PDA

View Full Version : Card Shop in NYC

Bestdj777
09-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Any recommendations for card shops in NYC? I go to one on the Upper East Side but am looking for some other options. I love looking through the post war cards but primarily only buy toploaders. Any suggestions on places I can browse and pick up holders?

Thanks!

vintagebaseballcardguy
09-15-2013, 02:00 AM
I am going to be there next month. I have been several times, but i haven't been able to locate a shop. Anyone know of one near the upper west side?? I want to look through some '57 Topps.

Where is the one you go to on the upper east side?

Thanks

Republicaninmass
09-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Alex's MVP up close to 93rd on the east side. Very limited selection on 50's stuff

Bestdj777
09-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I am going to be there next month. I have been several times, but i haven't been able to locate a shop. Anyone know of one near the upper west side?? I want to look through some '57 Topps.

Where is the one you go to on the upper east side?

Thanks

Alex's MVP on 89th and 2nd.

Redscarsd58
09-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi All
New member. Saw this post and wanted to jump in. I frequent Alex's shop. It's the only one still around uptown.
There are a few in the outer boroughs but Alex is pretty unique at this point for manhattan. I found one listed downtown but haven't gotten around to checking it out.

Bestdj777
09-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi All
New member. Saw this post and wanted to jump in. I frequent Alex's shop. It's the only one still around uptown.
There are a few in the outer boroughs but Alex is pretty unique at this point for manhattan. I found one listed downtown but haven't gotten around to checking it out.

Welcome to the forum. I end up going to Alex's a couple times a month. Kind of hard not to with as close as it is to my place.

Who did you find downtown? The only other place I have been able to locate is Brigandi Coins. They are very friendly and have great customer service. Unfortunately, they primarily specialize in coins and the memorabilia and cards they do have are way too high end for my budget.