PDA

View Full Version : If you make a commitment to purchase a card on the B/S/T…

vintagetoppsguy
09-18-2013, 05:53 AM
then you should honor that commitment.

Just sayin’

ullmandds
09-18-2013, 05:58 AM
I agree 100%..."make hay while the sun shines!"

g_vezina_c55
09-18-2013, 06:20 AM
i agree 100%..."make hay while the sun shines!"

t206blogcom
09-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Agree! Very frustrating when people don't honor their commitments.

Leon
09-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Each deal backed out of should really warrant a PM to me. If it happens too often (more than once or twice) with one person then they won't be allowed on the BST.

bobbyw8469
09-18-2013, 07:20 AM
How about when a seller agrees to a deal, then reneges due to a better offer elsewhere? Does that warrant the same consideration?

g_vezina_c55
09-18-2013, 07:24 AM
How about when a seller agrees to a deal, then reneges due to a better offer elsewhere? Does that warrant the same consideration?

i think the answer is yes... it is not fair.

when a deal is conclude by e-mail for me itis like a hand shaking...same rules by the seller or the buyer

vintagetoppsguy
09-18-2013, 07:55 AM

Yup, it sure does.

And +1 to Nelson's comment as well.

Leon
09-18-2013, 08:16 AM

As an addicted collector I have a little empathy for a collector not selling after they say they will. I did it once several months ago. I had the card for 10+ yrs, agreed to sell it, then 2 hours later changed my mind as I wanted to keep it. I still have it. That is a rare exception for me. Out of thousands of deals I have done that maybe 1-2 times. So, I do have that bit of empathy. If someone backs out of "a" deal and there was no harm done, then so be it. But if it is repetitious then that is an issue. That is why I need to know about these issues. If someone is doing it very often then that isn't good for the BST. Also, though, that being said, there are sometimes mitigating circumstances so those need to be taken into account too. Where there is 0 tolerance is if anyone is out any money in a deal that goes sour. Those are just some thoughts. Overall, we get very, very few issues over there on the BST. It is ALWAYS caveat emptor though.

And to answer the question, all reneggs count.

jhs5120
09-18-2013, 08:27 AM
The worst is when someone wins a BST auction and doesn't reply to any PM's. You know who you are...

Sean1125
09-18-2013, 08:38 AM
If you commit to a deal I personally consider it a done deal and will mark something as sold. The same goes if I commit to something, I expect that person to mark it as sold and simply arrange payment. I have no sympathy for people who reneg either way.

Leon
09-18-2013, 08:41 AM
If you commit to a deal I personally consider it a done deal and will mark something as sold. The same goes if I commit to something, I expect that person to mark it as sold and simply arrange payment. I have no sympathy for people who reneg either way.

Overall, I agree. But as moderator I won't get bent out of shape if it's an isolated incident and no one is out any money.

batsballsbases
09-18-2013, 09:56 AM
I have done alot of deals on the B/S/T and for the most part all the deals have worked out fine. I just finished one where I shipped the cads to a guy I never met and before I even have any money. He told me the money was in the mail. I could tell by the tone of his PMs he was a man of his word!:D:D:D

EvilKing00
09-18-2013, 01:08 PM

Just sayin’

agree 100%, Also goes both ways for the buyer and seller... a deal is a deal and that's it.

rdwyer
09-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I've never had any problems yet. Knock on wood.

auggiedoggy
09-18-2013, 05:19 PM

Just sayin’

I find it odd that this even needs to be pointed out! :confused:

HercDriver
09-18-2013, 06:34 PM
I've done quite a few B/S/Ts, and have had nothing but good. In EVERY case, the seller/trader has sent me cards the same day I sent payment. I've done the same as seller/trader. It's why I only sell on B/S/T and not Ebay...I just plain like the people here. On Ebay, I have to wonder who's swindling me.

Take Care,
Geno