PDA

View Full Version : 1912 Boston Garters - Show'em :)

Bryan Long
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I was thumbing through some old books last night and found an old auction that had a few listed. I love these cards, but could never afford one. I know a few are owned by board members and would love to see how many actually exist in the collections of those that visit this board. And if you feel like you are in a giving mood and want to pass one my direction I would be happy to name a child after you in your honor. :D

Leon
10-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately this will be a short thread. I would imagine a few more members own them but posting them is another story....

10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Bryan, you could always separate the insert of Brucii's uncut Boston Garter trio from the Spring REA catalog, place it on your mantle, sit down in your favorite easy chair and squint.

Bryan Long
10-21-2013, 01:39 PM
You are probably right Leon. I know we have talked about them a lot at one point several years back. I think I remember someone back then posting a picture of a Matty they owned - but I may be way off. Since I was out of the game for quite some time and just recently got back into collecting I was just trying to remember the cards/sets that I truly loved looking at and wanted to collect. Kinda like the Voskamp Wagner and the Ramly Johnson - cards I have always but couldn't afford. :) Oh well, it was worth a shot anyway.

vintagecpa
10-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, these cards are well out of my zip code. I believe Bruce (America's toughest want list) had a Boston Garters Matty that he showed on a youtube video along with an entertaining story on how he acquired it. I will have to look for the video tonight. I'd be curious what a best guess estimate would be on the total population of the issue?

RGold
10-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I'll try to post a scan of my Mathewson when my girlfriend, Scarlett Johansson, gets home with my new scanner. :D:D:D

ullmandds
10-21-2013, 04:59 PM
I'd show my set...but it's in the safety deposit box.