PDA

View Full Version : PSA Slab differences

ksabet
09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
What are the differences in PSA's slabs from pre 1/2 grades to the current ones?

I am wondering which cards in my collection may be candidates for a bump but I am not sure which ones were grade before they started doing the .5 designation.

CaramelMan
09-25-2013, 01:54 PM
the old cards have the numerical grade next to the word designation:

like this Mint 9

the new slabs (when they started .5) have the numerical grade BELOW the word like this

Mint

hope that helps

ksabet
09-25-2013, 04:47 PM
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks

Bosox Blair
09-25-2013, 09:36 PM
One little twist. It is safe to assume that when the number is on the same line as the grade, the card was graded pre-half-grades.

However, there are cases where the number is below the text grade, but where the card was only evaluated for grading in the pre-half-grade system. These cards include those that were re-holdered since the half-grades (ie. due to scratches/cracks in the holder), or those where the flip information was corrected after the half-grade system came in. I own a handful of these cards, which I had PSA reholder. The cards were all older grades - under the full point system. I did not pay for a review, and PSA did not provide one. But those cards now look just like the ones graded under the half-grade system.

The number of such cards is likely relatively small in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers,
Blair