PDA

View Full Version : {T206 Society}

DerekMichael
10-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Hello fellow Net54 members. My Father Michael and I are happy to let all of you T206 fanatics out there know that our website is now live at T206society.com.

Auctions are set begin on Sunday, October 20, 2013, and will end on Sunday, November 3, 2013. Please be sure to read all terms and conditions so that you will have a proper understanding of how our auctions will work. If you have not yet registered, please do so, as this will be a requirement for bidding.

We would like to give a special thank you to the following:

Mr. Leon Luckey of Net54. He was very courteous and helpful in allowing us to become advertisers on his website.

The entire team at T206 Resource. Their contribution to the T206 set has increased both our understanding and appreciation for these little beauties in a very, very profound way.

Mr. Chris Levy of Sports Collectors Daily, who took time out of his work schedule and time away from his friends at the most recent Southern California Sports Show to chat with my Dad and I about our site, and write what we thought was a very kind article.

In closing, we hope that our fellow T206 fanatics will enjoy our webpage dedicated to this very beautiful set.

Enjoy The Hunt!

Derek

DerekMichael
10-16-2013, 02:14 PM
You may view a preview of our upcoming auction here:

http://t206society.com/product-category/auction/upcoming/

The auction is set to begin Sunday, October 20, 2013, and will end on Sunday, November 3, 2013. You must be registered to bid, so if you have not yet done so, please do. Registration is free and simple.

The auction will feature a small batch of low to medium grade cards, featuring a few of the somewhat exotic advertising reverses in the T206 set, including Hindu, Cycle, American Beauty, Tolstoi, El Principe De Gales, Sovereign, Polar Bear, and an Old Mill SL.

We wish you the best of luck!

Derek

dog*dirt
10-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Good luck and wish you the best with the new venture.

mrvster
10-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Congrats My Friends!!!

I will check out....

:)

wolf441
10-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Best of luck Derek,

I just registered, looking forward to seeing what you have in store!

Cardboard Junkie
10-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Well, good luck with that.:) Dave.

npa589
10-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Great seller here folks! I wish you all the best Derek, and will definitely be registering.

WillowGrove
10-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Derek! All the best to you and your dad man. You can really tell your passion and appreciation for the set in your site.

best of luck.

pete

teetwoohsix
10-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Nice!! Saved it in my bookmarks until I get more time to scope it out. Look forward to reading more-

Sincerely, Clayton

wonkaticket
10-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Good luck Derek, hope you guys do well.

DerekMichael
10-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Thank you so much for all of the well wishes. My Dad and I truly appreciate it.

Hopefully all of us T206 freaks can have an exciting journey together. Now, I will try not to let you guys down.

Thank You Very Much.

Derek

DerekMichael
10-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Good afternoon fellow Net54 members.

As I am sure many of you know, Mr. Luckey very much wants for our younger collectors to be well taken care of and to enjoy themselves in this hobby. As a personal thanks to Mr. Luckey for the courtesy which he has extended to my Father and I, we would like to start a new tradition exclusively for our members 25 years of age or younger.

We would like to offer this example of Josh Clark(e) to the first person (aged 25 or under) who can publicly and correctly answer a trivia question. The card has been scored as Authentic or Altered by SGC. We are confident the true collector will see a sharp card with a very rich image and a very presentable Polar Bear back.

Now, onto the question:

Mr. Joshua Baldwin Clarke here has a rather famous brother who was a baseball player as well, elected into the Hall of Fame in 1945. We would like to know the name of this man, as well as the year and the team that he won his only World Series title with, and the team that they had to beat to accomplish this.

Please answer as follows:

Player Name ... His Team ... The year he won the World Series ... The team they beat

Please remember, only members 25 years of age or younger are eligible to participate in this trivia. So, veteran collectors ... PLEASE, NO HINTS!!!

(Polar Bear Pack Not Inluded)

Best Of Luck!

Derek

t206whiteborders
10-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Excellent thread. I'm sure we have a lot of youngsters on this board who will have no problems answering this question.. Again, awesome thread..

CMIZ5290
10-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Great article, best of luck guys!

DerekMichael
10-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Due to the advice of someone who is far more qualified than I, we will be increasing the maximum age on our trivia questions to 25.

So, if you are 25 years of age or younger, you are eligible to win the card listed above if you publicly and correctly answer the above trivia question.

Thank you very much. We wish you the best of luck.

Derek

ajwagner421
10-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Trivia Answer:

Fred Clarke; Pittsburgh Pirates; 1909; Detroit Tigers

DerekMichael
10-19-2013, 02:51 PM
You Rock :cool::)

How old are you buddy?

Be sure to PM me your mailing address and Mr. Clarke will ship first thing Monday.

Thanks!

Derek

ajwagner421
10-19-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm 23. Been lurking here for a while. Reading and learning. Got hooked to T206 a few years ago and have a few in my collection. I'm a law student and have a wife and a 4 month old, so the budget doesn't allow for much purchasing right now. Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to have a little disposable income. But in the meantime I appreciate the free card! I'll send a PM with my address.

Thanks again!

DerekMichael
10-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Thank you for playing Austin!

Derek

DerekMichael
10-20-2013, 02:54 AM
I know you are all probably a bit tuckered out after the show that Rob Lifson just put on, including an epic Walter Johnson with a Broad Leaf 460 back, a Tris Speaker with a Drum back, a Ty Cobb with an Uzit back, a spectacular example of a Brown inked Lenox, as well as many other exciting T206 cards amongst REA's hoards of other treasures, but we would like to announce that our inaugural auction is now live (with all starting bids between $10-$25) for those of you who are still hungry to feed your monster:

http://t206society.com/product-category/auction/live-auction/

A couple of things that I would like to point out that I feel are key:

1.) You must be registered member in order to place a bid. Registration is free and simple. If you have not yet done so, you may do so by clicking here: http://t206society.com/wp-login.php?action=register

2.) We will use what is known as "secret maximum" or "honest auto bid". In other words, if you bid $100 on a card but the underbidder has only bid $80, you will not be required to pay the full $100, only a small increment over the $80 that the underbidder has declared as their maximum.

3.) Extended Bidding will work as follows: Any bid placed within the final 5 minutes of the original clock will extend the auction an additional 10 minutes. This will only effect that particular listing, and not any of the other listings. In order to be able to bid in extended bidding, you must have placed a bid prior to the final 5 minutes of the original clock.

4.) There will be a 5% Buyers Premium added to all winning bids.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us directly at info@t206society.com and we will be happy to assist you, as it is best not to "over-bump" and "over-crowd" these threads.

We wish you all the very best best of luck!

Many Thanks!

Derek

PS

I will post a few of the cards in our now live auction to tantalize your T206 taste buds, because hey ... SOMEBODY has to win them :D

frankb22
10-20-2013, 12:10 PM
In this auction, is the house eligible to bid on the items?

DerekMichael
10-20-2013, 01:04 PM
HELLLLLL NO MR. BETTI !!!!!!!

In my honest opinion, that is just whack, and should not be allowed at any auction house.

Anyone who bids on their own consignments would be banned as well.

110% unethical.

Great question, however. Thank You.

Derek

DerekMichael
10-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Hello friends. We would like to update you and let you know that our auction is under way and will be ending on Sunday, November 3, 2013. Please be sure to review our terms and conditions so that you will properly understand our bidding system. We are featuring a nice selection of low to mid grade exotic tobacco advertising reverses, including Brown Hindu, Cycle 460, American Beauty 460, and Sovereign 460, amongst several others.

We are accepting consignments for our next auction, which will begin on Sunday, November 10, 2013, and will end on Sunday November 24, 2013. We have accumulated a nice assortment of Chicago Cubs and New York Giants, so if you would like to add to the party, please feel free to contact us at: info@t206society.com. All consignments are welcome, and we are happy to serve you.

Thank you, and we wish you all the very best of luck in feeding your MONSTER!

Derek

DerekMichael
11-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Hello friends. We would like to announce that tonight (Sunday, 11/3) is the final night to bid. If you have not yet placed your initials bids, please do so, so that you may participate in the extended bidding session. The extended bidding period is scheduled to begin at 9:35 PM (EST). We recommend that you review our terms and conditions so that you will properly understand our bidding structure.

We are featuring a nice assortment of low to mid-tier examples of several of the exotic advertising reverses contained within the T206 set, including Brown Hindu, Cycle 460, American Beauty 460, Sovereign 460, Tolstoi and El Principe De Gales, amongst others. There are still many tremendous deals on the board, so do not let these beauties pass you by!

Thank you, and we wish you all the very best of luck in feeding your MONSTER!

ENJOY THE HUNT!

atx840
11-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Congrats, fun first auction Derek.

DerekMichael
12-21-2013, 01:44 PM
We are truly honored to offer our members the opportunity to own a very special piece of T206 history this Holiday season, courtesy of Mr. Bill Heitman. He has been kind enough to participate in a limited edition (25) book signing, which is now available in our shop (http://t206society.com/product-category/shop/). In addition, we do have T206 Society polo shirts still available, both of which make tremendous Holiday gifts!

Our Holiday Auction is now LIVE : http://t206society.com/product-category/auction/live-auction/

We are actively accepting consignments for another auction, so if you are interested, please send us a PM or contact us directly at: info@t206society.com. We are determined to give your cards the respect and presentation which they deserve, and we are honored to serve you.

My Very Best,

Derek