PDA

View Full Version : Some Amazon autograph sellers are hallucinating

RichardSimon
10-07-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sc_1308_test_2column_autographedcollectibles/?rh=i%3Acollectibles%2Cn%3A4991425011%2Cn%3A!49914 26011%2Cn%3A3250697011%2Cp_n_feature_thirteen_brow se-bin%3A3311136011%2Cn%3A!4991426011&bbn=3250697011&sort=-price&ie=UTF8

Especially look at the Ken Griffey Jr piece

39special
10-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Wow $39,000 .Theres only 1 left......order soon!

Wymers Auction
10-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I guarantee I can get him to sign it in person for that.

ATP
10-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Almost all of those items on Amazon are "clones" from eBay. They are being sold by companies that do not own the items, they go out to ebay, find collectibles that are being offered by different people, and then mark them up like a drop shipper. If they get a bite, they buy it on eBay and sometimes will even set the address to send straight to a client. They usually jack them up so high that no one ever bites I would assume, but perhaps they get lucky every once in awhile. I know the sellers of some of those items and they do not sell on amazon.

RichardSimon
10-07-2013, 06:22 PM
If there is a shady way of selling in this business then someone will find it.

Big Dave
10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Are the fees so high on Amazon that these are the prices one has to sell at to make any money?

khw
10-07-2013, 06:57 PM
i am pretty sure all 19000 of my ebay items are on amazon now , but they have my permission , no big deal , it is funny though i test listed on amazon maybe 1000 baseballs and couldnt sell hardly a thing , free shipping , the works . i ship two times a day and there isnt a person that will put as much as me into making a sale and getting a repeat buyer. but on amazon in 5 months i have a grand total of 3 feedbacks, 5 of 5 stars, wow. i maybe can sell 3 items a week now with 900 items on there . the problem is my ebay fees are like 8% on amazon it is 20% , it is a whole differnt crowd on there , a cert is a cert for the most part jsa psa gai or even frangipani all are the same. you have a large percent of gift buyers and high percent of women buying , nothing wrong with but if they dont want to pay 75.00 for my mccovey jsa ball then they can buy the same ball for 139.00 with the same scan , an di will be happy to drop ship it , heck i dont even have to pay the shipping. i ship maybe 10 items a week like this to amazon , the people are getting the best service they will get just the same , i ship quite alot through the website as well, i shipped out 15 items today including a 1100.00 cobb piece , so do several of the other high volume ebay sellers , isnt anything wrong with the business model if you have a deal in place and drop shipping. i am not sure if anybody is still buying the ebay items after they sell on another website , that just leads to problems

Fuddjcal
10-07-2013, 07:18 PM
i am pretty sure all 19000 of my ebay items are on amazon now , but they have my permission , no big deal , it is funny though i test listed on amazon maybe 1000 baseballs and couldnt sell hardly a thing , free shipping , the works . i ship two times a day and there isnt a person that will put as much as me into making a sale and getting a repeat buyer. but on amazon in 5 months i have a grand total of 3 feedbacks, 5 of 5 stars, wow. i maybe can sell 3 items a week now with 900 items on there . the problem is my ebay fees are like 8% on amazon it is 20% , it is a whole differnt crowd on there , a cert is a cert for the most part jsa psa gai or even frangipani all are the same. you have a large percent of gift buyers and high percent of women buying , nothing wrong with but if they dont want to pay 75.00 for my mccovey jsa ball then they can buy the same ball for 139.00 with the same scan , an di will be happy to drop ship it , heck i dont even have to pay the shipping. i ship maybe 10 items a week like this to amazon , the people are getting the best service they will get just the same , i ship quite alot through the website as well, i shipped out 15 items today including a 1100.00 cobb piece , so do several of the other high volume ebay sellers , isnt anything wrong with the business model if you have a deal in place and drop shipping. i am not sure if anybody is still buying the ebay items after they sell on another website , that just leads to problems

I know they used to make a habit of cloning your items on e-bay as well and marking them up 200%? I was just curious if you still let those clowns clone you there as well? My problem with those "clowns" is that they would clone everything, fake and authentic. Your stuff is always nice and I thought they should be kicked off of E-bay for their business model. Much different if they have your approval though, I guess? Thanks

thetruthisoutthere
10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
I know they used to make a habit of cloning your items on e-bay as well and marking them up 200%? I was just curious if you still let those clowns clone you there as well? My problem with those "clowns" is that they would clone everything, fake and authentic. Your stuff is always nice and I thought they should be kicked off of E-bay for their business model. Much different if they have your approval though, I guess? Thanks

SportsMemorabilia.com does the same thing.

At one time (maybe they still do) they listed a ton of Derek Jeter forgeries certed by Global Authentics (Steve Sipe).

I had a chat with one of their customer service reps who claimed that SportsMemorabilia.com had an autograph contract (an obvious lie) with Jeter.

khw
10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
yeah i am not sure what may go on with anybody else , i think i have heard that some stuff is under new management and something about being bought out and maybe mounted memories or something i may be wrong. i set my grounds rules before i do anything and expect the same deal when i do anything like this , i treat it like they are my customers and go from there . i do know if any drop shipping is going they are using the better ebay sellers and people you can trust , but i have no idea if or what is listed and shipped in house

khw
10-07-2013, 07:43 PM
i would not allow anybody to use any of my items on ebay if i am running the items on there , when it comes to ebay the people that buy this stuff know me and know what they are going to get , it is a more collector base , heck i wonder how many people on here have bought from me, just in this thread i know i have bought alot from simmon and i buy hundreds each week from jim stinson and i am sure if these other guys sell i have have bought from them , but the point is on amazon the buyer will go for the name in lights and the store , more of a one time buyer looking for a gift , like ebay gets around the holidays , ok lets get down to brass tacks amazon sucks

Baseball Fan
10-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I've for sure bought signed checks from KHW on eBay. You have some nice items.

RichardSimon
10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Ok, I understand what is going on now but $39,000 for Ken Griffey??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:.
How much profit does someone need to make? Especially when they have zero investment in the item and zero carrying cost.
We are business people and I never knock anyone for their profit but I remember my favorite saying when I was on Wall Street that says bulls and bears make money but pigs go broke.
What is that Griffey selling for on ebay?
And what wife does anyone know who will spend $39,000 on an autograph for her husband?? :D.
And KHW thanks for all your business (even though you misspell my name :)) and I know Amazon sucks for collectibles but Amazon is great for consumer goods.
You cannot beat their prices or shipping.