PDA

View Full Version : No love for Alfonso

t206hound
08-28-2013, 12:56 PM
So Alfonso Soriano hits two homers last night to go to 400 for his career, and there are no headlines. Hmmm.

Buried in the SEVENTH PARAGRAPH of the game recap on ESPN.com...
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=330827114

barrysloate
08-28-2013, 01:50 PM
The Yankees pickup of Soriano was among the best any team made this year. If they manage to qualify for the playoffs, it will be largely on his back.

bnorth
08-28-2013, 09:27 PM
WOW I have not kept up with him since he left the Yankees years ago, did not realize he has hit that many.
Was lucky enough to be at the game in Chicago against the White Sox when he set the record for most home runs in a season by a lead off hitter.:D

Jay Wolt
08-28-2013, 10:19 PM
He's also approaching 300 steals, so that's a nice balance of speed & power

D. Bergin
08-29-2013, 12:32 PM
I think I was the only Yankee fan at the time who was upset at all about giving up Sori in the A-Rod trade years ago.

Of course at the time, it made sense. We needed a 3rd baseman badly. Cano was coming up through the system and we would have to make room for him soon at 2nd base.

.........and Soriano certainly had his flaws. An overly aggressive hitter who generally piled up his stats against bad pitching and disappeared in clutch situations. Not because he wasn't trying, but he would get too tight and start to chase.

Great guy in the clubhouse though, who always seemed to be cheering on his team-mates. Similar to Nick Swisher I guess.

dabigyankeeman
09-03-2013, 08:01 AM
The guy has flown under the radar. He is putting together a really good career, and as already has been said in this thread, he is the major factor in the Yankees rejunination this season.

I dont understand why he is not getting more publicity lately, and why even the Yankees didnt make a bigger deal out of his 400th homer.

And do you see the size of his bat!!!!! Humongous!!!

iwantitiwinit
09-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Believe it or not since Soriano left the Yanks at the end of the 04' season he has hit virtually as many hr's as Arod. Arod 306 v. Soriano 303. Never should have traded him. I despise Arod and am a rabid Yankee fan.

EvilKing00
09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Soriano... Ok i get that, what about schfield? I know the ped stuff but his numbers are awesome