PDA

View Full Version : Pennant collectors I need your help

geor952
10-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey fellas,
I am not much of a memorabilia collector and have been asked by a coworker if this is a nice pennant for her husband's Christmas. She has a chance to buy it for $225. I am having trouble finding info on it so I thought I would see if you guys could help. Thanks in advanced for your consideration to help me out.

perezfan
10-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Not sure if this fits his collecting interest, but it is a very rare/desirable All Star Game pennant. Strictly in terms of value, it is easily worth the price you stated (and perhaps double that amount). That is, assuming the tip is ok, and there are no other significant detractors (like rips/tears/moth holes/alteration). Typical surface wear and tack holes are to be expected.

It would be nice to see an image of the complete pennant. The photo you provided does not allow for a full critique. Hope this helps...

Rob D.
10-29-2013, 10:51 AM
+1 to what Mark said. That's a great pennant.

Duluth Eskimo
10-29-2013, 05:35 PM
That is a rare pennant and one that I have not seen before. I would echo previous statements from perezfan. Most of the value of a pennant has to do with condition. From this time period, the pennant should measure close to 29 inches long and come to a point on the tip. There should be no holes, rips, or heavy staining on the pennant. If the pennant is indeed in nice shape, just about any pennant collector would be very happy to add that to their collection. Hope this helps, Jason

lefty147
10-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Great looking pennant. Mike

geor952
10-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks a lot guys! She is thrilled to be getting it and is buying it this week. I will let you know the final price her and the dealer decide upon.