PDA

View Full Version : Explain SGC "O-H"

GregMitch34
09-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Sent an SGC card to SGC for review for first time and they posted result as O-H. I'm presuming it means something like zero upgrade and card remains in holder or some such. True? Thanks.

buymycards
09-10-2013, 05:14 PM
This is from their website. I don't see an H.

SGC Rejection Codes:
Code Description Tag
A Altered ALT
B Bleached BLE
C Color Added COL
E Power Erased ERA
G Minimum Graded Not Met MIN
L Too Large to Holder (Oversized) LRG
M Miscut MIS
N Cannot/Do Not Grade NO
P Pressed PRS
R Rebuilt REB
S Too Small to Holder (Short) SML
T Evidence of Trimming TRM
X Counterfeit COU
Z Resurfaced SUR
SGC Rejection Code Zones
Code Description
1 Upper Left Corner
2 Upper Right Corner
3 Lower Right Corner
4 Lower Left Corner
5 Upper Edge-Top Surface
6 Right Edge-Side Surface
7 Lower Edge-Bottom Surface
8 Left Edge-Side Surface
9 Front-Front Surface
0 Back-Back Surface
Example: "T5" Would identify a card that exhibits evidence of trimming on the top edge. "C2" Would identify a card that exhibits color added to the top right corner.
A rejected card may exhibit additional alterations in addition to what is identified by the rejection code. SGC will reject a card upon identifying the initial evidence of alteration.

tribefan
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
The response is quite common:

I - O

Gobucsmagic74
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Sent an SGC card to SGC for review for first time and they posted result as O-H. I'm presuming it means something like zero upgrade and card remains in holder or some such. True? Thanks.

I'd call them. Their customer service is top notch

GregMitch34
09-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Not sure if true but a moderator here 3 yrs ago said 0-H means that SGC invoiced the card but you don't know new grade, if any, until you receive card (or check pop report).

CW
09-10-2013, 09:22 PM

I - O

:D

Even as a Michigan fan, this made me smile (not LOL, but smile) :)

robw1959
09-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't discount the upgrade possibility just yet - I got the same code on (3) T206 cards I sent in for an upgrade to SGC about 8 months ago and one of them actually made the half-point bump while the other two did not change. The one that got bumped up went from a 6 to a 6.5, so that was pretty significant, I thought.

Bryan the Buckeye
09-12-2013, 12:04 AM
As a Buckeye, I was rolling on the floor. The O-H is what even made me open the thread. Sorry for rambling and not contributing one bit to op's question. I just come on to learn from the best. Just starting a small pre-war collection myself. Good luck to all!

CobbvLajoie1910
09-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Go Bucks. Beat Cal! :)

thehoodedcoder
09-12-2013, 04:21 AM

I - O

well that explains it.

kevin