PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk for the board

Leon
10-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Brian (hey Brian) did a Tapatalk upgrade last night on the board. Hopefully that fixed a few issues members were having. I personally would rather not use it but know some members like it. Just an fyi......

ullmandds
10-22-2013, 09:00 AM
I started getting solicited to get it on my phone...should I be afraid?

Leon
10-22-2013, 09:07 AM
I started getting solicited to get it on my phone...should I be afraid?

To me, it makes text a little bigger but I would rather see more of the aesthetics of sites. I think Tapatalk is making a push like so many other web apps to get more presence...and mobile is all the rage (except to me).

christopher.herman
10-22-2013, 09:24 AM
I keep trying the Tapatalk for Android hoping that I will get used to it and be comfortable with it but it never happens and I keep going back to the desktop version of Net54... even on my phone.

For my tastes, Tapatalk is too layed out like Twitter which is good for scrolling quickly through alot of information efficiently but not for in depth reading and comprehension which is the reason I'm here in the first place.

10-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Thank you Leon! I use Tapatalk on my iPhone/iPad almost as much as I use Firefox on my PC to access Net54.

jdeptula
10-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks Leon and Brian. I recently got used to it on my iPhone and find that I'm more on top of things that way.

akamomo
10-25-2013, 11:26 PM
I should introduce myself first. Glad to be here and meet everyone. It might be a bit before I can contribute meaningfully re cards... but on internet, I can dive in there a bit earlier:

It seems to me that unfortunately Tapatalk doesn't sync my read messages here with my desktop logins. I'm on a few other boards that have online apps and one nice feature is that when you pull out you phone to catch up, the read messages are all synced with whatever else you are doing online. It would be nice to have that functionality here - unless I'm missing something and indeed things are kept in sync for others...

In any case, what a great forum and please don't take this minor criticism the wrong way. I've learned so much in a short time by feverously reading archived posts and trying to follow along as well.

Thanks for having me and my respect for what seems to be a great community here. Have a good weekend all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

10-26-2013, 01:36 AM
Dylan,

Welcome! Tapatalk actually does sync your read messages. Tapatalk hasn't seemed to be working on Net54 in the last couple of days - it won't pull anything new in on my iPhone, and so of course it won't sync read messages. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon, this has happened from time to time.

jdeptula
10-26-2013, 06:03 AM
I was having the same problem and found that I needed to login again in order for it to work. Once I re-entered my password, everything worked fine.

Joe

akamomo
10-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks Daryl and Joe. In terms of logging in and out, for me that didn't seem to help but I have noticed there is some overall lag - for instance a private message notification took a day or so... so hopefully it'll smooth out. Thank you guys.

Big Ben
10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I just downloaded Tapatalk to my iPhone. I agree with Leon that the aesthetics are not as good, but after playing around with the app, I am starting to like it.