PDA

View Full Version : Scam/Fraud Alert!

pencil1974
09-10-2013, 06:56 AM
After I bought an item that never showed up from eBay my credit card happened to be tapped by an outside source for multiple purchases. The card is linked to Paypal and my bank says their is a connection but didn't go into further details due to the investigation. Just want to warn you guys.

Persons ID on eBay is: ealyssa2012

They also just turned their feedback private the other day as well. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up. Too bad their are so many crappy people in this world.

Leon
09-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the heads up Brad.....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ealyssa2012&ftab=AllFeedback

pencil1974
09-10-2013, 07:11 AM
No problem, they tried to rack up over $5K on my card, luckily Bank of America does have good fraud protection.

nsaddict
09-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Here are items sold by this seller. Just curious which item you purchased? Sorry to hear about this.
http://tinyurl.com/qdmyyxp

ullmandds
09-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Wow...that sucks! Lots of interesting cards they've "sold?"

gnaz01
09-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Are any of those cards REAL??? :confused:

John V
09-10-2013, 09:14 AM
It appears the 1955 Clemente sold BIN on 9/2 then again on 9/4 with 20 bids.

CardTarget
09-10-2013, 09:16 AM
The whole point of paypal is that your card number doesn't ever get seen by anyone. I assume you didn't use paypal for this transaction? Or am I missing something?

nsaddict
09-10-2013, 09:27 AM
The Clemente...yes, bidder with zero feedback won the same card twice 2 days apart. If that isn't a shill job I don't know what is.

pencil1974
09-10-2013, 03:11 PM
All the transactions were through Paypal and were put on my CC card as with my PP account I have varying levels of money depending on what I've bought or sold. So I thought it would not be an issue. Good thing is the fraud protection does protect you on your card I just never noticed until I saw my card was getting higher and I had not used it.

It was the Gehrig through a 2nd chance offer in eBay (which was legit since it came into my eBay email and not like the fake ones that just come to your regular email).

So main thing was just to warn you guys to just be careful and to just check your CC cards every now and again to make sure it does not happen to you.

bnorth
09-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I had a very similar experience 2 yrs ago. After a regular ebay purchase paid with paypal that is hooked to a bank account. A few days later I went to use my debit card to get some cash at the ATM and it said I was broke.:eek: Luckily it was taken out that morning and the bank got my money back for me.:D The person who took the money bought around $3000 worth of computer software and a new laptop with my $. Never heard from the bank what happened, was just happy to get my money back.

39special
09-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I had a very similar experience 2 yrs ago. After a regular ebay purchase paid with paypal that is hooked to a bank account. A few days later I went to use my debit card to get some cash at the ATM and it said I was broke.:eek: Luckily it was taken out that morning and the bank got my money back for me.:D The person who took the money bought around $3000 worth of computer software and a new laptop with my $. Never heard from the bank what happened, was just happy to get my money back.

I also had the same trouble about 5 years ago.Lost about $1000.I got it back,
but wasn't a pleasant experience.I also never heard back from the bank.
Hope things work out for you!!

pencil1974
09-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys. It is not a fun experience for sure.

the 'stache
09-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Whoa, Ebay members can make their feedback private? If that doesn't scream "I'm a crook", nothing does.

pencil1974
09-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah I didn't know that until this happened. It was actually visible at one point then negative comments started coming in and as I like to say "boom goes the dynamite" and all of sudden its private and back to 100% feedback except for my little ding to her score but I'm sure that will go away some how too.

Anyway I don't want to beat this into the ground the main thing was just to say keep an eye out. I know this kind of thing happens every day but if we can help each other with things like this maybe it will happen less.