PDA

View Full Version : 1915 Cracker Jack Printing Errors? Show 'em...

Kzoo
08-29-2013, 08:32 PM
So, I've always been interested in CJ's, especially the 'in action' poses with their blazing red backgrounds. At this year's National, I picked up these two beauties from Scott Forrest (Runscott). I was instantly intrigued and attracted to their freaky quirkiness. The image and first layer of background were laid down, then the second layer of background was way off center. Leon mentioned that he has one or two of these and that maybe a sheet or two made it out of the factory, but has anyone else seen CJ's printed like this? Or any other CJ printing errors? The folks that wrote the Cracker Jack book down at the PSA booth had never seen anything like these before. Show 'em if you got 'em.....

Matt

Leon
08-29-2013, 10:27 PM
There have been quite a few of these types in the last few years...I like 'em..Here are a couple and a couple of other regular types.

birdman42
08-31-2013, 11:43 AM
The folks that wrote the Cracker Jack book down at the PSA booth had never seen anything like these before.

Matt

I'm surprised to hear that. About a year ago (IIRC), there was a guy on the Bay with nearly a full set of these off-register CJs. I think they were '15s, but I don't remember for sure. All of them were at least as far off as yours. Who knows, yours might even be part of that group. They were in good condition. Pretty spectacular, but I'm not an EFO guy so not for me. Congrats on your pickups.

Bill

rainier2004
08-31-2013, 11:50 AM
I remember those, all 1915s. Most were graded 5 with the qualifier...no printing errors for me.