PDA

View Full Version : President Karzai, Can I Have Your Autograph?

markf31
09-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Grantland is one of my favorite sites and this is an interesting article.

Great Moments in Collecting: 'President Karzai, Can I Have Your Autograph? (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/72667/great-moments-in-collecting-president-karzai-can-i-have-your-autograph)

mr2686
09-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Very interesting article. It's gotta be tough to collect, because not only do you have to be in the right place at the right time, you have to know what a lot of world leaders look like. Sure, fairly easy for the ones in the news every day, but some of those guys are pretty obscure to the average person.

isaac2004
09-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Very interesting article. It's gotta be tough to collect, because not only do you have to be in the right place at the right time, you have to know what a lot of world leaders look like. Sure, fairly easy for the ones in the news every day, but some of those guys are pretty obscure to the average person.

except for the insane security detail

its safe to say when you have 5-8 guys around you, your important

mr2686
09-26-2013, 05:42 PM

True, but you can be important but not the leader of your country. If you just go by bodyguards, you could end up with a bunch of Sec of State and VP autographs.

mschwade
09-26-2013, 07:21 PM

One day when I am in the mood to have some fun, I am going to hire 5-8 guys, dress them up in suits, and have them walk in front of and behind me :)