PDA

View Full Version : W514 Joe Jackson Strip Card - Opinions Needed

bwild22
10-19-2013, 06:06 AM
I am looking for some opinions on this W514 Joe Jackson Strip Card that I have an opportunity to purchase. I am far from a strip card expert so would appreciate any input in regards to (1) authenticity and (2) value....I am sorry I do not have a scan of the back which would be helpful I am sure....but I would appreciate any info you fellas can give me

Leon
10-19-2013, 09:12 AM
If you want to know if it's real, it sure looks it from the scan. Even in that condition it's valuable. If I had to guess, and this is a total guess as no one can say for sure, I would value it at 100-200 dollars in that condition.

bwild22
10-19-2013, 09:19 AM
I bought it a moment ago. I gave more than the high est leon but figured its a real tough find in any condition

JamesGallo
10-19-2013, 09:20 AM
I agree it looks real but is very beat. Even so because you just cant really find any Jackson card cheap i think it may be more of a 300-500 card. I would buy it all day for 200.
It obviously would only get an authentic grade.

James G

Leon
10-19-2013, 09:25 AM
I bought it a moment ago. I gave more than the high est leon but figured its a real tough find in any condition

James (hi James) knows much more than I do about these, I would trust his estimate way more than mine. I am usually a bit conservative.

christopher.herman
10-19-2013, 10:10 AM
The card looks authentic. Nice pickup for a key card in the set. I'd get it slabbed to prevent any further damage and value it around $400 (as per James) and perhaps a little more to someone looking to do a Black Sox run or complete the set.

Christopher.

Zach Wheat
10-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I also agree that it looks legit. Nice pickup in any condition.

Z Wheat

bwild22
10-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys!

Great story about it - I bought this at a local auction today.... After buying it I had an old lady come up to me, just ecstatic saying she brought an antique jewelry box fully of jewelry that she bought years and years ago in for this auction - and the auction house upon sorting out the jewelry noticed these at the bottom of the box - she told them to "THROW THEM AWAY" and the auction house told me they nearly did but decided to just go ahead and toss them in the auction even if they bring a buck or two its better than nothing....so it definitely made her day and mine too :)

Sean1125
10-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Nice $400 Jackson you have!

christopher.herman
10-19-2013, 05:20 PM
...she told them to "THROW THEM AWAY" and the auction house told me they nearly did but decided to just go ahead and toss them in the auction....

Where is this auction house? I'd like to go dumpster diving there.

Texxxx
10-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Where is this auction house? I'd like to go dumpster diving there.

I would hate to think what has all ready been buried in the land fill.

EvilKing00
10-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Nice card and great story! Looks real to me :)

GehrigFan
10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
I am looking for some opinions on this W514 Joe Jackson Strip Card that I have an opportunity to purchase. I am far from a strip card expert so would appreciate any input in regards to (1) authenticity and (2) value....I am sorry I do not have a scan of the back which would be helpful I am sure....but I would appreciate any info you fellas can give me

Definitely real, and definitely worth a solid $300-$400 on the open market. I love the character of strip cards. I'd been looking for years for a low grade example like this and never came across one for less than that. Great find!