PDA

View Full Version : Hauls of Shame - Who is Peter Nash?

Sunny
08-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Peter Nash is Prime Minister Pete Nice of 3rd Bass. Here he is preforming on stage July 2013 in Brooklyn, first show in 13 years, see link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aijf-nq1Zgk

Hope you do well Peter because you owe a lot of people money. Maybe you should write a new song about pleading the fifth since you have firsthand experience. You can give some words of wisdom about how you got the gas face by pleading the fifth dozens of times in a civil lawsuit. I have a suggestion for you write something about your life experiences on your Hauls of Shame website such as your “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY that you used to own in 1995 & 1996. Your “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” had a large collection of old trophy balls and very interesting artifacts and memorabilia on display such as that 1853 Knickerbockers Trophy Ball that was given to Henry Chadwick, now subject to the lawsuit between Corey Shanus and Robert Lifson. Where did you get all those items on display at the wax museum? It’s time to tell all Peter Nash! After all you own the Hauls of Shame website. We want to know the truth! What about the 1854 Trophy Ball you had on display at the wax museum and then you sold it for $72,050 back in 1996 which was a record selling price at the time and now that same 1854 Trophy Ball is on permanent display at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. MastroNet wrote in there description that the 1854 Trophy ball is similar in color and lettering to the 1853 Trophy Ball that Corey Shanus bought for $161,992 in 2003. Mr. Nash, where did you get these items from? Corey Shanus should depose you and put you in the hot seat! What about the 1903 World Series baseball once owned by Cy Young and donated to the Brooklyn Elks Lodge #22 that you sold in 1994 and was recently sold by Legendary Auctions for $65,000. Where did you get that 1903 World Series baseball that was owned by the Brooklyn Elks #22? See Link:

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=157615&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=15&seo=Final-Out-Game-Used-Baseball-from-Game-7-of-the-1903-World-Series-Signed-and-Notated-by-Winning-Pitc

I noticed some of the items that you sold have BPOE No. 22 stamped on it meaning (Brooklyn Elks Lodge 22 of the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks). For example the Henry Chadwick cabinet card you sold in 2007 on the back of the cabinet photo it is stamped with BPOE No. 22, see link:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2004/470.html

It’s interesting to note that Henry Chadwick belonged to Brooklyn Elks No. 22 and so did Abe Yager the sports writer that took over Henry Chadwick position at the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Henry Chadwick’s cabinet card you sold has Yager’s name written on it and Brooklyn daily Eagle. Where did you get these items from? Why did Cy Young donate his 1903 World Series Baseball to the Brooklyn Elks No. 22 in 1953? Is it because this Elks club had a baseball collection and you bought it? Mr. Nash you go into extreme details about the items you write about on Your Hauls of Shame website so please write about the items mentioned here that you once owned. Intriguing minds would love to know the history of these items. If anybody else would like to know more about Peter Nash here’s a couple of links:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/2012/05/ex-rapper-turned-sports-memorabilia-dealer-peter-nash-admits-not-filing-tax-returns-ov

Peter Nash will be preforming with 3rd Bass at Warm Fest 2013 on Sept 2, Broad Ripple Park between 3:15 - 4:00pm Indianapolis, Indiana.

http://lineup.warmfest.org/events/2013/09/02/

the 'stache
08-28-2013, 11:01 PM
This ought to be interesting.

oldjudge
08-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Doesn't Sunny need to post his full name?

MattyC
08-28-2013, 11:31 PM
1. Steppin To The AM was my cut.
2. That DJ in the video KILLS IT.

ElCabron
08-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Sunny just gave Pete the Net54 Gas Face.

-Ryan

Tabe
08-29-2013, 01:39 AM
it's crazy that Nash is such a questionable character and yet he has done awesome work on Hauls of Shame.

And, man, 3rd Bass did some great music back in the day.

gnaz01
08-29-2013, 03:24 AM
Doesn't Sunny need to post his full name?

I thought the same thing!

Rich Klein
08-29-2013, 04:17 AM
post his name. And there are many people in the 1st Joseph P coumn who need to do the same. I know it's a lot of work but Leon needs to add those names.

Actually Sunny did post his name in the long thread over on the auto board on Heritage which morphed into a new discussion. His name is

Rob.ert Fra.ser

barrysloate
08-29-2013, 04:24 AM
You should also take Corey's full name out of the post.

Leon
08-29-2013, 07:17 AM
You should also take Corey's full name out of the post.

You guys are posting at 5 freaking a.m my time. I am snoring about then. Sunny will have his name in all of his posts (now). I doubt he cares but regardless it's the rule. There was no mandate in the first thread about every single poster having their name in it, but the rules of the board still apply. So I will be going back over that thread sometime today and adding names where need be. I will not mess with anyone's comments. The other mods or I don't tell people what to say or not to say.

Rich Klein
08-29-2013, 07:53 AM
:D

ullmandds
08-29-2013, 07:55 AM
I was up at 5!:D

z28jd
08-29-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm not surprised he was behind on taxes at one point, I heard when he signed his record deal all he really got was a box of Newports and puma sweats.

D.P.Johnson
08-29-2013, 08:22 AM
I was up at 5!:D

Heck, by 5:00a.m. I've already drank 2 cups of coffee and written 3 memos...You guys are slackers....

Bpm0014
08-29-2013, 08:32 AM
"get was a box of Newports and puma sweats...."

I'm surprised at the number of references to past 3rd Bass songs. Seems like a lot of people listened to them. No joke, they were awesome....

MVSNYC
08-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Awesome Album

wonkaticket
08-29-2013, 09:06 AM
The OP has first hand knowledge of Mr. Nash's trade and is quite the collector. I guess we can expect Pete to address this and many others any day now on his website. I mean after all Pete is all about making the hobby a better place right?

Nice to see Pete's trademark cane was replaced by an umbrella from the clubs lost and found, keep on keeping it real Prime Minister Nash..:D

http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/net54shared/websize/pete5th.jpg

baez578
08-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Def scam recordings? Hmmm

Here's a "where are they now" piece and Pete's in around 3:35 mark

http://youtu.be/eAZhBA1EBJA

Ease
08-29-2013, 12:17 PM
I hope y'all are kidding about liking 3rd Bass. I thought they were completely wack, and I didn't know anyone else who liked them either. To me they were more of a gimmick than Vanilla Ice himself.

MattyC
08-29-2013, 12:40 PM
At least in NYC, they were nowhere near the joke Ice was. Ice was a clown with one hit that was a total beat bite off Under Pressure. 3rd Bass was legit with Gas Face, Stepping To The AM, Bklyn-Qns, and Derelicts of Dialect-- all solid cuts that still get a modicum of love to this day, whereas Ice's one song is played by not a DJ on earth, except maybe as a nostalgia laugh at a wedding.

Where I was (Bklyn and Manhattan late 80s thru 90s), 3rd Bass was more or less on par with say a Special ED, yeah they fell off the map but the cuts still get love. Ice went out as a gimmick sorta like Fu Schnickens and Das EfX-- though I cant lie who didn't bump Das when they dropped.

Cactus Album is just not put in same bucket as Vanilla Ice, least not to the hardcore hip hop heads I knew/know. But not all areas were feeling the same stuff, of course.

Not by any means saying Bass gets bumped with the likes of Gang Starr or even Masta Ace, just nowhere near Ice.

Al C.risafulli
08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Somehow I don't think this discussion was the OP's intent. :)

-Al

Bpm0014
08-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Matty C, couldn't agree more. But Masta Ace???? Please replace Masta Ace with Eric B and Rakim.... Thanks.

ReefBlue
08-29-2013, 01:02 PM
I still listen to them almost every day. They had a short career, but they were legit.

My favorite song--Product of the Environment.

Derelicts of Dialect was a hot album.

(Ebbets Field/Dodger stuff in Brooklyn Queens video . . .)

Bpm0014
08-29-2013, 01:07 PM
"Pushin' a drug, I can't understand, destroyin' a life for a buck in their hand...."

Kind of fitting for the post I guess...

ReefBlue
08-29-2013, 01:07 PM

-Al

On Corral.net (mustang board), someone mentioned a Vanilla Ice lyric about a Mustang. It turned into complete discussion about his music and all his videos got posted and people started reminiscing about the 90s. Ended up being an awesome thread.

wonkaticket
08-29-2013, 02:43 PM

-Al

+1

z28jd
08-29-2013, 02:54 PM
I may have been the only person who listened to the Dust to Dust tape until it waved the white flag. I still occasionally youtube songs from it.

3rd Bass was waaaay better than Vanilla Ice, they had legit songs and Steppin to the AM got a lot of air play around my hood, not just Gas Face and Pop Goes the Weasel

baez578
08-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Am I the only one interested the OP's reason for the thread?

Leon
08-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Am I the only one interested the OP's reason for the thread?

I will go out on a limb and say it is to expose what and who he really is, if that is the nature of your question (comment)?

baez578
08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I will go out on a limb and say it is to expose what and who he really is, if that is the nature of your question (comment)?

More or less Leon.

Its interesting to see someone with 3 posts comes on here throwing out questions on how Nash obtained certain memorabilia... Implying he perhaps stole them or bought them way under market value (at least I think)

Then, interestingly enough, he plugs his next concert.

I'm guessing that's an attempt at saying he's trying to pay his bills with what little celebrity he has left?

Just seems that OP knows much more and wanted to make Nash sweat a bit.

MattyC
08-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Matty C, couldn't agree more. But Masta Ace???? Please replace Masta Ace with Eric B and Rakim.... Thanks.

Oh most definitely EB and Rakim are in the pantheon-- among the greatest ever, right there at the top. My first gig was actually titled PAID IN FULL!

Leon
08-29-2013, 05:40 PM
More or less Leon.

Its interesting to see someone with 3 posts comes on here throwing out questions on how Nash obtained certain memorabilia... Implying he perhaps stole them or bought them way under market value (at least I think)

Then, interestingly enough, he plugs his next concert.

I'm guessing that's an attempt at saying he's trying to pay his bills with what little celebrity he has left?

Just seems that OP knows much more and wanted to make Nash sweat a bit.

Go to post #157....and there is so, so much more....this will help explain it...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=171957&page=2

z28jd
08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Oh most definitely EB and Rakim are in the pantheon-- among the greatest ever, right there at the top. My first gig was actually titled PAID IN FULL!

You need to stay on topic here, we are talking about 3rd Bass songs :)

PS: I could listen to Don't Sweat the Technique and Know the Ledge over and over and never get tired of them

thetruthisoutthere
08-29-2013, 05:48 PM
The OP has first hand knowledge of Mr. Nash's trade and is quite the collector. I guess we can expect Pete to address this and many others any day now on his website. I mean after all Pete is all about making the hobby a better place right?

Nice to see Pete's trademark cane was replaced by an umbrella from the clubs lost and found, keep on keeping it real Prime Minister Nash..:D

Yes he does.

baez578
08-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Go to post #157....and there is so, so much more....this will help explain it...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=171957&page=2

Bpm0014
08-29-2013, 07:26 PM
My first tapes I ever bought (all at the same time) were: 3rd Bass, Eric B and Rakim, and the greatest rapper ever, D.O.C.

z28jd
08-29-2013, 07:38 PM
My first tapes I ever bought (all at the same time) were: 3rd Bass, Eric B and Rakim, and the greatest rapper ever, D.O.C.

Really, you didn't have to buy anything after D.O.C. because he said no one could do it better. That is some title for a debut album!

Runscott
08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Out of morbid curiosity, I youtube'd 'Pop Goes the Weasel' and 'Gas Face'.

'Pop...' is kind of catchy, but 'Gas face' does nothing for me. 'Stink Face' might have been more interesting.

I watched the Arsenio version of 'Gas...' and found that Nash's band-mates were far more charismatic and interesting, and they had some rhythm. In both videos I felt that Nash was the weakest link in the band. Was he the guy fronting the money, so they had to let him in? :confused:

MattyC
08-29-2013, 08:45 PM
I remember the first rap cut I really played to the tape wore out was Gang Starr's Wordz I Manifest (remix). It was playing on the radio in my pops' car.

That and The Bridge Is Over Live off a BDP tape. I also remember buying sick mix tapes on Astor Place on 8th St after getting haircuts downtown. That's how I first heard Eric B For Prez on one of those tapes.

Takes A Nation and Criminal Minded also were as large as it gets, alongside Follow The Leader, Paid In Full. And EPMD was right there, too.

CharleyBrown
08-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Matt,

I knew you wrote Paid in Full, but didn't know you were a hip hop head (and that there were so many others posting here).

I'm more into 90s hip hop though - Smif N Wessun, Mobb Deep, Nas - still got love for the 80s crowd though.

MattyC
08-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Mobb Deep is a personal favorite.

I'm also huge into Black Moon, Sean Price, Large Professor, Group Home, Jeru... I'm born in 76 so the 90's was primetime for me.

As to S&W...listening to Sound Buoy Bureill (the re-re-edit) right now!

"Now everybody wanna be Don Gaga..."

GoldenAge50s
08-29-2013, 09:40 PM
1st thread I ever read on Net 54 that makes me GLAD I'm old!:)

08-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Net54 members are a varied and interesting bunch.

z28jd
08-29-2013, 09:57 PM

I'm also huge into Black Moon, Sean Price, Large Professor, Group Home, Jeru... I'm born in 76 so the 90's was primetime for me.

As to S&W...listening to Sound Buoy Bureill (the re-re-edit) right now!

"Now everybody wanna be Don Gaga..."

Mobb Deep is great, I go youtube surfing with their songs all the time. Almost always start with Burn

I'm also big on the Clipse for "newer" stuff, but usually stick to the 80's-early 90's stuff.

The first Wu-Tang album will always be my all-time favorite. I bought that tape three times and played each of them until they broke.

Joe_G.
08-29-2013, 11:04 PM
You have surprised me John D. (and others). I thought I'd be the only one on the forum who followed early rap. I was very much into it as the 80s progressed and beyond. I was rather isolated from the music growing up in the Upper Peninsula of MI but became familiar with many of the groups through my complete run of RapMasters cassette tapes :)

Among my favorites . . . Beastie Boys (seen them in concert several times, sadly no more), EPMD, Eric B & Rakim, Doug E Fresh, MARRS (pump up the volume single), D Nice, and even some of the newer artists including Fat Boy Slim and others. Sadly, Columbia House took a chunk out of my OJ funds during my teenager years.

I apologize for the off topic reply but I couldn't resist.

97manoftroy
08-30-2013, 02:13 AM
Wow I have to agree 100 % with Joe G. And I too apologize for going off topic but I Thought for sure I was probably the only one on the board who had a love for 90's hip hop. I'm born and raised in LA (USC grad fight on!) but my hip hop affinity was strictly east coast. Group Home/Tribe/LON'S/Wu/Helta Skelta. I have to say its a great and most pleasent surprise to know that fellow board members are hip hop fans as well as old cardboard junkies! Thanks Leon!

barrysloate
08-30-2013, 04:26 AM
1st thread I ever read on Net 54 that makes me GLAD I'm old!:)

+1 (I'm a 1960's guy).

slidekellyslide
08-30-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm just hoping an East Coast vs West Coast feud doesn't break out here on Net54.

CobbvLajoie1910
08-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Mobb Deep is great, I go youtube surfing with their songs all the time. Almost always start with Burn

I'm also big on the Clipse for "newer" stuff, but usually stick to the 80's-early 90's stuff.

The first Wu-Tang album will always be my all-time favorite. I bought that tape three times and played each of them until they broke.

IMHO, 36 Chambers is one of the greatest records (and I'm all over the place musically)....ever (all genres).

An AMAZING record.

Peter W Thomas
08-30-2013, 06:58 AM
60's guy also (college and HA), but today listening to Nina Simone and Robert Johnson

baez578
08-30-2013, 07:00 AM
I can't believe no ones mentioned Kool Moe Dee and the famous feud with an up and coming LL Cool J.

Eric B and Run DMC are still my favorites from my days growing up in JC... Aka Chilltown

BTW, In my neighborhood, we all hated 3rd Base!!

I feel like everyone on Net54 has come out of their hip hop cocoon on this thread lol.

Bpm0014
08-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Jeru the Damaja! That's a blast from the past. Unbelievable first album, then fell off the face of the earth. How can nobody mention Keith Murray, Geto Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Shabba Ranks, or Nas???? I'm pretty sure Mc Serch from 3rd Bass discovered Nas....

This suddenly became one of the greatest threads ever!

MattyC
08-30-2013, 08:15 AM
I remember when Jeru first came off on COME CLEAN-- I heard it on a late night radio mix. It was the bomb. He'd earlier made a brief appearance on Gang Starr's Daily Operation, on the cut I'm The Man.

Very slept on one hit wonder cut that still gets play is TOP BILLIN by Audio 2.

Yes Wu coming up was a huge event on the timeline: I had the single to Protect Ya Neck with METHOD MAN on the B side.

I also vividly recall when Black Moon first hit with WHO GOT DA PROPS; that first album ENTA DA STAGE was sonically fresh.

Was a place called Bondi's on Park Row by J&R Music World in downtown manhattan where you could always cop a big anticipated release a week early.

In terms of combo of quality and output, KRS/BDP was a real standout with Gang Starr-- so many good whole albums. Who could forget LOVES GONNA GET YA from the former and DWYCK from the latter!

"I got more props and stunts than Bruce Willis..."
"Leaving the bodega I say, 'suave.'"

Tribe was of course awesome and Native Tongues was like its own little sub genre with De La and Black Sheep (anyone remember Chi Ali?).

After I did PAID IN FULL I was working on the sequel for Total Recall for Miramax, and my office was next to one Tip had in the TriBeCa film center. We became quite friendly when we'd see each other out and about, and he was always a really nice, chill guy. Many of those cats are incredibly warm people.

Beastie Boys were always special; also fantastic cats. A life highlight for me was hooping on two occasions with Yauch and Mike D and my buddy-- just running two on twos in the park.

Ease
08-30-2013, 08:40 AM
I always thought Jeru should have been bigger than he was. Seemed like he could never follow up the debut album, and he tried for years.

barrysloate
08-30-2013, 08:46 AM
60's guy also (college and HA), but today listening to Nina Simone and Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson is a 30's guy.:)

MattyC
08-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Interesting thing is he's put out some material-- very indie label stuff, some of it good. I will check but I'm pretty sure some is on iTunes.
Incubating lots of underground artists. Afu-Ra was one of his guys who has a great single from some years back called MIC STANCE.

I remember Jeru did have some pretty good cuts on Wrath Of The Math. But yeah he definitely went deep, deep underground after that.

Ultimately I think he really, genuinely shunned the Bigtime or mainstream and made a conscious career choice to do more indie underground stuff. His strengths and natural style and observations would be like jamming a square peg into a round hole, if he wanted to widen out or up sales. He is kind of a counter weight to the Diddy Cristal Maybach bulls1t materialism that chatacterizes so much rap today.

Same can be said to some extent for Talib Kweli I think.

GoldenAge50s
08-30-2013, 08:59 AM
I think it's fair to say we are more Doo Wop than Hip Hop---Thank God for the Dubs, the 5 Satins, the HillToppers & the Hollywood Flames!

z28jd
08-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Jeru the Damaja! That's a blast from the past. Unbelievable first album, then fell off the face of the earth. How can nobody mention Keith Murray, Geto Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Shabba Ranks, or Nas???? I'm pretty sure Mc Serch from 3rd Bass discovered Nas....

This suddenly became one of the greatest threads ever!

Nas made his debut on Back to the Grill, great song.

Never liked Geto Boys except for the song from Office Space and a couple Scarface singles. It always sounded like they wouldn't lower the mic for Bushwick Bill, so he had to yell into it.

Keith Murray was up there for me, Redman is an all-time favorite and I'll admit that I really liked Das Efx and still listed to them quite often.

Tribe is good and Scenario is one of my favorite songs because I liked them and LONS.

I listened to a lot of Lords of the Underground, mostly their earlier stuff, same for Fu-Shnickens.

The line about Bruce Willis in DWYCK is good, but the line before it is even better, "lemonade is a popular drink and it still is" :)

Whoever said D-Nice brought up a good one. Anyone ever listen to Nine? He didn't have his name in lights for long...

MattyC
08-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Nine is a very deep call-- playing WATCHAWANT right now; that's one of my main running cuts.

Call Me D-Nice is a favorite. Anyone remember the cut with D-Nice and Treach? TIME TO FLOW? That was fire.

Sleeper cut on that Das EfX album is CLAP YA HANDS. Sick beat.

And how can we forget all those amazing Pete Rock Remixes? Shut Em Down Remix? Even Jump Around Remix. Too many. And all those cuts on Mecca & The Soul Brother-- Skinz? The Creator? T.R.O.Y?! That isht was volcanic. Straight magma.

Edit to add:

So here I am listening to JUSSUMMEN (Pete Rock Remix), and what is the lyric I hear?

This just goes to show how even back in 1992, just like now, everyone gives a certain player props...

"I kills'em when I gamble... And when I swings my thing I take a swing like...

http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/mattianc/mickey-mantle/11296/1952-topps-mickey-mantle

97manoftroy
08-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Wow you guys have me going way back!

"Damaging your medulla, cerebrum and cerebellum, you got a crew you better
tell em!"-Keith Murray

Bpm0014
08-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Just call me D-Nice... One of my top 5's of all time!

aquarius31
08-30-2013, 12:02 PM

Now you've got me reminiscing! I saw the the Boot Camp Click with Black Moon and Smiff n Wessun live back in the days...one of the best I've ever been to and those are the true lyrical artists...not the stuff that comes out these days.

How about one hit (or 2) wonders like Kurious...."and the fellas try to dip in the miracle whip!" Plus there's a connection back to 3rd bass :D

Michael B
08-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I can't believe no ones mentioned Kool Moe Dee and the famous feud with an up and coming LL Cool J.

Eric B and Run DMC are still my favorites from my days growing up in JC... Aka Chilltown

BTW, In my neighborhood, we all hated 3rd Base!!

I feel like everyone on Net54 has come out of their hip hop cocoon on this thread lol.

Damn, I saw Kool Moe Dee as a member of the Treacherous Three open up for The Clash on the first night of fourteen during the "On Broadway" shows at Bonds in Times Square in 1981.

Cardboard Junkie
08-30-2013, 01:00 PM
I remember Elvis's hips being censored on Ed Sullivan back in 56. :) Dave

Runscott
08-30-2013, 01:40 PM
+1 (I'm a 1960's guy).

++++++++1

Music made a partial comeback in the early '80s, but it's been a trudge ever since.

buymycards
08-30-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't know what the hell you youngsters are talking about! 90's hip hop?

Remember when the Beatles got off of the plane when they came to America?
Now that was exciting.

barrysloate
08-30-2013, 02:18 PM
I remember.:)

MattyC
08-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Rest assured that being a fan of hip hop does not preclude us youngsters from being avid listeners and huge fans of other genres ;)

For example I have deep collections of classic rock-- Stones, Zeppelin, Clapton, Beatles, even McCartney's efforts, Hendrix, all the way to Clash, Police, etc.

I also let jazz run from Thelonious Monk (alum of my HS) to Cannonball Adderley to Grant Green and then even to Herbie Hancock.

Then there are other greats from Sinatra to Stevie Wonder.

And then you have the 80s pop and English bands, a whole other genre with which I can get down. Especially when American Psycho is playing in the background and it's snowing indoors.

z28jd
08-30-2013, 02:42 PM
I would say at least 95% of the stuff I listen to is rap music, but I am a big fan of CCR, Skynyrd and Sonny Boy Williamson(find a song called Cool Disposition if you don't know him)

Sunny
08-30-2013, 03:39 PM

Good observation about Peter Nash carrying an umbrella on stage instead of his cane. What happen to his cane? I know that Nash sold his Henry Chadwick gold headed cane in Robert Edward Auctions back in 2007 for $7,475 it’s interesting to note this gold headed cane is engraved “Presented to Henry Chadwick by his Brothers, Christmas 1885” which I believe refers to his “Brothers” at the Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22 that Henry Chadwick belong too. Members of the Elks call themselves Brothers and in the late 1800’s it was common that Elks members would receive gold headed canes. See link:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2004/466.html

It’s puzzling why Peter Nash didn’t correct the description of the write up on the Henry Chadwick cane when Robert Edward Auctions sold it. Anybody that has ever read Nash’s Hauls of Shame website can see how Peter Nash can write extreme details about the memorabilia he writes about but why not on this great artifact that belonged to Henry Chadwick that Nash owned. Could it be that Peter Nash is hiding something? When I was a very close friend of Peter Nash’s he told me that when he was a musician he had this barber in Brooklyn that told him about a friend that belonged to an Elks Club in Brooklyn that had a large collection of old painted baseballs and trophies and other stuff. Nash told me it was one of his best finds ever and he scored big on it.
Recently I spoke to Fran Henry, Henry Chadwick’s great, great granddaughter and she told me that when Peter Nash bought a large collection of Henry Chadwick items from her back around 2002 that the Henry Chadwick Gold Headed cane was not part of her collection and that Peter Nash told her that he owned the Henry Chadwick Gold cane for a long time and that he used it in his performances on stage when he was a musician. That would place Peter Nash with the Chadwick cane around 1990. John Thorn, official historian for MLB recently wrote an article about Fran Henry, see link:

http://ourgame.mlblogs.com/2013/07/10/forgotten-boxes-family-and-a-legacy-recalling-henry-chadwick/

So were did Peter Nash get this Chadwick cane from? I guess it was part of the Brooklyn Elks Club collection. Where did Nash get the 1903 World Series baseball that Cy Young owned and donated to the Brooklyn Elks #22 in 1953 which Peter Nash sold in 1994? This same 1903 World Series ball was sold recently by Legendary Auctions for $65,725. Peter Nash where did you get the 2 Abe Yager Brooklyn baseball scrapbooks and the Henry Chadwick framed picture of his gravesite that you gave me as collateral these 3 items are stamped (BPOE No. 22) which means Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22. Where did you get the miscellaneous group of Brooklyn Elks items that you gave me as collateral including the very old gold medal that says” Brooklyn 22 B.P.O. E.” that you gave me as collateral? Maybe the medal was owned by Henry Chadwick? I need to know the provenance of all the collateral you gave me as collateral. Early this year you refused to give me provenance on the Ed Delahanty bat. As you are aware I spoke to Jerry Casway that wrote the book “Ed Delahanty in the Emerald Age of Baseball” Mr. Casway told me you are friends with him and that you speak with him about once a week for the past three years. Mr. Casway told me the Delahanty bat is real but you refused to tell him the provenance of the Delehanty bat. Where did you get Ed Delahanty's 1887 pocket watch that's now in "The National Pastime Museum”? Not giving me provenance makes no sense! It’s obviously in Roxanne Nash’s best interest and yours to sell the collateral items at the highest price possible to reduce your debt. My wife, Lisa and I have a large Judgment against you and your wife, Roxanne totaling over $475,000 when adding on the 8 ½ % interest accruing on the Judgment. Peter Nash please send me a detail list of the provenance of all the collateral you gave me. For instance I need the provenance of the George Wright old timer’s reunion hat you gave me as collateral. Although it make no sense for you not to give me the provenance but if don’t I will depose you and Roxanne for an asset deposition and in the end you will pay for any legal expenses I incur because I have the right to go back to the judge and ask for legal fees and cost. Peter Nash you have been Order by the judge to return the 1912 Red Sox World Series Player Diamond Stickpin that you stole from my wife, Lisa and I. As you are aware you gave this 1912 WS gold diamond stickpin to Al Angelo as collateral and also gave the 1868 Albumen photo of Brooklyn Atlantics to Mr. Angelo as collateral. I want both items returned immediately. I have a legal document signed by you and Mr. Angelo that says Mr. Angelo has those items. In your deposition in June of 2009 you stated that Al Angelo has the 1912 WS diamond stickpin.

By the way Peter Nash I’ve been in touch with Katherine Dooley’s law firm and they have supplied me with some documents including your receipt of 54 items that you bought from Katherine Dooley for $25,000 and a receipt for when you purchased the 2 scrapbooks for $1,000 given to her father by John Drohan. So please don’t be afraid to give me provenance of the McGreevy items and other items you gave me as collateral that you acquired from the Dooley family. The cat is out of the bag! No reason to plead the fifth this time! Just thing how much you could have sold that Hugh Duffy 1898 trophy for if you had told the truth! What about the Babe Ruth signed Mitt or the Mike Kelly bat or Hugh Duffy bat or the Cap Anson bat that Nuf Ced McGreevy once owned. Why did you plead the fifth, it make no sense! Where you afraid to tell people that the old lady was giving you stuff? I saw Katherine Dooley give you some items in August of 2007 when you and I were at her house in Milton, MA with the film crew. Bottom line Peter Nash you need to the truth!

barrysloate
08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Amazing!

Deertick
08-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Has anyone seen "White Betsy"?

slidekellyslide
08-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Good observation about Peter Nash carrying an umbrella on stage instead of his cane. What happen to his cane? I know that Nash sold his Henry Chadwick gold headed cane in Robert Edward Auctions back in 2007 for $7,475 it’s interesting to note this gold headed cane is engraved “Presented to Henry Chadwick by his Brothers, Christmas 1885” which I believe refers to his “Brothers” at the Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22 that Henry Chadwick belong too. Members of the Elks call themselves Brothers and in the late 1800’s it was common that Elks members would receive gold headed canes. See link:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2004/466.html

It’s puzzling why Peter Nash didn’t correct the description of the write up on the Henry Chadwick cane when Robert Edward Auctions sold it. Anybody that has ever read Nash’s Hauls of Shame website can see how Peter Nash can write extreme details about the memorabilia he writes about but why not on this great artifact that belonged to Henry Chadwick that Nash owned. Could it be that Peter Nash is hiding something? When I was a very close friend of Peter Nash’s he told me that when he was a musician he had this barber in Brooklyn that told him about a friend that belonged to an Elks Club in Brooklyn that had a large collection of old painted baseballs and trophies and other stuff. Nash told me it was one of his best finds ever and he scored big on it.
Recently I spoke to Fran Henry, Henry Chadwick’s great, great granddaughter and she told me that when Peter Nash bought a large collection of Henry Chadwick items from her back around 2002 that the Henry Chadwick Gold Headed cane was not part of her collection and that Peter Nash told her that he owned the Henry Chadwick Gold cane for a long time and that he used it in his performances on stage when he was a musician. That would place Peter Nash with the Chadwick cane around 1990. John Thorn, official historian for MLB recently wrote an article about Fran Henry, see link:

http://ourgame.mlblogs.com/2013/07/10/forgotten-boxes-family-and-a-legacy-recalling-henry-chadwick/

So were did Peter Nash get this Chadwick cane from? I guess it was part of the Brooklyn Elks Club collection. Where did Nash get the 1903 World Series baseball that Cy Young owned and donated to the Brooklyn Elks #22 in 1953 which Peter Nash sold in 1994? This same 1903 World Series ball was sold recently by Legendary Auctions for $65,725. Peter Nash where did you get the 2 Abe Yager Brooklyn baseball scrapbooks and the Henry Chadwick framed picture of his gravesite that you gave me as collateral these 3 items are stamped (BPOE No. 22) which means Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22. Where did you get the miscellaneous group of Brooklyn Elks items that you gave me as collateral including the very old gold medal that says” Brooklyn 22 B.P.O. E.” that you gave me as collateral? Maybe the medal was owned by Henry Chadwick? I need to know the provenance of all the collateral you gave me as collateral. Early this year you refused to give me provenance on the Ed Delahanty bat. As you are aware I spoke to Jerry Casway that wrote the book “Ed Delahanty in the Emerald Age of Baseball” Mr. Casway told me you are friends with him and that you speak with him about once a week for the past three years. Mr. Casway told me the Delahanty bat is real but you refused to tell him the provenance of the Delehanty bat. Where did you get the Ed Delahanty pocket Watch that now is in the “National Past Time Museum”? Not giving me provenance makes no sense! It’s obviously in Roxanne Nash’s best interest and yours to sell the collateral items at the highest price possible to reduce your debt. My wife, Lisa and I have a large Judgment against you and your wife, Roxanne totaling over $475,000 when adding on the 8 ½ % interest accruing on the Judgment. Peter Nash please send me a detail list of the provenance of all the collateral you gave me. For instance I need the provenance of the George Wright old timer’s reunion hat you gave me as collateral. Although it make no sense for you not to give me the provenance but if don’t I will depose you and Roxanne for an asset deposition and in the end you will pay for any legal expenses I incur because I have the right to go back to the judge and ask for legal fees and cost. Peter Nash you have been Order by the judge to return the 1912 Red Sox World Series Player Diamond Stickpin that you stole from my wife, Lisa and I. As you are aware you gave this 1912 WS gold diamond stickpin to Al Angelo as collateral and also gave the 1868 Albumen photo of Brooklyn Atlantics to Mr. Angelo as collateral. I want both items returned immediately. I have a legal document signed by you and Mr. Angelo that says Mr. Angelo has those items. In your deposition in June of 2009 you stated that Al Angelo has the 1912 WS diamond stickpin.
By the way Peter Nash I’ve been in touch with Katherine Dooley’s law firm and they have supplied me with some documents including your receipt of 54 items that you bought from Katherine Dooley for $25,000 and a receipt for when you purchased the 2 scrapbooks for $1,000 given to her father by John Drohan. So please don’t be afraid to give me provenance of the McGreevy items and other items you gave me as collateral that you acquired from the Dooley family. The cat is out of the bag! No reason to plead the fifth this time! Just thing how much you could have sold that Hugh Duffy 1898 trophy for if you had told the truth! What about the Babe Ruth signed Mitt or the Mike Kelly bat or Hugh Duffy bat or the Cap Anson bat that Nuf Ced McGreevy once owned. Why did you plead the fifth, it make no sense! Where you afraid to tell people that the old lady was giving you stuff? I saw Katherine Dooley give you some items in August of 2007 when you and I were at her house in Milton, MA with the film crew. Bottom line Peter Nash you need to the truth!

Thank you for posting this information...perhaps it is enough to get the few Net54 members who are supporting Nash with info or constantly linking to his website to stop. Perhaps it's also enough to get this thread back on track.

rc4157
08-30-2013, 04:51 PM
OK, I read some of the early threads on this and then came back to it today.

I'm with the oldies.....Beatles, Elvis. etc.....

I have no idea who some of these other performers are/were....it will probably stay that way.
RC

Al C.risafulli
08-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Pop-pop goes the weasel.

-Al

wonkaticket
08-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Robert, great post. Hopefully you can be made solid on this mess one day shame you as a collector have been a victim of such bad stuff. Not to mention the threats about folks coming to "break your legs" correct?

Also those great photos that seemed to not add up from our good pal Mr. Nash.

Seems our white knight of hobby cleanup is rather dirty and like many of the trophy balls he once owned quite tarnished.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I’ll be on the lookout for the Henry Chadwick umbrella soon. :)

Runscott
08-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Pop-pop goes the weasel.

-Al

'cause the weasel goes pop?

The weasel in question definitely needs to go 'pop'.

PhilNap
08-30-2013, 09:47 PM
What? No love for Big Daddy Kane from this crew?

Sunny
08-31-2013, 01:15 AM
Robert, great post. Hopefully you can be made solid on this mess one day shame you as a collector have been a victim of such bad stuff. Not to mention the threats about folks coming to "break your legs" correct?

Also those great photos that seemed to not add up from our good pal Mr. Nash.

Seems our white knight of hobby cleanup is rather dirty and like many of the trophy balls he once owned quite tarnished.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I’ll be on the lookout for the Henry Chadwick umbrella soon. :)

John, it is true that Peter Nash did threaten me to have my legs broken because my wife, Lisa and I refused to sell the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy to him and McGreevy’s Bar in Boston, MA. (Nash has a minority stake in McGreevy’s bar). Here are a few paragraphs from the lawsuit which was a verified complaint when we sued the Nash’s.

69. Nash told Robert that the Frasers would make a “great profit” by selling the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy to him, as he would pay the most because he needed to have it for McGreevy’s.

70. Robert told Nash that he and Lisa had decided to put the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy up for auction to obtain the best price possible.

71. Nash became extremely angry and threatened Robert, saying that if the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy were not sold to him he would “send someone to break your legs”. (The threat was reported to law enforcement authorities.) Nash went on to state, “If you put the [1912 Red Sox World Series] Trophy up for auction, I will interfere with the sale.”

It should be noted that Nash lied to his partners at McGreevy’s by claiming he owned 50% of the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy. The truth is Nash had no ownership in the trophy and he was worried that his partners would sue or remove him for lying to them about the true ownership of the 1912 trophy.

The email below is an Exhibit Peter Nash used in a Certification to the court. He wanted Ken Casey one his partners at McGreevy’s Bar to testify to this audio tape/transcript. (Ken Casey is the singer for the Dropkick Murphys). Ken Casey must have been delighted that Peter Nash wanted him to testify to this audio tape/transcript. It’s shocking that Nash could actually think that this statement could help him, it only helped my lawsuit. In plain English it’s delusional! Definition of delusional in the Encarta Dictionary: English (North America)

1. False belief - a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric condition

2. Mistaken notion - a false or mistaken belief or idea about something

To: "Erin l. Henderson" <Erin@cslawllc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:43 AM
Subject: Audio Tape/transcript
Erin,
The audio tape with the phone voice mail from my partner Ken Casey took place on Saturday April 19th, 2008 at 4:24 pm FROM xxx-xxx-xxxx. (22 SECONDS)

Vice Mail Transcript:

Ken Casey: Pete, it's Kenny. I got that 150 cash. let's get down there with a f**kin bag of money and a baseball bat and a f**kin pen and a piece of paper. Give me a call back.

Peter

PS I have the tape, don't have a dupe deck?

Rich Klein
08-31-2013, 02:47 AM
But love certain songs from the 60's
=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvMBxlu62c0

wonkaticket
08-31-2013, 03:33 AM
Unreal Robert, I heard rough details but that's crazy. Hopefully when folks stop talking music they will take notice of what you have shared here. It's really quite the insight into Mr. Nash.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers,

John

slidekellyslide
08-31-2013, 05:16 AM
Let's stop talking about music in this thread and keep it on track please.

frankbmd
08-31-2013, 05:57 AM
Let's stop talking about music in this thread and keep it on track please.

To explain further this means that Dan wants

more Blood, Sweat & Tears

instead of

more Blood, Sweat & Tears,

I think.:D

Disclaimer: Wrong era and genre, but so I am.:cool:

Rich Klein
08-31-2013, 06:36 AM
but because the music background is how Peter did make his money, discussion about his music (and other music) is fine in this thread. There is fascinating reading about Peter but unless he comes and says something (doubtful) we're gong to talk about his songs. No real harm, no real foul

Couple more links to songs about judges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdF7o08KXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GMUlCBgd0 -- I like this version as the guilt is admitted

Rich

Leon
08-31-2013, 06:48 AM
but because the music background is how Peter did make his money, discussion about his music (and other music) is fine in this thread. There is fascinating reading about Peter but unless he comes and says something (doubtful) we're gong to talk about his songs. No real harm, no real foul

Couple more links to songs about judges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdF7o08KXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GMUlCBgd0 -- I like this version as the guilt is admitted

Rich

No Rich, If a moderator says lets get back on track then we should get back on track. I do agree that Peter's music was brought into this by the OP so that is probably ok, but other music should be for another thread, (especially now since a moderator has asked to get back on subject).

slidekellyslide
08-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Yes, we know he was once a famous hip hop artist, but his music is inconsequential to this thread. A man who was threatened, conned and stole from has come to Net54 to lay out his side of the story and I'd like it to stay away from music. For whatever reason Nash still has his fans on this board who want to look past his transgressions and some of these people are lending their services, opinions and knowledge to Nash....some anonymously and some don't mind having their name used as a source. I'd like them to see exactly who they are dealing with. Anyone wanting to talk hip hop is free to use the watercooler section.

benjulmag
08-31-2013, 08:26 AM
No Rich, If a moderator says lets get back on track then we should get back on track. I do agree that Peter's music was brought into this by the OP so that is probably ok, but other music should be for another thread, (especially now since a moderator has asked to get back on subject).

+1

benjulmag
08-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Yes, we know he was once a famous hip hop artist, but his music is inconsequential to this thread. A man who was threatened, conned and stole from has come to Net54 to lay out his side of the story and I'd like it to stay away from music. For whatever reason Nash still has his fans on this board who want to look past his transgressions and some of these people are lending their services, opinions and knowledge to Nash....some anonymously and some don't mind having their name used as a source. I'd like them to see exactly who they are dealing with. Anyone wanting to talk hip hop is free to use the watercooler section.

+1

Rich Klein
08-31-2013, 08:29 AM
The music discussion is important on a general level to understand some of Pete's motives.

One important characteristic of the modern "hip-hip" era is a denial of responsibility when something goes wrong. That is true of non-singers as well. Look at all of the professional athletes who come up with the great excuses when they are caught with a positive drug test

In the hip-hop and rap culture fostered in the early 1990's by groups such as 3rd Base, that same natural selection of "I'm famous, you can not touch me" began.

I don't think we can argue that Peter is a devoted baseball fan and a very dedicated researcher in baseball history and the memorabilia. There is also very little doubt that Peter, as Leon posted in a great thread in the Autograph area, even when found accountable in a court of law has never honored any of those decisions. Leon, to his credit, has and that is a major difference between these two people. I'd use men but that would be an insult to Leon to put Nash in the same league as him.

The fact is we have someone who is willing to come out and sign his name (a rule in this board) to a possibily ignitable thread. The other fact is we know what we are dealing with when it comes to Peter's background and not much can be added.

I will also note that despite my repeated comments -- the Last Names were not added. as per board rules on this thread

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174608

I see that in a thread that calls out a dealer by name for trimming and has gone in many directions the full names are still not added to the thread. Me thinks a little moderation on certain subjects might help :D

And note, despite the earlier comments, the full names were not put in this thread either

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174881&page=2

Regards
Rich

MattyC
08-31-2013, 10:09 AM
One important characteristic of the modern "hip-hip" era is a denial of responsibility when something goes wrong.
Rich

Professor,

Thanks for imparting your deep knowledge (or is it just a sweeping generalization?) of the hip hop era. I surmise you came to this epiphany by listening to tons of KRS?

The denial of responsibility is an individual choice, not a trait of fans of a specific type of music. One could just as easily argue the denial of responsibility was alive and well in the stoner ethos of the 70's.

You also said:

"In the hip-hop and rap culture fostered in the early 1990's by groups such as 3rd Base, that same natural selection of "I'm famous, you can not touch me" began. "

Awkward phrasing aside (natural selection?), the famous began feeling untouchable long before 1990.

Deertick
08-31-2013, 10:24 AM
To: "Erin l. Henderson" <Erin@cslawllc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:43 AM
Subject: Audio Tape/transcript
Erin,
The audio tape with the phone voice mail from my partner Ken Casey took place on Saturday April 19th, 2008 at 4:24 pm FROM xxx-xxx-xxxx. (22 SECONDS)

Vice Mail Transcript:

Ken Casey: Pete, it's Kenny. I got that 150 cash. let's get down there with a f**kin bag of money and a baseball bat and a f**kin pen and a piece of paper. Give me a call back.

Peter

PS I have the tape, don't have a dupe deck?

Robert,
Isn't it time to let bygones be bygones? I mean, in a week it will be TWO years ago!! People change! Peter changed! He is a Crusader For All That Is Good And Ethical.

Now back off or else. I can still swing a bat and I could use the money, if you know what I mean. ;)

Cardboard Junkie
08-31-2013, 10:31 AM
"One important characteristic of the modern 'hip hop' era is a denial of responsibility when something goes wrong." Rich Klein (DICK)

Rich Klein
08-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Like I always tell you, being insulted by you is a badge of honor as you obviously have nothing better to do with your time but be a trouble maker who has already been booted off the board once and is well on a way to a 2nd boot

Rich

drcy
08-31-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm not into rap and have no insightful opinion on that genre for or against, but should note, before we have too many stereotypes about musical types, that last week I saw an interview with the deceased Metal Goth singer Peter Steele in which he said he thought kids today spend too much time spend too much time playing video and it's important for parents to spend more time with their kids. He also said his favorite job he ever had was working for the New York City parks department, and he was very proud when he was promoted to a parks supervisor position.

So the person doesn't always match the persona. In fact, he said his formidable stage act was just that, an act, and in real life he was just a big kid with a shy streak.

oldjudge
08-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Help me with the new facts disclosed here. Peter Nash bought some memorabilia from a Brooklyn Elks club and a relative of Henry Chadwick. James wanted to know the provenance of some collateral he took from Peter Nash long after he took the collateral (why wouldn't he ask before he took it). Peter Nash allegedly threatened James. Am I missing any of the facts? BTW, I have always liked "Product of the Environment" as well as "Brooklyn-Queens".

Cardboard Junkie
08-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Like I always tell you, being insulted by you is a badge of honor as you obviously have nothing better to do with your time but be a trouble maker who has already been booted off the board once and is well on a way to a 2nd boot

Rich

You keep saying that Dick, but it is YOU who got schooled by the mods in this thread. BTW just because I disagree with you doesnt mean I'm insulting you. Dave.

Runscott
08-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Help me with the new facts disclosed here. Peter Nash bought some memorabilia from a Brooklyn Elks club and a relative of Henry Chadwick. James wanted to know the provenance of some collateral he took from Peter Nash long after he took the collateral (why wouldn't he ask before he took it). Peter Nash allegedly threatened James. Am I missing any of the facts? BTW, I have always liked "Product of the Environment" as well as "Brooklyn-Queens".

Jay, I wouldn't ask you (or anyone else who I respect and might do a huge business deal with) for provenance of any collateral you gave me, but if I found out later that you were a lying thief and that I might be about to experience semi-financial ruin because of your dishonesty, I'd probably want to start getting my ducks lined up in a row.

oldjudge
08-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Scott--I agree on cards and maybe photographs, but on memorabilia I would always ask for provenance, no matter where I was getting it, and especially if it was to be used as collateral.

Runscott
08-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Scott--I agree on cards and maybe photographs, but on memorabilia I would always ask for provenance, no matter where I was getting it, and especially if it was to be used as collateral.

Yes, I guess I have to agree with you, especially since even honest people can make mistakes. My guess would be that Nash provided 'enough' provenance to satisfy anyone who already trusted him. For instance, that collection of balls in the grandfather clock (what a laugher!!!!) - I'm sure there was some sort of letter associated with it, but obviously it was all bullshit.

BTW, do you remember us discussing that in here? That was a good time. I would love to find that old thread - I brought up that it looked like a grandfather clock to me, but I don't remember the thoughts of others.

Cardboard Junkie
08-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Yeah! Didn't it turn out that the "case" was ultimately identified as part of a grandfather clock or a case for something other than trophy balls? Dave

Runscott
08-31-2013, 01:23 PM
BAM!

Wow - I took credit for an idea that JAY actually came up with :p

This thread has it all: 'where is the provenance?', etc:

2003 Net 54 discussion about 1869 Red Stockings Clock Full 'o Balls (http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1061930047/1062096119/Holy+Smokes%21%21%21++%24400%2C000%2B++for+one+ite m--)

Cardboard Junkie
08-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Ten Years After.......there I worked in a musical reference and it remains relevant to the mentioned thread!:) Dave.

wonkaticket
08-31-2013, 01:39 PM

Big +1

travrosty
08-31-2013, 01:54 PM
The thread was a bust so it needed moderator intervention.

wonkaticket
08-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Robert,
Isn't it time to let bygones be bygones? I mean, in a week it will be TWO years ago!! People change! Peter changed! He is a Crusader For All That Is Good And Ethical.

Now back off or else. I can still swing a bat and I could use the money, if you know what I mean. ;)

Jim, the above Nash is a “Crusader for All” is meant to be tongue and cheek correct? :confused: Also for the record, if somebody threatened to break my legs, and ripped me off not sure why I would need to let it go two years later or ever for that matter. Not letting these little gems go doesn’t make Robert a bad man here how can anyone in there right mind turn that around on him? He’s a victim of this set of circumstances not the perpetrator. Again if you were joking please ignore.

If not and you're sincere in your statement then I have to wonder how you or anyone else can support someone who is so quick to point everyone else’s frauds yet won’t come clean on his own.

As said a million times all of which seem to fall on deaf ears both Peter’s and his fans.

When Peter comes clean, pays his bills or makes a real attempt to. Faces his legal issues head on vs. hiding and taking the fifth. Then and only then after that little baptism by fire will I consider defending Peter Nash’s new turned over leaf and self-appointed position of “hobby crusader”. Until then he’s just a another conman who is putting up smoke screens to draw attention away from his own current issues and abysmal past.

joeadcock
08-31-2013, 02:31 PM
When Peter comes clean, pays his bills or makes a real attempt to. Faces his legal issues head on vs. hiding and taking the fifth. Then and only then after that little baptism by fire will I consider defending Peter Nash’s new turned over leaf and self-appointed position of “hobby crusader”. Until then he’s just a another conman who is putting up smoke screens to draw attention away from his own current issues and abysmal past.

Having now spent a bit of time reading this and prior thread about Mr. Nash, it would seem coming clean, via forms mentioned above would be his redemption...........as mentioned in the Bible, knowledge of past deeds means you must try and fix them as humanely possible before moving on(so to speak). Otherwise, trust is lacking.

Dont know anything about these groups mentioned above. Out in Florida, didn't hear much about them........some of my faves:GTR and Expose(in love with them during the post disco days).

Deertick
08-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Jim, the above Nash is a “Crusader for All” is meant to be tongue and cheek correct? :confused: Also for the record, if somebody threatened to break my legs, and ripped me off not sure why I would need to let it go two years later or ever for that matter. Not letting these little gems go doesn’t make Robert a bad man here how can anyone in there right mind turn that around on him? He’s a victim of this set of circumstances not the perpetrator. Again if you were joking please ignore.

If not and you're sincere in your statement then I have to wonder how you or anyone else can support someone who is so quick to point everyone else’s frauds yet won’t come clean on his own.

As said a million times all of which seem to fall on deaf ears both Peter’s and his fans.

:D

btcarfagno
08-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Wait a minute. Hold up. If I spent the 90's listening to retro swing and ska from bands like Squirrel Nut Zippers and Dem Brooklyn Bums and Indigo Swing and Lee Press On And The Nails etc....

....does that make me a loser? No? Who's with me? Squirrel Nut Zippers? Anyone?

Maybe not.

Tom C

judsonhamlin
08-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Loved the Squirrel Nut Zippers and the ska revival - reel big fish, save ferris, etc...

To get back to the thread, I fully understand the "send a thief to catch a thief" which is a necessary evil for law enforcement agencies, but it seems Nash has gone beneath and beyond what is tolerable.

joeadcock
08-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Does anyone remember the Rossington Collins Band, Sniff 'n tears, Great White? I just dont follow with these groups? Never herd of them. Must be an old man.

thetruthisoutthere
08-31-2013, 06:38 PM
The thread was a bust.

Sort of like your below "deflection" thread, Travis...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174807

thetruthisoutthere
08-31-2013, 06:43 PM

Travis thinks this thread is a bust because of the criticism directed towards Peter Nash.

Travis does the same thing when Todd Mueller is the subject of criticism.

Sunny
09-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Unreal Robert, I heard rough details but that's crazy. Hopefully when folks stop talking music they will take notice of what you have shared here. It's really quite the insight into Mr. Nash.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers,

John

John, I would like to share more insight about Peter Nash but in reality I would have to write a book to tell you everything. I guess a good name for the book would be "Peter Nash the Bernie Madoff of Baseball Memorabilia". I first met Peter Nash in the summer of 1995 at his “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY. I was visiting my best friend that owns a house in Cooperstown and this friend was dating Peter Nash's sister in law, Rochelle. My friend became close friends with Mr. Nash and so did I. I was friends with Peter Nash for 13 years and we were very close friends for about 10 of those years until Mr. Nash threaten to have my legs broken because I wouldn't sell the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy to him. It was like he turned into the devil! It was unbelievable! The sound of his voice was pure evil! From that day on our friendship was over! We were such good friends, I trusted him with the keys of my house and whenever he was in the area he would sleep over. When my wife, Lisa and I put the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy up for sale Nash interfered with the sale and he did this knowing that my wife had breast cancer. And to make matters worst I found out that Nash had a fraudulent sale agreement that he had signed saying he had purchased the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy. We also found out that Nash had stolen 6 items from us when my wife, Lisa and I purchased the 1912 WS Trophy. Those items stolen were 5 original 1912 world series photos and a 1912 World Series gold diamond stickpin. The Judge Order Nash to return the stolen items to us. The 5 photos have been returned to us by Nash's previous attorney but the 1912 gold diamond stickpin has not been returned. I guess criminal charges will have to be filed! I'm tired and going to bed I'll post more when I get a chance.

wonkaticket
09-02-2013, 03:46 AM
Wow, I don't know what to say Robert other than I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that. It must have been a nightmare. Shame that something that should be fun turned so vile.

I do really thank you for posting this I think its good for folks to hear about what kind of guy Peter has been or still is. For his fans I wonder why the silence from Peter? If somebody was on here telling folks I was trying to break folks legs and stealing stuff and it wasn't true I would be clearing the air ASAP. However just crickets from the Nash camp...why is that I wonder?

Cheers,

John

the 'stache
09-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Good God. I guess I have lived a very sheltered life, that I've been lucky enough to never encounter somebody like this guy.

Robert, I hope you get your stickpin back, and right quick. As for Nash....well, I am a serious believer in karma. It sounds like he has a lot of it coming his way. And I hope it plays out in the public where we all can enjoy it.

Sunny
09-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say Robert other than I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that. It must have been a nightmare. Shame that something that should be fun turned so vile.

I do really thank you for posting this I think its good for folks to hear about what kind of guy Peter has been or still is. For his fans I wonder why the silence from Peter? If somebody was on here telling folks I was trying to break folks legs and stealing stuff and it wasn't true I would be clearing the air ASAP. However just crickets from the Nash camp...why is that I wonder?

Cheers,

John

Hi John,

In regards to the 1912 World Series gold diamond stickpin there’s a lot more to the story. Not only did Peter Nash steal the rare stickpin and five 1912 World Series photos from me, Nash used these items, amongst other memorabilia, including an 1868 Albumen Photo of the Brooklyn Atlantics that Peter Nash also stole from me as collateral to borrow approximately $52,000 from Al Angelo. Nash used this money to pay back the $52,000 his father took from Bishop Ford Catholic high School’s building fund. Peter Nash’s father took the money to stop Peter Nash‘s house from being foreclosed on in upstate NY. Peter Nash has not repaid Al Angelo’s money. See link below, article from NY daily news:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/bishop-ford-hs-coach-ray-nash-dragged-ugly-legal-battle-involving-loan-son-peter-nash-article-1.165416

Although the five 1912 World Series photos have been returned to me by Al Angelo’s and Peter Nash’s former attorney Wolfgang Heimerl the rare 1912 gold diamond World Series stickpin and the rare 1868 Albumen Photo of the Brooklyn Atlantics have not been return. Al Angelo has been uncooperative in my collection efforts in returning the 2 remaining stolen items and Peter Nash has been silent. Peter Nash can write volumes about other people’s memorabilia on his Hauls of Shame website but he doesn’t do anything about returning stolen property that was stolen by him. Below is a photo of the rare 1912 World Series gold diamond stickpin that Peter Nash stole.

wonkaticket
09-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Robert, it’s just gets weirder and weirder the more I hear about Peter. How deep is this guy’s hole and where does it stop. Meanwhile the board is a blaze with folks selling 70’s wrappers & gum but for the most part crickets on this. Not a shot at anyone but I just hope members are really digesting what you are sharing here.

I also hope that perhaps some of Peter’s big fans at least take a moment to scratch their collective heads on their champion.

As always thank you for sharing I know I’m not alone in the fact that you have taken time to share these stories with us all, as I’m sure it’s no fun reliving the nightmare that has and continues to be your relationship with Pete.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Sorry to rub it in but that pin is amazing ughh so sorry it's been taken from you.

Sunny
09-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Robert, it’s just gets weirder and weirder the more I hear about Peter. How deep is this guy’s hole and where does it stop. Meanwhile the board is a blaze with folks selling 70’s wrappers & gum but for the most part crickets on this. Not a shot at anyone but I just hope members are really digesting what you are sharing here.

I also hope that perhaps some of Peter’s big fans at least take a moment to scratch their collective heads on their champion.

As always thank you for sharing I know I’m not alone in the fact that you have taken time to share these stories with us all, as I’m sure it’s no fun reliving the nightmare that has and continues to be your relationship with Pete.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Sorry to rub it in but that pin is amazing ughh so sorry it's been taken from you.

Hi John,

The 1912 World Series stickpin that Peter Nash stole from me is rare and very valuable. These stickpins were given to the players that won the World Series from as early as 1909 to as late as 1919. Hall of Famer Edd Roush has his 1919 World Series gold diamond stickpin on display at the Cincinnati Reds Museum. Many of the players converted the head of the stickpin into a ring or brooch. Here is what Edd Roush’s wife had to say about her husband’s World Series stickpin.

“Essie remembered the 1919 diamond stickpin they had given the players. Some of the wives had converted the head of the stickpin to a ring, or a bangle on their charm bracelet. Essie thought it would be ostentatious to wear it, so it lay all alone in the safety deposit box at the bank. It was hidden away, like the memory of that "Black Sox" World Series, a symbol of embarrassment.” Below is a photo of Edd Roush’s 1919 World Series diamond stickpin.

Runscott
09-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Thieves are thieves - there is no convincing them that honesty is the correct way to live their lives. Same thing for people who make excuses for them.

The really positive thing about threads like this is that we find out more about people through their comments about the thieves, and we learn who to avoid like the plague. They simply can't hide their spots from us, because they have no idea that their behavior is not correct.

Ease
09-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Well said Scott. I feel terrible for participating in the rap discussion in this thread, this is some serious heavy stuff here not to be taken lightly. Thank you for telling us the story Robert, and I hope someday you get your pin and albumen photo back, or at least get to see Nash brought to justice.

travrosty
09-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Travis thinks this thread is a bust because of the criticism directed towards Peter Nash.

Travis does the same thing when Todd Mueller is the subject of criticism.

Non i dont , when you start a todd mueller thread, which i have never seen you do, i dont care and its fine, why dont you go ahead, would that one be a bust too, yes.

travrosty
09-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Cheers,

John

Are you on record saying the same type of thing about mike guttierez and the hof? Just curious if you are consistent.

Runscott
09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Another absurd deflection.

I wonder if you would accept the same sort of response out of your child if he/she got caught stealing?

Apparently for Travis, if one person does something criminal, that gives everyone else the right. Thanks, Travis, for inventing 'social misbehavior inflation.'

wonkaticket
09-06-2013, 12:27 PM
This new post just shows you how desperate and sad Pete is. Now even Barry and I have made the Hauls of Shame or as I like to call it smoke screen central. I also love that my pic of Barry as James Bond is what Nash is using to out the evil person that Barry is. :)

http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/junkforumimages/Barry%20Royale.jpg

This week its beat up on dead Bruce. Bring up Rob Lifson once again yawn. Slam Robert Fraiser the guy I stole from.

Pete I want to help you here on this because I too worry about all of your past actions catching up with you. I agree this whole posing as a hobby crusader behind a website in cyberspace is your best option.

I mean who would want to come clean pay their bills, return stolen items, point out fraudulent items one had firsthand knowledge of and be a man. Then one could start in on other fraudsters as a retired come clean hobby knight who has made good on his mistakes. Yeah that’s for the birds brother I’m with you website and smoke screens way better. :rolleyes:

My only concern is I’m going to continue to ask questions about why folks listen to you so are others. So when you get to folks like me who don’t have any criminal records or shady dirt in their past to draw attention away from their questions directed towards you what will you do? :confused:

So I thought at least for me I’d give you some ammo to help you out.

Issues that I don’t have so these are out sorry.

• No convictions or run in with the law, ok that speeding ticket in 1998 55 in a 45 what the heck was I thinking!
• Can cross state lines no outstanding arrest warrants.
• No garnish of wages from me or my corporations due to lost civil cases and damages.
• No history or rumors of me selling or trading in stolen or fake merchandise.
• No family history of my dad stealing for me so he could pay my bills.
• No drug dealing convictions from my youth.
• No issues or items from the NYPL in my hands or thru my hands.

Issues I do or did have.

• Told a few off color jokes in my day.
• About 20lbs over weight working on it but hey open game for now.
• One time I left my grocery store and realized I had placed a head of cabbage in my bag without scanning it at self-check out with the other $148.34 worth of food. Haunts me to this day.
• I have looked at internet porn, I enjoyed some of it. (If you need a list of the stuff I liked vs. that I didn’t I can provide a list if needed.)
• I have used the term midget before.

So based off of this the next post on your website should be something like this.

“Not surprisingly, he has been embraced by fellow ex-felons like ex-drug dealer Leon Luckey and other Rob Lifson fan-boys like John McDaniel III a cabbage stealing internet porn addicted over weight midget hating off color joke telling collector and Brooklyn dealer Barry Sloate.

Pete I hope this helps you out and keep up the good fight.

Cheers,

John

sago
09-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Non i dont , when you start a todd mueller thread, which i have never seen you do, i dont care and its fine, why dont you go ahead, would that one be a bust too, yes.

How is this thread a bust? Dude, you are quickly moving from sycophant to martyr to pariah. Once Nash finally gets what is coming to him in terms of civil penalties and possible jail time, you will look even more foolish. I suggest giving up the kool-aid for awhile.

D@vid D@vis

oldjudge
09-06-2013, 01:32 PM
John--cabbage stealing coupled with Internet porn. Did that all lead to this?

slidekellyslide
09-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Are you on record saying the same type of thing about mike guttierez and the hof? Just curious if you are consistent.

We know YOU are not consistent....you haven't said a single negative word about Peter Nash...instead you share info with him and proudly post links to his website. Just another case of your appalling hypocrisy.

tschock
09-06-2013, 03:44 PM
So based off of this the next post on your website should be something like this.

“Not surprisingly, he has been embraced by fellow ex-felons like ex-drug dealer Leon Luckey and other Rob Lifson fan-boys like John McDaniel III a cabbage stealing internet porn addicted over weight midget hating off color joke telling collector and Brooklyn dealer Barry Sloate.John

John,

Great setup! I literally did LOL on this one. :)

wonkaticket
09-06-2013, 05:17 PM
John--cabbage stealing coupled with Internet porn. Did that all lead to this?

Jay I'm outraged by this post you know damn good and well it lead to exactly that! Can't a guy have sex with a head of cabbage without being singled out these days? :)

oldjudge
09-06-2013, 05:32 PM
I would ordinarily condone it, but when the result of this act is cole slaw served at the family picnic, I must draw the line.

HRBAKER
09-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I would ordinarily condone it, but when the result of this act is cole slaw served at the family picnic, I must draw the line.

Not the post you want to read right before you head out for Friday night dinner!

Cardboard Junkie
09-06-2013, 05:41 PM
This

btcarfagno
09-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Not the post you want to read right before you head out for Friday night dinner!

Seriously. Visions of the picnic basket from National Lampoon's Vacation. Only much....much more nasty.

Shoes

thetruthisoutthere
09-06-2013, 05:48 PM

You might be right, Travis, but my below thread certainly wasn't a bust:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175073

Sunny
09-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Well said Scott. I feel terrible for participating in the rap discussion in this thread, this is some serious heavy stuff here not to be taken lightly. Thank you for telling us the story Robert, and I hope someday you get your pin and albumen photo back, or at least get to see Nash brought to justice.

Not only did Peter Nash steal things from me, when Nash borrowed $11,000 from me so he can pay his rent, he gave me collateral that was stolen. Let me explain. In 2007 Peter Nash was renting a house in Saratoga Springs, NY. He had such bad credit that the landlord would not rent to him the house unless he paid 6 months of rent up front. When the next 6 months rent came due he did not have it. Peter Nash was in a desperate panic! Nash begged my wife and I to lend him the money and we told him no, because he already owed us $8,000 from a previous loan. Peter Nash then told us he would give us all the baseball memorabilia that he had as collateral. I told Nash I thought Robert Edward Auctions had all of your memorabilia and he told me no. Early the next morning Nash was parked in front of my house at about 6:00 AM wanting to show us the collateral. Nash assured us that the collateral was worth much more than $11,000. We loaned Nash the money so he and his wife wouldn't be evicted from there home. After the loans were over due I tried to sell the collateral. I found out that the "Boston Base Ball Club 1871 -1897" book was stolen from Tim Murnane's grandson, the book also had Tim Murnane's signature in it. (Tim Murnane was a sports writer and a 19th century baseball player, he's in the Hall of Fame as a sports writer). See link below about Tim Murnane:

http://ourgame.mlblogs.com/2013/05/08/tim-murnane-heart-of-the-game/

After selling one of the collateral items a large 1908 Old Timers game framed photo. Nash had his attorney send me a letter telling me that I can't sell any of the collateral. You have to wonder why Peter Nash was so worried about me selling the collateral? After all, he owed me the money! Was it because the collateral was stolen like the Tim Murnane book? When Nash got caught stealing the book Tim Murnane's grandson wrote me a notarized letter wanting it back. The judge ordered the book returned to Tim Murnane's grandson. Peter Nash, why did you give me the book as collateral, if you didn't own it? That's called fraud Peter Nash, you are a liar and a fraudster! What about the time you paid someone to turn back the mileage of your car? What about the time you stole the Fred Tenney items and consigned it to Robert Edward Auctions and you got caught! Lets face it Peter Nash when you got caught stealing the Fred Tenney items your whole life was over with in the sports collectables business. You just didn't want to face the facts. When word got out that you consigned stolen items no one wanted to authenicate your stuff anymore. The question then became, were your items stolen, fake and where did it come from? Then you pleaded the fifth dozens of times in your deposition! Game over Mr. Nash! For years you have been on this crazy attack, blamming other for your mistakes to cause a smoke screen to cover up your sins. You need to face the facts you are the one to blame for your miserable life! Your wife, Roxanne would have been better off leaving you, Roxanne's best friend Angela Thomas told my wife that Roxanne should have left you for the doctor, Roxanne would have had a much better life than living in her sisters house. You need to see a psychiatrist and get a job! Your life as a writer has made you broke! Writing a book about Barry Halper and some authenticators and auction houses is not going to make you a dime because your a liar, con-man and fraudster! You pleaded the fifth dozens of times to cover up your crimes! So be happy that you didn't end up in jail where you belong! Are you still living in your brother in law's basement or did he kick you out? I tried to upload the Cooperstown Police report when Peter Nash stole the Fred Tenney items but it wouldn't upload the file beacuse it was to big. I need to find out how to do this? I'll have to upload it another day.

Cardboard Junkie
09-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Pots and Kettles, IMO.:eek:

Rich Klein
09-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Because usually I get the emails with Breaking News Hauls of Shame but I never yesterday's post with Pete's new accusations. Thanks to the board for alerting me to that. Barry, you looked so debonair

Rich

baez578
09-07-2013, 12:07 PM
You were doing great until the personal attacks and wife comments...IMO

Cardboard Junkie
09-07-2013, 12:12 PM
You were doing great until the personal attacks and wife comments...IMO

Yes! +1

E93
09-07-2013, 12:14 PM

+1

There is not a small amount of irony in a person accused and found liable in court for $100,000s of fraud in this hobby started a website to start slinging accusations at others before cleaning up his own side of the street. Personally, I would not believe a word he says on that website.
JimB

wonkaticket
09-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes! +1

If you guys are referring to Robert above, then I would say that keep in mind he has known them both for many years. There's a lot of personal history between them all.He has also been accused of drowning cats, threatened to have his legs broken accused of fraud etc. when in fact he is the victim of Pete.

I don't begrudge him one bit anything he has posted above if anything since Pete is hiding behind a website this is one of the only ways he as a victim of Pete has to get stuff off his chest to Peter. We just happen to have a front row seat.

This isn't about Robert taking the high road or doing what we feel is right he's simply sharing insight into Peter and his experiences with the man for many years. Experiences that should be reviewed and taken very seriously by many who blindly listen and quote this guy as a hobby insider and positive person.

A great example of this one of the comments on his website yesterday was from a collector who said.

"I am sorry to hear that Sloate may also be corrupt. I thought he was a decent guy with good ethics but I imagine that greed got the best of him."
Comment by STEVE CUMMINGS — September 6, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Peter with no real evidence or proof has just added a taint to a very solid person in the hobby, why simply because Barry came in here and supported Robert or felt bad for him. So because of that Peter has added Barry and I to his webapge and begun to weave crazy stories.

Classy guy. Even if everything Peter said was 100% true, he is the last person who should be posting it for the simple fact who can trust this guy? If you look up the boy who cried wolf it should be a picture of this guy. If he really does have good info of which I doubt 99% of his stories having that info in his hands is wasted.

Cheers,

John

Cardboard Junkie
09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all the clarification John! It's a hard story to follow. Anywho, time for a baseball card:
I must be in the front row!

baez578
09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm glad he's posted all of this and I feel bad for what he is going through.

I was just referring to the wife sleeping with someone else commentary.

But then again, if I went through what he went through, I might vent the same way.

I hope you can claim as much back as you can... This must be tough

Runscott
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Jay I'm outraged by this post you know damn good and well it lead to exactly that! Can't a guy have sex with a head of cabbage without being singled out these days? :)

Did you steam it first?

Cardboard Junkie
09-07-2013, 06:57 PM
I prefer sauerkraut to put my kielbasa in!:D

benjulmag
09-07-2013, 08:46 PM
...A great example of this one of the comments on his website yesterday was from a collector who said.

"I am sorry to hear that Sloate may also be corrupt. I thought he was a decent guy with good ethics but I imagine that greed got the best of him."
Comment by STEVE CUMMINGS — September 6, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Peter with no real evidence or proof has just added a taint to a very solid person in the hobby, why simply because Barry came in here and supported Robert or felt bad for him. So because of that Peter has added Barry and I to his webapge and begun to weave crazy stories.

Classy guy. Even if everything Peter said was 100% true, he is the last person who should be posting it for the simple fact who can trust this guy? If you look up the boy who cried wolf it should be a picture of this guy. If he really does have good info of which I doubt 99% of his stories having that info in his hands is wasted.

Cheers,

John

The following quote from Scott Forrest also is germane:

Thieves are thieves - there is no convincing them that honesty is the correct way to live their lives. Same thing for people who make excuses for them.

"The really positive thing about threads like this is that we find out more about people through their comments about the thieves, and we learn who to avoid like the plague. They simply can't hide their spots from us, because they have no idea that their behavior is not correct."

I do not know who Steve Cummings is, but based on his comment about Barry Sloate based on the hypocritical pronouncements of Peter Nash, IMO Mr. Cummings has revealed a great deal about himself.

slidekellyslide
09-07-2013, 09:06 PM
The following quote from Scott Forrest also is germane:

"The really positive thing about threads like this is that we find out more about people through their comments about the thieves, and we learn who to avoid like the plague. They simply can't hide their spots from us, because they have no idea that their behavior is not correct."

I do not know who Steve Cummings is, but based on his comment about Barry Sloate based on the hypocritical pronouncements of Peter Nash, IMO Mr. Cummings has revealed a great deal about himself.

He's apparently a clinical psychologist.

http://www.stephenjcummings.com/contact.htm