PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Morrison, Dead!

Cardboard Junkie
09-02-2013, 12:12 PM
R.I.P. He was good. He was the right man alright, but not at the right time. A Tommy Morrison right now in his prime would rule the sweet science.

SmokyBurgess
09-03-2013, 07:40 AM
As I recall, wasn't he related to John Wayne (Marion Morrison)?? Perhaps a nephew?

Exhibitman
09-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Very distant relation to Wayne.

He was a druggie [steroids] and got AIDs then went off the deep end claiming his positive tests were a conspiracy to get him out of boxing. He used to come to the World Boxing HOF shows in Los Angeles. He was a larger than life character, that's for sure. Interesting and disturbing factoid: he did not wash his hands after going to the bathroom. I saw that happen in the bathroom of the hotel where the WBHOF show was held.

If he was fighting today he'd be in the mix, though I do not think he could beat either Klitschko.

D. Bergin
09-08-2013, 10:56 AM
If prime Tommy Morrison was still around, he'd be the best American Heavyweight right now...........unfortunately that's not saying a whole lot.

Weird dude. Similar to Adam I've seen him at the right coast Hall of Fame. I think his health had been deteriorating for a long time. He'd never looked healthy to me.