PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Koufax Autograph

shelly
09-11-2013, 08:19 PM
No gatcha. Just want honest opinions.

Maddog
09-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I'll bite.
The Sandy looks like a secretarial but the Koufax look decent?
I'll side with caution and say nah.

shelly
09-11-2013, 11:26 PM
There is no bite. Just tell me what you think.

jimjim
09-12-2013, 05:01 AM
When was the postcard produced? I think that would help. If it is newer postcard, then I would say no good.

Mr. Zipper
09-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Looks too neat with a bit too much letter definition for my taste. Not certain either way.

koufax1fan
09-12-2013, 08:46 AM
In my opinion as a 20 year Koufax collector. The autograph is no good. The slant is totally off, and the S and K are terrible.

Sean1125
09-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Gut feeling is the auto is bad.

shelly
09-12-2013, 12:12 PM
The reason I put it up it is in Todd Mullers auction. It must be good because it is authenticated by the Lord.:D

thetruthisoutthere
09-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Just another secretarial autograph (this time it's Sandy Koufax) listed by Todd Mueller Auctions.

It's a sec.

Yeah, Todd Mueller.....geez.

thetruthisoutthere
09-12-2013, 09:40 PM
The reason I put it up it is in Todd Mullers auction. It must be good because it is authenticated by the Lord.:D

I could have told you that, Shelly.....

RichardSimon
09-13-2013, 09:21 AM

"The lord works in mysterious ways."

bender07
09-13-2013, 09:50 AM
No gatcha. Just want honest opinions.

Not sure what your definition of 'gotcha' is but that was one in my book.

shelly
09-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Not sure what your definition of 'gotcha' is but that was one in my book.
The only gotcha was Tood Muller. I ask for you opinions nothing more. When I got them I said who authenticated it. Not much there but simple opinions by people I respect. My defenition is if it where authenticated by the big boys that would be a gotcha. This is authenticated by someone who has no idea what he is doing. When chaught he lies.

Big Dave
09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Still a "gotcha". Just done by someone you don't like.....doesn't matter who the TPA is, a "gotcha" is only meant to show alledged mistakes by people whom others trust.

shelly
09-13-2013, 11:38 AM
So if I put his name down and said what do you think that would have been ok with you.

theshleps
09-13-2013, 11:57 AM
I know alot of folks like Todd but I used to look at his auctions. there wer so many autographs I was uncomfortable with, I just stopped looking at his

Big Dave
09-13-2013, 11:58 AM
If you were simply looking for opinions and nothing more, as you claim, then there was no need to place a name with it.

shelly
09-13-2013, 12:16 PM
If you were simply looking for opinions and nothing more, as you claim, then there was no need to place a name with it.
My question was if I said this is from his auction site would that have made you feel better. If I said his name or not I dont think the fact that no one like it would have changed anything. By the way now you know where it is from what is your learned opinion.

bender07
09-13-2013, 12:22 PM
The only gotcha was Tood Muller. I ask for you opinions nothing more. When I got them I said who authenticated it. Not much there but simple opinions by people I respect. My defenition is if it where authenticated by the big boys that would be a gotcha. This is authenticated by someone who has no idea what he is doing. When chaught he lies.

Shelly, the point is, you didn't post this image because you're a collector that was interested in buying and wanted some opinions. You don't like Todd and/or his business tactics and were looking for yet another way to showcase it.

Big Dave
09-13-2013, 12:30 PM
+1

shelly
09-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Shelly, the point is, you didn't post this image because you're a collector that was interested in buying and wanted some opinions. You don't like Todd and/or his business tactics and were looking for yet another way to showcase it.

Like no other person on here has not done that to PSA, Jsa and others. People have right to know that they might be buying crap. If you have a problem with that I am sorry. I will do it again when I think it is important to the consumer.
Just a reminder the last time I did that, Rob Lifson took down 9 autographs that had over 12,000 bid on them before they where removed.

David Atkatz
09-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Evidently, in "Shelly-ese," "no gotcha" means just the opposite.

Big Dave
09-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Then don't lie about what your real intentions are Shelly. It just makes you appear to be in the same alledged class as the people you complain about.

I am fairly sure that if people would have given a positive opinion on the autograph, you would have never placed Mr. Mueller's name in the thread.

bender07
09-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Like no other person on here has not done that to PSA, Jsa and others. People have right to know that they might be buying crap. If you have a problem with that I am sorry. I will do it again when I think it is important to the consumer.

Do what you want, just don't preface it as it not being a 'gotcha'. Start a 'Questionable Todd Mueller Item' thread and keep adding to it. To me, it's disingenuous to claim your request isn't a setup.

shelly
09-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Not true, but you can think what you want. When I am wrong I admit it and if people thougt it was good I would tell them where it was from like I do on all my post.:)

7nohitter
09-13-2013, 03:24 PM
My feeling (not that anyone cares) is that the 'not gotcha' threads are just for fun...no harm!

I like them...I think sometimes people read too much into 'I know you're trying to get me so I'm going to out-think you..." Whatever.

Give your opinion and move on.

An.dR$e%^w M()(()il#@!le#$#$#$#R

thetruthisoutthere
09-13-2013, 06:07 PM
My feeling (not that anyone cares) is that the 'not gotcha' threads are just for fun...no harm!

I like them...I think sometimes people read too much into 'I know you're trying to get me so I'm going to out-think you..." Whatever.

Give your opinion and move on.

An.dR$e%^w M()(()il#@!le#$#$#$#R

+1