PDA

View Full Version : Opinions requested - E107 back

scooter729
09-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I just received an E107 today I 'won' in the last Legendary auction. While looking at it, I noticed something on the card I hadn't seen in the auction scan.

Attached here is a scan of the card, though I can't get it to post as large as the scan from the auction, so I'd appreciate if you can check the auction scan and blow up the back scan.

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=127441#

Starting with the "o" in "of", are there a couple of spots of paper loss, which then trail down to the word "hundred"? The "o" could just be spots where it didn't print strongly. But of more concern to is the "e" in "hundred". I can't tell (and don't yet own a 10x loupe, but will be getting one ASAP), but it looks like something is up with the "e". Was this paper loss and it got touched up with a pen? Is this OK? Am I going nuts staring at this?

Any thoughts you might have would be most helpful. And yes, I know I should have a loupe here with me, but am hoping the auction's big scan would help get some other opinions.....
Scott

Bosox Blair
09-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Hard to say from the scan, but kinda does look as you describe. Your in-hand view trumps any scan though.

If there was a touch-up, black light should show it.

Cheers,
Blair

sb1
09-12-2013, 12:06 PM
The E appears fine, this E107 and many more came out of 4 lots sold by SCP several years ago, all had been removed from an album at some point and show varying degrees of glue/paper loss.

scooter729
09-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks Scott - appreciate it and didn't know about the prior SCP sale. The couple of spots of paper loss make sense to me - I just wanted to make sure the 'e' didn't get a pen taken to it to try and cover up a spot of paper loss.