PDA

View Full Version : Help with info on bat I found.

bnorth
10-28-2013, 02:43 PM
My Dad got this at an auction last summer. I just seen it laying in his garage and asked about it. He is not a collector in any way. It was just in a pile of junk he bought.

I did a google search and found little to nothing about it. Any info about it would be appreciated.

It is 33 inches long and weights 36 ounces. Says Marathon 4376 and Professional on the bat.

The initials are on the bat knob.

gashouse34
10-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Cool Bat. I've always liked the Marathon brand logo as they made some nice baseball gloves too. Think this is most likely just a store model bat but will let the experts chime in on value. Makes for a cool display piece.

bnorth
10-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Cool Bat. I've always liked the Marathon brand logo as they made some nice baseball gloves too. Think this is most likely just a store model bat but will let the experts chime in on value. Makes for a cool display piece.

I thought it looked cool also. That is why I grabbed it before he used it as a pry bar or to beat out a dent in something.

By auction I do not mean a memorabilia auction. I mean an auction where an old couple died or moved off the farm and sold all there stuff.

bnorth
10-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Double post

slidekellyslide
10-29-2013, 11:33 AM
The Marathon Brand was sold by Montgomery Ward.

Runscott
10-29-2013, 11:46 AM
The Marathon Brand was sold by Montgomery Ward.

That's interesting. J.C. Penney used the Marathon brand for their hats back in the '40s and '50s.

slidekellyslide
10-29-2013, 12:04 PM
That's interesting. J.C. Penney used the Marathon brand for their hats back in the '40s and '50s.

Perhaps Montgomery Ward dropped them about that time and JC Penney picked them up?