PDA

View Full Version : Memorabilia store in vegas

JoeyF1981
10-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Has anyone been to the store "field of dreams" in Caesar's palace? They specialize in autograph sports memorabilia. Went there not to long ago and couldnt believe how ridiculous there prices were. Some examples were a Russell Wilson signed jersey for $1200. Mickey mantle signed baseball that looked horrible for $2000. I asked the guy how they price there merchandise and his response was "we sell them for how much we pay for them". Ya right! Also found another similar store who have many high end autographs such as Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, etc. Asked the guy who authenticates their stuff and he stated Drew from pawn stars and everyones best friend Chris Morales. I cant even imagine how many people have bought into this crap and paid ridiculous prices for what are most likely fakes

Scott Garner
10-18-2013, 06:38 PM
I was there in June. What a sham!
It's really unbelievable to see all of the obvious forgeries...

1880nonsports
10-18-2013, 09:17 PM
a Field of Dreams store here in Florida. The autographed items appeard to me IMHO to be mostly - if not all - forgeries...............

Phil Arem
10-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Just visited sister store at the Venitian. Way over priced !

Exhibitman
10-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Walking through the various memorabilia places on the Strip I was appalled at how much fake crap there was. One of the movie memorabilia places had multiple Sean Connery-signed Bond posters for sale. He is a nearly impossible one to get; even before he retired he was an A-Hole to fans, so having multiple sharpie-signed modern prints of the posters was laughable. I also spotted numerous secretarial and other forged items.

shelly
10-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Any autographs you buy in Vegas stay in Vegas. :eek:

Rich Klein
10-22-2013, 02:08 PM
chain was owned by Tri-Star and there is almost no chance that Tri-Star would allow forgeries to be sold. Just my opinoin

Rich

MikeKam
10-22-2013, 04:40 PM
chain was owned by Tri-Star and there is almost no chance that Tri-Star would allow forgeries to be sold. Just my opinoin

Rich

It was/or still is a part of Mounted Memories I believe, not Tri-Star.

JoeyF1981
10-22-2013, 06:10 PM

Rich

There prices are ridiculous. Im not sure about their authenticity, but $2000 for a single signed mantle baseball that was partially faded??? Insane!

rjackson44
10-23-2013, 08:59 AM
one time I walked in to these places while in vegas,,,what a con job ,stay away:)

HOFAUTOS
10-23-2013, 09:55 AM

Rich

Like the other guy said, Mounted memories purchased Field of Dreams. The questionable autographs being sold at F.O.D. has been going on for many many years. I'm almost positive each store is individually owned, much like a franchise.