PDA

View Full Version : Autograph bat display

dapro
09-19-2013, 11:33 PM
How are people displaying their autograph bats? I still have my bat from jsa in the box since I haven't decided how to display it. Any ideas?

mr2686
09-20-2013, 05:29 AM
I keep mine in individual wall mounted bat cases with UV. The reason, much like ball cases, is to keep the autograph from fading, plus you have the added benefit of not having the bats get dusty (you don't want to have to wipe the bat in any way that might damage the autograph. A regular uncovered bat rack is great to use for those game used non autographed models. Just my .02

daves_resale_shop
09-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Michaels crafts carries a pretty nice 36" shadow box... I want to say they carry a price tag of around $55, but they seem to have a 40% off sale every other week.

I like them, they display and mount very nicely, but I am not sure if the glass isuv protectant

Mr. Zipper
09-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Michaels crafts carries a pretty nice 36" shadow box... I want to say they carry a price tag of around $55, but they seem to have a 40% off sale every other week.

I like them, they display and mount very nicely, but I am not sure if the glass isuv protectant

Ditto. This is what I use. On sale you can get them for under $30 and it is a nice quality case. The door for the bat swings out, but the top of the case is wide and flat enough to accomodate ball cubes or figurines if you are inclined to add extras on top.

I do not know if the glass is uv,so I presume it is not. I keep it out of direct sun and rotate bats frequently. No noticeable fading yet.

Westsiders
09-20-2013, 09:19 AM
I keep mine in individual wall mounted bat cases with UV. The reason, much like ball cases, is to keep the autograph from fading, plus you have the added benefit of not having the bats get dusty (you don't want to have to wipe the bat in any way that might damage the autograph. A regular uncovered bat rack is great to use for those game used non autographed models. Just my .02

Where do you get your bat cases....as I prefer the UV protection. And do you mind posting a photo of one?

Thanks.

dapro
09-20-2013, 02:56 PM

Thanks! I just went to Michael's during lunch. It is listed at $59.99 with 50% off. Picked one up!

dapro
09-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Ditto. This is what I use. On sale you can get them for under $30 and it is a nice quality case. The door for the bat swings out, but the top of the case is wide and flat enough to accomodate ball cubes or figurines if you are inclined to add extras on top.

I do not know if the glass is uv,so I presume it is not. I keep it out of direct sun and rotate bats frequently. No noticeable fading yet.

Steve, did you mount it to the wall?