PDA

View Full Version : Paypal (payment unclaimed)

Pat R
10-07-2013, 06:35 PM
I just purchased a card on ebay and the seller had paypal as the payment
method but when I sent the payment it came back as unclaimed. after
checking my paypal it says recipient is unregistered.

What do I do next? (I did send the seller a message).

Thanks
Patrick

ramram
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I just purchased a card on ebay and the seller had paypal as the payment
method but when I sent the payment it came back as unclaimed. after
checking my paypal it says recipient is unregistered.

What do I do next? (I did send the seller a message).

Thanks
Patrick

....be VERY careful.

conor912
10-07-2013, 08:16 PM
i have had this happen before. in my experience it pretty much means the seller has their head up their ass. shoot the seller an email. if the payment is still unclaimed and/or the item has not shipped after 10 days (which is the minimum to request a refund), request your money back.

Rollingstone206
10-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Sean1125
10-07-2013, 08:35 PM
PULL THE PAYMENT BACK AND CANCEL THE TRANSACTION.

If you need further details or WHY I say what I say I will PM you. If not I would HIGHLY suggest you take my word for it.

thecatspajamas
10-07-2013, 08:38 PM
FYI I believe you can cancel an unclaimed payment while it is pending. I know I would do this until I verified the E-mail was correct with the seller and gotten a reasonable explanation.

That is correct, you can cancel an unclaimed payment. I have had it before where someone changes their e-mail and forgot that the old e-mail still showed for their contact: because they were no longer using the e-mail, they didn't see the notice that the payment had been sent to them. Usually not with sellers that are very active, or if they are new to eBay, they may not even realize that Paypal is a required payment option for every listing nowadays and is active by default.

I have also, on 1 occasion, bought something from someone who I am fairly sure died between when the auction started and when it ended. But let's hope that isn't the case.

PolarBear
10-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Cancel the unclaimed payment and contact the seller. It's probably not a big deal. He probably changed his email address and forgot to link it to his ebay account.

Pat R
10-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

Sean, I sent the seller two messages and he got right back to me on both of
them he said that he is registered with paypal and ebay sent him a message saying that I initiated a transaction.

He had 33 sales in the last 5 months with 100% feedback and its only
a $27 transaction do you still think I should cancel right away? (I sent paypal
an email and wanted to wait to here back from them)

yanks12025
10-19-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm having a problem with a item that I bought. I paid for it but says it was unclaimed. But the seller is using the correct email and they even sent me a paypal invoice and I also paid that way. But it still says unclaimed. Any idea what the seller is doing wrong?

bat_master
10-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I had the same thing happen with an item I bought on ebay about a month ago. I'm sure it's fine.

Pat R
10-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Brock,

The seller got back to me and said that he had used turbo lister and it
was sent to his default email in his paypal slot.

I had to cancel the payment and he relisted the card (was a BO).

I did receive the card in a few days after everything got straightened
out.

You might want to send the seller a message and ask him if his paypal
email is correct.

Sean1125
10-19-2013, 04:42 PM
To Pat: I suppose it doesn't much matter on a $27 transaction (sorry it took me a month to get back with you!!) I was figuring it was much more than that.

I'm having a problem with a item that I bought. I paid for it but says it was unclaimed. But the seller is using the correct email and they even sent me a paypal invoice and I also paid that way. But it still says unclaimed. Any idea what the seller is doing wrong?

Unclaimed means that the paypal is not actually registered with paypal - you can receive and send payment to any e-mail address before but basically in this circumstance it means you literally get the e-mail from paypal and access it that way you cannot log into the paypal website with a normal login.

I am always leery whenever anything unclaimed happens, but mistakes do happen - noted later in this thread turbo lister uses the default e-mail... I always have this problem when setting it up on a new computer.

yanks12025
10-19-2013, 04:49 PM
To Pat: I suppose it doesn't much matter on a $27 transaction (sorry it took me a month to get back with you!!) I was figuring it was much more than that.

Unclaimed means that the paypal is not actually registered with paypal - you can receive and send payment to any e-mail address before but basically in this circumstance it means you literally get the e-mail from paypal and access it that way you cannot log into the paypal website with a normal login.

I am always leery whenever anything unclaimed happens, but mistakes do happen - noted later in this thread turbo lister uses the default e-mail... I always have this problem when setting it up on a new computer.

The seller ended up doing something and now the payment is claimed. So I should be fine but thanks everyone for the advice, never seen unclaimed paypal before.