PDA

View Full Version : OT: One year down, hopefully many more to go

the 'stache
10-02-2013, 02:39 PM
I hope you will all indulge me for just a moment. As I draw near to completing my first full year as a member of Net 54, I want to give a big thank you to everybody that has made my time here such a rewarding and educational experience. I've signed up on many forums over the years, but I can honestly say that none of them hold a candle to this place. Nary a day goes by where I don't learn something new, or see something incredible for the very first time, and as I continue my foray into the world of pre-war and vintage baseball cards, I cannot wait to share more of my collection with you all. You guys have tremendously enhanced my enjoyment of our hobby, and I am excited to see what the future holds.

I especially want to thank those members that have unexpectedly gone out of their way to do some very nice things for me. You know who you are. I am forever grateful for your generosity and kindness. I will do my best to follow your example, and "pay it forward", if you will.

Thank you all for making a newbie feel welcome. Cheers!

Bill

Rich Klein
10-02-2013, 02:58 PM
is a bit closer to you know (LBJ and Preston); would love for you to come out one of these days. I'll post full details this weekend

Rich

itjclarke
10-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Thank you Bill. I've really appreciated our occasional baseball/baseball card mad PM exchanges, and your always positive and baseball focused posts. I think your mind set may be similar to mine. 1) love baseball, 2) love collecting baseball cards.................................. 3) these things are worth money? Cool!

I'm glad you joined the club and hope to meet you in person some day.

Bpm0014
10-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Im fairly new myself. But you're one of the few members who is always positive, always willing to learn, and rarely involved in drama. I've never really conversed with you but you've always stood out to me (amongst other members) for the right reasons...

Leon
10-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Im fairly new myself. But you're one of the few members who is always positive, always willing to learn, and rarely involved in drama. I've never really conversed with you but you've always stood out to me (amongst other members) for the right reasons...

I will second this motion. Always a pleasure having you on board (pun intended), Bill. Hopefully this is the first year of many, many more to come. Take care and happy collecting.

Eric72
10-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Bill,

You're a class act and a great guy. Congrats on the "anniversary"...and many happy returns.

Best regards,

Eric

EvilKing00
10-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I hope you will all indulge me for just a moment. As I draw near to completing my first full year as a member of Net 54, I want to give a big thank you to everybody that has made my time here such a rewarding and educational experience. I've signed up on many forums over the years, but I can honestly say that none of them hold a candle to this place. Nary a day goes by where I don't learn something new, or see something incredible for the very first time, and as I continue my foray into the world of pre-war and vintage baseball cards, I cannot wait to share more of my collection with you all. You guys have tremendously enhanced my enjoyment of our hobby, and I am excited to see what the future holds.

I especially want to thank those members that have unexpectedly gone out of their way to do some very nice things for me. You know who you are. I am forever grateful for your generosity and kindness. I will do my best to follow your example, and "pay it forward", if you will.

Thank you all for making a newbie feel welcome. Cheers!

Bill

Happy B day Bill! lol - love reading all your posts.

fyi my 1 year is coming up as well, end of the month.
I only belong to 3 forums, 1 is/was an online game I played since I was a kid, 1 is the metsblog :( , and by far the best would be net54 - a big thanks to every one hear and all this info your all provide I have learned a lot in the short time im here.

t206blogcom
10-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Glad to have you aboard and always enjoy your posts!

Paul S
10-02-2013, 08:02 PM
...and I don't even need to search for the thread...you were the one who ultimately "had it out" with He Whose Zone We Dare Not Speak. I remember waking up early east coast time and thinking, wait until a peasanr/forum owner in Texas awakens and gets a load of this! For that, I thank you.