PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having issues with SGC and delays in grading?

pencil1974
10-23-2013, 04:56 PM
They are past due on a few submissions of mine and was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with them.

t206hound
10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
I handed a submission on Sunday of the chantilly show. Grades were prelim three days later. Cards shipped on day 7 of the 10 day special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

pencil1974
10-23-2013, 05:13 PM
No I can't say I've been so lucky, OK well I was just wondering. They said they had to up charge me for one order I sent in and then my next day order I sent is a few days late.

Stonepony
10-23-2013, 05:55 PM
I had some oversized items take 5 calender weeks, I just received a couple weeks ago. I was a little concerned and called them. Usually I'm very satisfied with their turnaround

pencil1974
10-23-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm usually happy as well but they have mislabeled a few items of mine recently and now taking a few extra days on service. Which I don't mind if they let me know but I've heard nothing except a phone message that they were going to up charge me on a few cards that I had sent in on a different order.

HercDriver
10-23-2013, 06:38 PM
I just sent them 10 cards, which they turned in 3 days after arrival. That's the fastest I've ever seen from them.

Geno

pencil1974
10-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Well glad to hear no one else is having any real issues just guess it's my luck this time around.

Roofman4
10-23-2013, 08:08 PM
I handed in my first submission with SGC at the Chantilly Show under the premise of the October $7.00 / 10 Business day turnaround special. Haven't seen them yet. No prelim grade online yet and then they call me saying I owe more $$$ and my cards are not due out until Nov 11!!! 20 Days? It was their guy who screwed up. Think I might be having buyers remorse on this whole TPG scheme...

On top of that, they failed a Cal Ripken Jr autograph that I know is real...because I'm the one who obtained it on a Topps card.

t206blogcom
10-23-2013, 08:20 PM
I dropped off one card at the Chantilly show and received it exactly 1 week later.

the 'stache
10-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Question for you guys on this, as I'm sending a few cards in to SGC myself. Have those of you that frequent SGC found that any one or two of the specials are more popular than the rest?

Do they always run the Crossover and Wild Card specials at the same time?

smtjoy
10-24-2013, 07:54 AM
From what I have seen the Wild card is the most popular. The crossover special I have not seen in a while and I dont remember it being run at the same time as the wildcard.

If your sub is running late I would call earl, he will usually let you know when it will be done. I have had two subs go more than a couple days late, on the first which was 2 weeks late they upgraded my shipping to overnight to make up for it. The second was over a month late and they shipped it for free.

pencil1974
10-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah they just got back to me and are giving me a $30 credit to make up for the delay which is nice. I've used them a lot over the past 6 months and usually they were early but the last few submissions things had seemed to fall apart a little bit. They are all nice guys when I ask or email so I can't complain about the customer service as that has always been pretty good.