)

This ones for Chaz......he has great taste in T206 and will be a great addition to this forum;)

the 'stache
10-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Mrvester, that's one of the coolest looking T206s I've ever seen. That ghost image is crystal clear.

ethicsprof
10-31-2013, 08:25 PM
welcome aboard!!
great Weimer! You, too, Johnny!
all the best,
barry

mrvster
10-31-2013, 08:37 PM
thank you my friend......one of my favorite cards besides bender ghost....these were cylinder impressions I believe as Tim C has stated ....

just super , super rare and cool......maybe 12 known to exist that are this clear.....2 weimers, 2 chances, 1 becker, 1 starr, 1 gilbert and a few more that my mind is eluding me.....these T206 freaks are too addictive:o

the 'stache
10-31-2013, 10:19 PM
How exactly are these ghost images created? I'm looking on archived threads, but haven't chased down an explanation just yet.

I could understand sheets of just printed cards being stacked on top of one another, but you'd see more than the one color on the "ghost", would you not? Here it's clear the image itself represents color from just one of the inking plates.

DeafSports
11-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the world best Cards Fraternity ever :)

Nice Ghost, amazing how it ended up back on the card being clear.

Got anything odd on T206 Taylor? I would love something like that with Dummy Taylor appeared :)

Best,
Danny

mrvster
11-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Great question!!! there are a few different types of "ghosts" on T206....

the most common are the wet sheet transfers( they are at best blurry images to semi clear images imposed on t206 during the printing process....they can be found on the fronts and backs of the cards, they are the reverse images usually of the player or of the back, and caused by the printer stacking the sheets together before the inks were fully dried).....they are usually factory cut, and are most likely caused at the factory.....some claim they are caused years later from being stacked on top of each other for a long time and in the right conditions such as fire, or heat, or humidity...there are some that are cause by environmental factors, but most were cased at the factory.........I can post scans later , cause I 'm late for work:D......they come with a premium, but not huge.....maybe2x to 4 x what the card would be worth....

Then they are the Printer's scrap s that are scrap sheets , hand cut, and were actually printed on by the printer.....they are sometimes slabbed as "overprints" by tpgers.... I will post examples later......these are images were as a Die or plate was actually struck to create the image, and are very unique and clear..........SUPER SUPER RARE....each one just a little different from the next....some have twins and triplets, but not more than that, and even then each is a little different..."snowflakes" as I have termed them.....

extremely valuable and cool pieces of scrap cardboard that ironically were tossed in the garbage most, over 100 years ago......MULTI K cards...these are the future of T206 collecting imho...they are actually (most) uniquely created cards , "one of a kinds if you will"....a whole new breed of "freaky" T206 that are gaining a cult following and I think I may be one of the ring leaders....:o lol

I will explain more and post more later.....but if your lucky enough to own one of these rarities, you'll know what i'm talking about....

there are approx. 75 wagners(don't get me wrong, my dream card).....and 1 BENDER ghost like I own, which ive been slammed with offers for years, PRICELESS.....:)

oldcardboard
11-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Hello Everyone....My name is Charlie and I was a member of the old Full Count Board and a long time reader of NET54...I was one of the few that collected Printers' scrap T206 in the late 1990's (hello Johnnie V and Scott Forrest) To me there's just a mystique to those cards like no others; Hopefully I can add to those posts on here and make some new friends...
Thanks to Leon and all of you for having me...

Welcome! I started collecting scrap/oddities back in my HS days[late 80's]. Still get that "kid" like feel, whenever I come across something I like. Best of luck to you in your search.

jbbama
11-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Greetings!

Sophiedog
11-01-2013, 10:46 AM
THANK YOU EVERYONE for the Welcoming!!!!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!
Charlie

Sophiedog
11-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Johnny V....Thanks Very Much My Friend!!! Your Enthusiasm Is So Cool It Always Puts A Smile on my Face!!!!!!!!
LOVE THE WEIMER!!!!!!!!!!!

mrvster
11-01-2013, 07:16 PM
We needed you on this board a longgggggggggg time ago my friend;)

the 'stache
11-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Great explanation, mrvster, thank you. I think examples with each will help me clear it up in my head.

Of the types listed, I'm assuming the Weimer ghost is a wet sheet transfer? It looks to be a normally cut card where the image just pressed to the back of another card. I could be wrong. Regardless, it's beautiful in a haunting way.

mrvster
11-03-2013, 05:29 AM
thanks for the kind words! check out Jamie's thread "show us your ghosts Halloween"....steve posted the "gilbert"......in regards to the clear impressioned black inked outlined card such as weimer, gilbert, chance there must have been a sheet that was factory cut, except,( tim c can explain more), with a cylindrical print that reversed printed these and was fact cut, and 1 sheet escaped or 2.....there are only 12 or so examples out there.....on rarity of brown old mill and, imho, just as cool:);).....

wst and overprints or "impressions" are different in that wst were simply wet ink that was stacked from another card(blurry, not clear).....

where as "cylindrical impressions" and "overprints" were caused by the striking of the actual printing plate to the cardboard, or , as in the case with the cylindrical ones, were caused by the "rollers" if you will, not being thoroughly cleaned, applying ink to the cardboard thru machinery...

big difference in price and rarity...

Weimer.....8-10 k card....

wst- a few hundred

:)

steve b, tim c, jim , chris b can chime in with more:)