PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions

Excelsior
10-29-2013, 06:37 PM
I have a signed photograph that I'm considering selling if it has any value. All I know about it is that my Great Grandmother received it from someone while living in FL.

I've done some quick searching online and think that the signatures have been identified correctly but have no idea about the authenticity at this point.

1940 Brooklyn Dodgers Belleview Biltmore

Front
PeeWee Reese
Charlie Gilbert
Hugh Casey
Van Mungo
Newt Kimball
Vito Tamulis

Back
Bert Haas
Bozey Berger
Joe Vosmik

Reese is the only player whose name I recognized. While looking at other images of his signature online I have yet to see where he signed Pee Wee in quotes like it is here.

So is this worth anything? and is this really signed by Reese?

Thanks for your thoughts

http://i42.tinypic.com/67kq47.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/29wlic5.jpg

shelly
10-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Look at the two guys in front left and you will see two signitures together. The signiture above is pee wee in quotes.:D I cant spell but I can see.

almostdone
10-30-2013, 06:12 AM
I have an early Reese where he put the Pee Wee in quotes. I always figured it was something he did early in his career being he wasn't an established star yet and neither was his nickname. Besides, sounds better than "Harold" Reese.:)
Drew

Hankphenom
10-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Looks like the service was good!

johnmh71
10-30-2013, 05:08 PM
I know Casey is a tough one, and I believe Vosmik is too. Not sure of the overall value though.

Excelsior
10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
I have an early Reese where he put the Pee Wee in quotes. I always figured it was something he did early in his career being he wasn't an established star yet and neither was his nickname. Besides, sounds better than "Harold" Reese.:)
Drew

Thanks! that's exactly what I was wondering

shelly
10-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Just to make you really happy.

btcarfagno
10-30-2013, 09:48 PM
I would value it somewhere around $350 give or take a bit mostly because of the Casey. I am a sucker for that 40's nightclub look, but the fact that it is not a baseball image may hurt the value slightly. Personally I think it is a wonderful item.

Tom C