PDA

View Full Version : O/T Thread Subscription Limits

thecatspajamas
10-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Are there any? I'm in the habit of subscribing to threads that I have started or commented on in case someone adds a post long after I've forgotten about it and it's scrolled off the screen, but as my number of subscribed threads continues to grow, I'm wondering if there is a cap that I'm going to hit sooner or later? Do I need to clear out old subscribed threads at some point to make way for new ones? Just wondering.

P.S. While we're on the subject if site functionality, I want to thank whoever it was who posted recently about clicking on the little v to the left of the thread title to jump to the first unread response. I don't know how long I had been flipping through pages trying to remember where I left off reading, never realizing that would take me right there. Huge time-saver, especially when reading on my phone! Thank you, poster-whose-name-I-can't-remember! :o

Leon
10-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Are there any? I'm in the habit of subscribing to threads that I have started or commented on in case someone adds a post long after I've forgotten about it and it's scrolled off the screen, but as my number of subscribed threads continues to grow, I'm wondering if there is a cap that I'm going to hit sooner or later? Do I need to clear out old subscribed threads at some point to make way for new ones? Just wondering.

P.S. While we're on the subject if site functionality, I want to thank whoever it was who posted recently about clicking on the little v to the left of the thread title to jump to the first unread response. I don't know how long I had been flipping through pages trying to remember where I left off reading, never realizing that would take me right there. Huge time-saver, especially when reading on my phone! Thank you, poster-whose-name-I-can't-remember! :o

I have never subscribed to a thread so don't know the answer. We are on VBulletin V3.81 if you need to do some searching....

thecatspajamas
10-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Leon. I didn't think about other boards using the same system, or to just google for an answer. While not a direct answer, I did find this:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1944723-Subscription-limit

Post #12, the guy says he has over 11k subscribed threads, and they look to be on the same system. So I think I'm safe for a good long while (currently at 69) :p