PDA

View Full Version : DiMaggio Good ??

sb1
09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Ok last one I am going to try, I also have my own thoughts on this one, we'll see

joed25
09-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Are they for sale ?

joed25
09-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Both are authentic

GrayGhost
09-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Very authentic and super nice

Leon
09-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Are they for sale ?

It will be in our next auction starting this coming Monday

www.b-lauctions.com

We have been known to open a day early though.....Good luck if you go for it..

khw
09-03-2013, 01:06 PM
nice ball looks like a cronin? no maybe a giles , this is what folks should be buying vs. the card show signed millions they will figure it out in a few years

Leon
09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
nice ball looks like a cronin?

And had you cared to read the description that is what we said... :)

"According to some hobby experts the Joe Dimaggio was signed by his sister,"

Leon
09-03-2013, 01:10 PM
you changed your reply before I hit the submit button :)....no worries, we try to vette things as much as we can.

khw
09-03-2013, 01:14 PM
you changed your reply before I hit the submit button :)....no worries, we try to vette things as much as we can.

great another auction that has autographs i can spend more money on , use to set up and know scott brockelman back in the early 90`s during the texas card show days , used to sell him all my ramleys

Leon
09-03-2013, 01:19 PM
great another auction that has autographs i can spend more money on , use to set up and know scott brockelman back in the early 90`s during the texas card show days , used to sell him all my ramleys

He was my mentor getting into this......I met him at an Arlington show in around '97.....maybe '96. Always good to have more Texans on the board!! Maybe that is how he got started on all of those Ramlys.....he and Peter (board member) sure have a few nice sets of them.

khw
09-03-2013, 01:25 PM
He was my mentor getting into this......I met him at an Arlington show in around '97.....maybe '96. Always good to have more Texans on the board!! Maybe that is how he got started on all of those Ramlys.....he and Peter (board member) sure have a few nice sets of them.

i am not from texas just did all of wanda marcus shows in arlington ,and some tri stars and larry dluhy in houston my first national was in arlington , was a great place in the day for shows , to say the least he had a ramley fetish

joed25
09-03-2013, 03:02 PM
And had you cared to read the description that is what we said... :)

"According to some hobby experts the Joe Dimaggio was signed by his sister,"

I'd like to know which "hobby expert" said it was his sister

Leon
09-03-2013, 03:10 PM
I'd like to know which "hobby expert" said it was his sister

Jim Stinson and others....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=163827&highlight=dimaggio

joed25
09-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Jim Stinson and others....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=163827&highlight=dimaggio

I'm confused. I thought the experts said the baseball in this thread was signed by his sister.

Forever Young
09-03-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm confused. I thought the experts said the baseball in this thread was signed by his sister.

That makes two of us.

Leon
09-03-2013, 04:24 PM

Yes, you are confused (but not your fault). I was responding to a comment by another member concerning our LAST auction. In the middle of me quoting him (post #8), he changed his comment. That made my comment not on target anymore. The autograph in our LAST auction was said to have been signed by Dimaggios sister, NOT this auction. The autograph in our last auction was on a flat (paper) and this auction will be this ball that Scott has shown. Hope that helps....

***the original comment by the other poster was that the Dimaggio in our last auction wasn't good, which is true and the way it was sold....but that message is the one that got changed while I was in the very middle of quoting it. I have never had that happen before ....

joed25
09-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes, you are confused (but not your fault). I was responding to a comment by another member concerning our LAST auction. In the middle of me quoting him (post #8), he changed his comment. That made my comment not on target anymore. The autograph in our LAST auction was said to have been signed by Dimaggios sister, NOT this auction. The autograph in our last auction was on a flat (paper) and this auction will be this ball that Scott has shown. Hope that helps....
Thank you for clarifying Leon.

thetruthisoutthere
09-03-2013, 04:32 PM
That Joe D. is authentic.

RichardSimon
09-03-2013, 04:44 PM
nice ball looks like a cronin? no maybe a giles , this is what folks should be buying vs. the card show signed millions they will figure it out in a few years

You are right about what they should be buying but, aside from the guys here and the educated ones, I bet they don't figure it out.

RichardSimon
09-03-2013, 04:47 PM

***the original comment by the other poster was that the Dimaggio in our last auction wasn't good, which is true and the way it was sold....but that message is the one that got changed while I was in the very middle of quoting it. I have never had that happen before ....

Leon - I am getting dizzy from this description :D:D